What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obama Justice Department Set to Overrule any State that Legalizes Marijuana

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
any administration would have to say this in order to save face. romney can say he is for it and change that stance as soon as his advisors let him in on the deal...olbama can say or do whatever the feck he wants without regret but will never advocate discussion about reclassification or 'change' to the status quo.

what this forces is states rights abdicated by federal interference and this plays in our favor imo.

...of course this could also break our backs...what we need is unity. all three freaking states passing simultaneously would...man that was a nice pipedream. but yeah, if the feds prevail in quashing a state initiative then we may as well embrace our destiny.

benzo

I'm also very anxious to see what's gonna go down...

But wow, some great posts in here.. had me laughing out loud a few times. Thanks

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
In George Carlin's last comedy special he went off on these kinds of things and said it so clearly, "No one gives a fuck about you."
That was in 2008 and we're seeing it quite clearly here in 2012.

-Funk

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is going to be historic. Bout time! Wonder what this will do to rescheduling efforts... How long can they ignore science?

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i hope it passes with a major lanslide! the people have spoken,this is not a red country ,with that said ,if they do over ride this, the outcry will be heard world wide and he will be dissed for not upholding democracy,?now i dont care for the un ,but if un deligates want to enshure the votes are not tamped with ,then by all means bring them on ,we demand that there are at the poles in forgin countries ,but we dont want them here?really?why do you think thats so?if the majority cant vote and win if there not in an electorial state then how the hell do you call that freedom ,fair,or democracy?and while i on a roll ,why in the hell do we not get to vote on supream court judges,and why in the hell do they get a life time job?this is pure bullshit!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Secession may be in order...

we could offset those lost funds the feds blackmail us with by income generated by the myriad of taxes the canna industry would then provide.

fuck the feds, they have usurped their powers.

they hold only an agreement between states. lacking that, they must capitulate...Re-Legalize!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Romney has said he will go after MMJ so If he is elected we can expect that to happen...Im pretty sure if they do pass there's going to be some court battles coming.. If we just show the facts REAL hard facts evidence to debunk the feds position we cant lose..

On November 6, voters in Colorado, Washington and Oregon will decide whether to legalize and tax marijuana sales. If one or more of the measures passes, and President Barack Obama is reelected, expect the Justice Department to take action to stop any state from decriminalizing the popular herb

Here in Cali we already decriminalized 1oz or under.. This article reads like someone opinion.. I cant wait to see what happens...

Last edited:

ghostly

We have a winner!

That's how the insurance companies control the cities and counties. "follow our rules or lose your insurance" "can't do that, your liable"
It's a fucked up game of politrix

Ps
If yall dont know, the ref502 is a bad deal for WA citizens.

ghostly

we could offset those lost funds the feds blackmail us with by income generated by the myriad of taxes the canna industry would then provide.

they hold only an agreement between states. lacking that, they must capitulate...Re-Legalize!

^^^ I like this

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
the best thing we have going for US is we are broke

we are spread so thin taking care of our own country is becoming too hard. Local cops don't give two shits about marijuana, so it's not even a battle, it's a waste of time and $$$

as soon as tax benefits reach the news every state will be passing their own laws

in 2009 alcohol taxes in the US generated almost 6 BILLION revenue

that was 4 years ago, I'd imagine it is closer to 10 these days

I'm sure after a few years marijuana would easily make it into the billion dollar tax bracket here.

when you spend trillions on war a billion doesn't sound like much, but for fucks sake, it A BILLION DOLLARS

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
They'll let the States shoot it down since it would be a states rights issue if voted in. The way they do this is cut off all federal funding to the state for say, roads, bridges, medicaid, education, etc, etc. The Fed did the same thing, or threatened to, to states that decided they they wouldn't drop the speed limit to 55 back in the, not sure if it was the late 70's or early to mid 80's. Needless to say the speed limits were dropped to 55 to avoid losing federal highway dollars. nothing but legal blackmail on the federal level.

look into the federal funding that OR gets

um, sure we get some, but damn do our roads suck, our schools suck, hell most anything federally funded blows here. We are used to getting denied cause we are used to telling them to fuck off.

Maybe one day I will see Cascadia come to fruition

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
lets put it this way

you could almost color in this map red and blue

pot smoking states run this country

the West Coast runs this IMO, east coast makes things, middle grows things, West RUNS it all and the Tech industry

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Whichever states legalise, they will need to also make it against the law for state LEO to cooperate with the alphabet gangs.No using the local police as a base for going on a bunch of raids. Officers caught giving info, to be sacked and fined heavily.
They day you see your local swat team defending a grower from the alphabet gangs swat teams--that is when the weed will be free in the US, and the western world to follow.

eyes

Veteran

i have an easy solution: everyone stop working. stop paying taxes. stop supporting the machine. let em put us all in jail. Look at what happened in n.y.. Did u see the u.s. rushing to everyones aid? hurry up and wait. You get nothing. Do not vote for anyone is about right. stop showing up at rallys for these fools.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Can't see your map, DIDM. Good point, though.

oops, forgot the link
map-marijuana-400x400.jpg

so this is a map of where marijuana is popular in America

looks a lot like this one

electoralmap1.png