What's new

Obama To Answer Online Questions: Will Marijuana Legalization Be Top Question Again ?

Obama To Answer Online Questions: Will Marijuana Legalization Be Top Question Again ?

• yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrew

Veteran
Obama says he's going to decriminalize it and you can start picking dates, and placing your bets in the Obama dead pool.
Big Pharma
DEA
Church groups
Rouge piggies

They are going to be lining up to assassinate him before he can actually do it.
The guy will have to live in a pope mobile from now on.

I am willing to volunteer 40 hours of my time providing "stoner security" for Obama, and I'm sure many other MJ users would be too.
Obama can travel safely with us, hidden away in the huge cloud of smoke we would generate everywhere we went.

I just want him to address the question
Take it seriously, and give it the respect it deserves.

Z

zen_trikester

Last year he blew it off as if the internet was disproportionately infested with pot heads. Hopefully this years bullshit encrusted disregard for our question, will at least inspire realization that this isn't some numbers fluke. Instead, this is the voice of the respectful hard working Americans who are unwilling to show themselves as a pot smoker in any other format. This is a result of pushing good people into the closet with the fears of prohibition, and then giving them a voice for their anonymity.

I don't expect some miracle where Obama actually speaks candidly or truthfully about MJ. I don't expect he will do more than what he did last year. But when all is said and done, this is more visual proof for the American people that their needs are not being attended to and their voice is not being heard. Even without being discussed, this is a huge stage for legalization and regulation even if it is only mentioned briefly.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
can you see the empty suit ignoring our pleas from your couch?

I see a democratically elected president, not a dictator that rules by decree.

Did you refer to the "compassionate conservative" as an empty suit because he wasn't compassionate enough for you?

The "compassionate conservative" split a dispassionate party and spawned a group of opposition haters. These haters will hate whatever the current president does. Not likely he'll play Palin turkey on the tea bagger chop block.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I see a democratically elected president, not a dictator that rules by decree.
you must have missed him laughing at us and ignoring the chang.org promise he made as well.

Did you refer to the "compassionate conservative" as an empty suit because he wasn't compassionate enough for you?
yup sure did.
i see no differences in the past two liberal presidents.

The "compassionate conservative" split a dispassionate party and spawned a group of opposition haters. These haters will hate whatever the current president does. Not likely he'll play Palin turkey on the tea bagger chop block.
the other side are always "haters" of the executive remember the vitriol leveled at the shrub?
the right left lie is irrelevant to the topic at hand. they both ignore and laugh at the idea of personal freedom equally..
some folks just seem to be blinded by (R) or (D) when in reality there are no differences.

I find it interesting when the Democrats are in charge not one of them does anything wrong. No matter how many laws they break

When the Republicans are in charge according to the Democrats they do everything wrong. The Republicans have a morality provision, the Dem's don't, funny that Huh

We trust the politicians with no moral compass, more than the ones that do. Funny that huh

So if they can pick on good people i can pick on the bad people

It's funny how the spell check capitalized democrat; but not republican. Funny that huh

:thank you:

This has been an airing of my opinion not to be confused with any facts, Please no flames

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
I see no question concerning med mj, they were all deleted "because people believe it is inappropriate." So much for free speech..

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I see no question concerning med mj, they were all deleted "because people believe it is inappropriate." So much for free speech..

I worked as a hospice social worker, and witnessed many patients painful decline that would have had a much higher quality end-of-life if cannibis were available to them.How do you justify contributing to the terminally ill's discomfort for politics?
look under the healthcare section

bird

The Constitution's preamble mentions promoting general welfare for the people of the U.S.So will you please help the patients who benefit from medical marijuana and push for medical marijuana legalization in all 50 states to protect their welfare.

heres one i jus read

I find it interesting when the
When the Republicans are in charge according to the Democrats they do everything wrong. The Republicans have a morality provision, the Dem's don't, funny that Huh

We trust the politicians with no moral compass, more than the ones that do. Funny that huh
http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/Republican_Sex_Scandals
http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/Examples_of_Republican_hypocrisy_on_moral_values
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/october172007/repub_scandals_10_17_07.php

I hate to tell you, but "Moral compass" doesn't mean a damn thing. A lot of twisted fucks can gain people's trust by simply stating they're Christians.
That said, I'm not defending any democratic politician. Both sides are scummy, but the "right" side capitalizing on people's religious beliefs is downright shameful. Republican politicians are clearly in it for self-interest and business interest, while claiming to be representing the little guy. Give me a break.
Sarah Palin won't support public health care but she herself goes to CANADA for treatment, she's a walking, mouth-breathing example of my point.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
you must have missed him laughing at us and ignoring the chang.org promise he made as well.

Granted. But the president knows more than the man that campaigned. I don't condone lies but it's common to run on an issue and discover that even the president is a small fish in a big pond of advocates. Some of these advocate prohibition.

Didn't the change.org comment have something to do with decrim? IMO, he's decriminalized more than his predecessors. You may feel JD has reneged on the deal. IMO, the jury is still out on that.

yup sure did.
i see no differences in the past two liberal presidents.
A little white, a little black and one GIANT shade of gray. The president has both wings screaming against, that's textbook centrist. Maybe not [my] nor your idea of centrist but the middle of the country seems to think so.

the other side are always "haters" of the executive remember the vitriol leveled at the shrub?
the right left lie is irrelevant to the topic at hand. they both ignore and laugh at the idea of personal freedom equally..
some folks just seem to be blinded by (R) or (D) when in reality there are no differences.
IMO, the differences are stark. But you may be right, there may be no impetus on either side to advocate policy that goes against mom and pop values.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
im a weirdo i guess DB
i define liberal as "anyone who desires to increase federal power"
so to me bush II was even more of a liberal(a bad thing imo)than obusha. both beholden to the same corporate masters.
so [my] centrist is a bit off from the rest of the country i think...

contra

Obama needs to quit being a pussy and speak his mind. I read some of the things he wrote about mj in the past so I know damn well that he appreciated its effects. But I guess when you add the title president to one's name, they are no longer entitled to or expected to have an opinion of their own. All that man has to do is say on national tv that for responsible adults, mj could be a safer more fulfilling alternative to alcohol and that it never caused him any harm. Since bad publicity put mj where it is today, a plug from the president should be enough to reverse the tide.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
dagnabit, I can see your point. And I'm not center either.

I can remember a day when neither party seemed to be controlled by so few. IMO, the ideals are still very different but the game has changed.

Maybe I'm weird for suggesting there's a difference these days.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Obama needs to quit being a pussy and speak his mind. I read some of the things he wrote about mj in the past so I know damn well that he appreciated its effects. But I guess when you add the title president to one's name, they are no longer entitled to or expected to have an opinion of their own. All that man has to do is say on national tv that for responsible adults, mj could be a safer more fulfilling alternative to alcohol and that it never caused him any harm. Since bad publicity put mj where it is today, a plug from the president should be enough to reverse the tide.

So he's a liar or a pussy. Who knows, maybe a combination? Just speaking for myself but I've always considered weed smoking a sort of renegade activity. To me, reneging on the public insurance option was a far bigger cave. I just can't see the president of the US endorsing vice.

Like you said, Uncle Sam is responsible for the bad rap. I imagine the spirit lobby would have a problem with (presidential) alternatives to their product. That's the bad thing about mj, it could put lots of peeps out of business.

I mentioned the mom and pop aspect. I imagine we've got rich players that don't give a damn whether we puff. They just want us to buy their non-hemp fiber, crude and pharmaceuticals. IMO it'll take much more than a president to move repeal.

The biggest push in the direction we want will come from industry. Once greedsters figure out the way to get rich on mj, public opinion is and will remain sympathetic enough to assuage the moms and pops that would otherwise like to see us roll the clock back to the 1950s.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
maybe you should stop hating on Palin and take a closer look at the lieing bag of shit you voted for.

Anyone who gets elected to public office in the US (and probably the world) is a "lying bag of shit."

But Palin? She's a STUPID, STUCK UP, KNOW-NOTHING-KNOW-IT-ALL, lying bag of shit.

I'd sooner vote for Bristol Palin than Sara Palin.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
have to agree..
and im a "conservative ideologue" but governor clownshoes is best suited to a career in reality tv.

Anyone who gets elected to public office in the US (and probably the world) is a "lying bag of shit."

But Palin? She's a STUPID, STUCK UP, KNOW-NOTHING-KNOW-IT-ALL, lying bag of shit.

I'd sooner vote for Bristol Palin than Sara Palin.

you said it. US and Canada's politics are just sad....

Obama is a puppet.

Never have I claimed to be smart, but I know in my heart something is wrong with the gov.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
maybe you should stop hating on Palin

It's not hate, it's humor. I made no reference to the incendiary language she defends.

and take a closer look at the lieing bag of shit you voted for.

SOG
Now that's hate. Thanks for demonstrating the difference, sog. You don't know who I voted for, you don't even know whether I voted at all.

and btw, the public option would bankrupt the country and destroy the quality of American healthcare
The 37th best health care in the world? The one that charges us 1/6th GDP and growing? The only industry that enjoys ZERO US regulations? The industry that's so corrupt that all 50 states regulate the products they can sell, rendering them impotent to sell across state lines? The same industry that charges 12% administrative costs compared to 4% for Medicare and VA?

The same folks that demand that government keep their hands of Medicare wouldn't have Medicare w/o government negotiating pricing. Price negotiations would have been the same with the public option. With the PO, you could still buy the private crap if you wanted to pay through the ass. Or, you could buy the sister to Medicare or similar to what our veterans enjoy. Take a look at the polls, veterans aren't all liberal and they aren't liars.

The only thing destroyed here is your knee-jerk opinion, sog.

Status
Not open for further replies.