What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obama: U.S. should not act on pot use in Washington, Colorado

Darth Fader

In Rolling Stone he "clarified" his previous statement that he 'wouldn't go after medical USERS' but never said he wouldn't go after growers or distributers (note: the ogden memo actually stated "individuals", not "users", which could also apply to a grower or caregiver). Same weak non-commital doublespeak here. Lawyers and politicians are particularly skilled in carefully parsing their speech. This time is no different: nearly identical to his medical marijuana statement from his first term, and easily parsed. In short time he'll probably be saying "I never said we wouldn't go after growers and distributers in legal states, we just said we wouldn't go after recreational USERS. Fool me once, shame on you.

The only reason he's letting this slide IMO is because Prohibition is clearly in it's death throes. Public opinion has shifted dramatically and it would be a giant political mistake to spend all that political capital to fight it just to die on that hill. Prohibition is ending whether he likes it or not.

S

SooperSmurph

I dont think we need to burn him at the stake for what he said, rather, lets attempt to get him up to speed, however, amongst the intellectuals, Im far too aware of how blind he may actually be.. Some people have strong points apart from us intuitive type thinkers. But they make terrible points when debating lol.... But these are some of the most loyal people in the world imo.... so we all have our strong points..
Aint hatin', I just find myself more bemused by people who buy into the two party system as I get older.

Jbonez

Veteran
Aint hatin', I just find myself more bemused by people who buy into the two party system as I get older.

I know bro... Ive been seeing for the first time as Ive gotten older, you could say shit is starting to make sense, and I liked it when I believed in Santa clause and my country would never hurt me.. Both of which are bullshit...

If anyone here just got devastated by my news about Santa, Im sorry.

Jbonez

Veteran
Funny, the war on drugs should have ended with Nixon, rather it lived on, tho his shady political practices didnt...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Funny, the war on drugs should have ended with Nixon, rather it lived on, tho his shady political practices didnt...

political practices have not changed since the beginning of time. politicians will ALL lie, & tell you what you want to hear to get your vote. then, they will go right ahead & do the wrong damn thing no matter what we think they agreed to do. just because no one has been caught at it like tricky Dick was does not mean that the same bullshit isn't going on. from BOTH parties, i might add.

Jbonez

Veteran
political practices have not changed since the beginning of time. politicians will ALL lie, & tell you what you want to hear to get your vote. then, they will go right ahead & do the wrong damn thing no matter what we think they agreed to do. just because no one has been caught at it like tricky Dick was does not mean that the same bullshit isn't going on. from BOTH parties, i might add.

Yes Im aware, its just that Nixon resigned... His political practice literally ended there, so.....

I, I just...

Latest posts

Latest posts