What's new

Obama to Stop Feds Going after Medical Marijuana

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
The reason why the dispensaries across the entire state of California have not been shut down has nothing to do with their being in compliance with state law, because under Mentch, they are not. Instead, it has everything to do with the lack of political will to want to actually do it.

It goes beyond just political will; the fact is that the DEA (even the DEA and state law enforcement combined) don't have the manpower to keep losing this fight. Every year another state adopts mmj laws. Illinois and Arizona appear to be next... definitely Arizona in 2010. We are quickly approaching 50% of the states having mmj laws. In fact, in terms of population, we may already be at 50%.

Every state law that supports medical use increases the magnitude of the job the feds have to perform if they want to actively pursue cannabis users/growers. At some point, they will give up. We may be nearing that point.

MMAJAY

Here's what still sucks: I live in New York where Medical Marijuana is still illegal. My doctor gives me ao much morphine and I'm so wrecked all the time I can hardly function. However if I don't take the morphine I can't move.So I take the morphine and have a degree of physical independence. I'm not independent of the morphine though every six to eight hours I need my dose. Not to mention the dose has become larger due to the way opiates and body tolorence work. When ever I get a chance to use Medical Marijuana for three or four weeks my morphine us goes down to almost zero. I wonder If the Federal goverment would take that into effect in New York state? Thus allow Medical use in states where Medical Marijuana is still illegal?
I really hate that you live in NY because if its illegal its illegal. I myself use MJ instead of hard opiates and i do it illegally. I won't wait till my state tells me what i can or can not do if i know it helps. Yes i face arrest if caught but thats just the chance i have to take for now. There are thousands of MJ users in the same boat as you and it sucks but not much we can do about it except bug our senators and governors untill your heard. Things are slowly turning our way.

HOVAH2.0

I think its an pass to grow all u want.

never the less u cant say it would be better with a republican in the house

bigdaddyc9

I use medical pot because of pain issues and hyper-emisis issues.The emisis issues are directly related to the hard opiates I am prescibed for chronic pain.I am currently on 480mg of Oxycontin daily,and if it were not for the major puking,I wouldnt even know I am taking it as I am in agony.
Opiates do nothing for my pain.So they keep ramping up the Oxys in hope they can get rid of my pain issues.I think if the USA lives up to this and stops arresting legit medical folks,this would open the door for New York and a few other states that have MMj laws hovering in limbo for the last few years or so,to finally pass and adapt MM laws to this state.I belive if I could remove the fear factor for myself,I could ditch the Oxys and use just high quality MMj for all my documented illnesses.

Being left alone to grow 6 to 10 plants,would enable me to have medication to last the year.I would grow out 5 different strains so as to not get a tolerance thing going on.I would have 2 daytime smokes and 2 night time smokes.Say Jack Herer in the daytime and Slyder for the after dinner shortly before cribby weed.And zero Opiates.No more Oxycontin,fentanyl patches,Avinza Morphine,Roxicodones and the gamut of deadly drugs.
My toilet wouldn't even know me anymore.As I am every morning at 5am puking my brains out,sneezing snot dripping off my face,and sweating like I was a water fountain.Hugging the porcelin will be history.
So lets have a little hope that we are finally being taken seriously and our cries for justice and relief are being heard.I don't know how they couldn't hear my cries.I have been writing,e-mailing and phone calling my state and fed reps for years about medical pot.I am sure I have a bullseye on me everywhere I go due to being an outspoken advocate of med pot.Oh well lets just hope this time the Gov does what it says it is going to do.I dont blame anyone for being skeptical.Peace and "Free the Weed for those in Need" BigD

JUST A HEADS-UP

FOXNEWS's John Stossel is going to do a report on mmj dispensaries tonight (Oct. 20th)...don't have any idea what time he is on.

PS..I'm not yet able to post a thread, thus the piggy-back on this thread