What's new

obtaining c02

casey

BudGood2006 said:
SunshineWorship, they don't raise temps nearly at all if you get an air-cooled CO2 generator. Maybe a couple of degrees, but not enough to be noticable. I have this one:

I'll post a thread on it with some of the technical specs so I don't clutter up this thread. It's worth it for a number of reasons, one of them being, as Verite pointed out, everyone uses LP. Easy as heck to get it ANYWHERE. :D

lp? lazarus propane??

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
P.s. for shits and grins I called a few welding supply places just now and they all said the same thing. That someone coming in for a pure tank of c02 for welding was very rare. They said that 90+% of all co2 sales for welding was the 75/25 argon/co2 mix. Another 5% was for the 92/8 argon/co2 mix. And almost all the pure co2 tanks were used for purposes other than welding.

But then again I probably dont know what Im talking about. :wink:

igotpron

hey i got my own rig to fill paintball tanks in the parking lot whos gonna turn down a 2 dolalr fill? shoot and i dont even play paintball but i dont mind sellin some c02.

G

Thank You BudGood2006!!
You dont see to many people operating these and it always seemed like the safer bet. Its just so much easier to get LP.....i mean they freakin sell it at the quickie mart for gods sake.
Please do a thread and make it a damn sticky!!

i htought they used c02 when the heli arched(sp?) when they need to weld in a enviroment with no oxygen. just like witht he wire feed you can hook gas up to em its jsut to weld in clean enviroments with no perositives.(sp?)

I have always seen N2 used as the purge gas for high pressure apllication like a cascade.

NoS

casey

SonshineWurship said:
Thank You BudGood2006!!
You dont see to many people operating these and it always seemed like the safer bet. Its just so much easier to get LP.....i mean they freakin sell it at the quickie mart for gods sake.
Please do a thread and make it a damn sticky!!

what's lp??and which quickie mart??also where else can I get it?

I know it's propane and for the generator

help me out.

OK guys, I will be posting that tonight...And I can't make it a sticky, I'm not a mod. :smile:

Casey, LP is Liquid Propane, same stuff you use for a gas grill. The CO2 generator burns the LP and creates CO2. Look for the thread to come soon... :wave:

Last edited:

BruceLeeroy

tell em you use it for your wet bar in your home, keeps your beer and soda machine running.

tell them you an aquarium enthusiast, and you need the co2 to keep your freshwater plants and coral healthy.

tell them it's for your group of friends that gets together and spends every sunday paintballing, and you use it to fill the guns

lots of different things. be convincing and dont walk in stressing it. some people can smell a lie like a fart in poorly ventilated grow room :p

peace

SPARKY420

i get mine from a fire extinguisher fillup place. they think it is for beer and i get 20 lbs for 13 bucks.

Oger's Revenge

A few more excuses for buying CO2 could be...

You and some buddies are building spud guns and air cannons (google pumkin chuckin')
You use it for airing up your tires after 4x4'ing (it's common to lower air pressure before the trail, and wise to fill up before the trip home)
You use it for running road side emergency air tools (ratchets, impact wrenches, etc...)

Paintball and home brewing or a wet bar/fountain soda are the best ones for repeat visits though...

Cheers
-Oger-