What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obama Declares All-Out War on Medical Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
this sounds more like them coming after the larger sites in colorado and what not.... not saying they wont attack anyone but it seems to me they seeing it getting out of control and are warning people like your parents would... but who knows....

merlin123

ICMag Donor
Obama needs big pharma donations for his next election. Big pharma is losing lots of $$$ with medical marijuana. Big corporations get what they want in this country. Doesn't matter who is president they are just puppets of big business.

We can legalize it through voter initiatives all day and night but ... the first state who legailizes MJ and the govornor signs it into law, say goodbye to all federal funding.
Not going to happen until large corporations are no longer in control of our politicians.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
to be fair, Obama inherited these laws. he cannot arbitrarily instruct that they not be enforced. he does not have the power to tell the AG to ignore federal laws.

ron paul and barney franks bill, if passed, would remove the federal laws affecting medical cannabis and small personal users. this would still leave them able to go after organized crime while at the same time reducing the monies available to organized crime by ripping the guts out of the black market in cannabis.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/was...ced-to-congress-by-ron-paul-barney-frank.html

this is coming for sure. it's just a question of when. at this point Obama is facing reelection and coming out publicly for cannabis would be political suicide. if he gets reelected he will be free to act.

if any of the republicans currently in the race, except for ron paul, are elected, you can kiss any change in federal status goodbye for at least four more years.

with the Obama administration at least you have a chance.

watch what happens to the paul-frank bill in congress. the senate republicans will resoundingly vote it down, thereby killing it. they will get a large number of democrat politicians to vote for it and very few republicans.

i can understand that the Obama haters must find this repugnant. however, if you want the feds off your ass you had better vote democrat in the next election as Ron Paul has as much of a chance as the proverbial snowball.

sincerely, delta9nxs

T

tony clifton

to be fair, Obama inherited these laws. he cannot arbitrarily instruct that they not be enforced. he does not have the power to tell the AG to ignore federal laws.

ron paul and barney franks bill, if passed, would remove the federal laws affecting medical cannabis and small personal users. this would still leave them able to go after organized crime while at the same time reducing the monies available to organized crime by ripping the guts out of the black market in cannabis.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/was...ced-to-congress-by-ron-paul-barney-frank.html

this is coming for sure. it's just a question of when. at this point Obama is facing reelection and coming out publicly for cannabis would be political suicide. if he gets reelected he will be free to act.

if any of the republicans currently in the race, except for ron paul, are elected, you can kiss any change in federal status goodbye for at least four more years.

watch what happens to the paul-frank bill in congress. the senate republicans will resoundingly vote it down, thereby killing it. they will get a large number of democrat politicians to vote for it and very few republicans.

i can understand that the Obama haters must find this repugnant. however, if you want the feds off your ass you had better vote democrat in the next election as Ron Paul has as much of a chance as the proverbial snowball.

sincerely, delta9nxs

you need to put down the glass of cool-aid and have someone punch you in the face!!!

PEACE

T.C. :pimp3:

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Cliff notes version: "Growers: Remember when I said I would respect states rights? Lulz, you got trolled son. And guess what, shithead? No one cares. No one will even notice this. They'll laugh, call you a druggie and go back to reading Drudge."

Cool. Declare war on my family over a few plants, and send armed men- whom have a long history of killing children and dogs- into my home.

This memo could have read "dear Whateverman, mount up son. Cuz we are."

And I will. I'd rather adopt a hippie persona than a gangsta one, but I guess I have no choice. I was gonna go fishing tomorrow, but I'm driving into town for the gun show instead. For real. I see no choice but to be armed to the teeth these days. History teaches they're gonna kill me and the dogs whether I resist or not. Fuck it...

Go out in a hail of bullets and take your dogs with you?

Yeah- that'll show 'em...

bentom187

Veteran
"with the Obama administration at least you have a chance"

pwahahaha a chance at what ? you should re-read the first post and the memos oragins ,yeah hes a DEM and already in office and the one comming after your rights.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
How much you want to bet the next big push is banishing guns. Hmmm, who else did this in history? Hitler? Mussolini? The list goes on.

Seriously....?

No one that has any dreams of being elected for ANYTHING is going to get behind any laws to banish your precious guns.

This is Amurica goddamitt, and don't you forget it!

DankSide

GAH! Why didn't you guys just vote MCCAIN! He could have solved everything.

Fuckin Obama! He's making it so absolutely everything in my life sucks!....
Realistically, he told his dogs not to mess with state laws involving MMJ so how could he be the diabolical culprit behind this and what politician would risk becoming a dreaded 'FLIP-FLOPPER'.

In this situation isn't it the AG taking some cash to throw out some anti mmj talk?

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Is this memo any different than what it was when MMJ laws were 1st passed in Calic CO and so on?

Snow Crash

Veteran
I'm done voting for democrats or republicans. I don't care if I'm wasting my vote. Unless the candidate states they are in favor of Medical CANNABIS then they don't deserve my vote.

The US Federal Government has a patent for the medicinal use of cannabinoids:
Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Not only do they have the nerve to maintain Cannabis as a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance (ignorantly misclassified) they will aggressively defend that stand against the will of 13 states. Hmmm... An oppressive force demanding that 13 independent states do as they are told... I believe that ends poorly for the oppressor.

To add insult to injury:
Americans for Safe Access Sues the Fed over Rescheduling Dely

The ASA is suing the Government on your behalf right now over the unacceptable amount of time they have failed to respond to the request for rescheduling. They can't come out and say a damn thing against the substance now, other than "it was classified as dangerous, and we are holding to that." Once they respond they will be forced to remove it as a Schedule 1 controlled substance and all this posturing by the US Attorneys Office will be in the past.

They are going to lose. Too bad they are too stupid to realize it.

vta

Veteran

sincerely, delta9nxs

funny-obama-pictures.png

I can go on and on why your wrong but just to name a few...There have been more raids under Obummer than there were with Bush. Obummer's goons{us attorneys] have now specifically singled out state gov employees as targets if they do their job and implement state law. Obummer just rejected and shit on the report from the Global Commission on Drugs that suggests decriminalizing drugs esp Marijuana.

Not to mention he laughed at all of us during that Town Hall bullshit.

Under Obummer the enforcement against Marijuana has only increased. How does that sound like 'at least you have a chance'...I see NO chance. None nadda zip.

Last edited:

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
I'm done voting for democrats or republicans. I don't care if I'm wasting my vote. Unless the candidate states they are in favor of Medical CANNABIS then they don't deserve my vote.

So you would rather have Republicans that don't legalize weed than Democrats that don't legalize weed?

Cause when you stay home on election day that's exactly what happens (see: last midterm elections).

There are a whole lot of people suffering right now that have no opinion one way or the other about marijuana, and the only people in politics right now who have any inclination to help them are Democrats, so try to look at the big picture...

Red Fang

Veteran

ron paul and BARNEY FRANK'S bill,

...if he gets reelected he will be free to act.

IF you want the feds off your ass you had better vote democrat in the next election as Ron Paul has as much of a chance as the proverbial snowball.

sincerely, delta9nxs
exactly man!

vta

Veteran
Obama has turned out to be our worst enemy yet!

This means EVERY SINGLE CLUB is a target and can be raided regardless of state law.

Obama DOJ Leaves Medical Marijuana Patients Sick and Suffering
Posted by Scott Michelman, Criminal Law Reform Project

On Wednesday, the Obama Justice Department issued a new memo to all U.S. Attorneys clarifying the DOJ's position on federal prosecutions of state-sanctioned medical marijuana use. It's not good news.

According to Deputy Attorney General James M. Cole, the new Obama DOJ policy states that only medical marijuana patients and caregivers should be left alone by federal prosecutors. But those who cultivate or distribute marijuana are fair game. Cole writes:

[p]ersons who are in the business of cultivating, selling or distributing marijuana, and those who knowingly facilitate such activities […] regardless of state law […] are subject to federal enforcement action, including potential prosecution.

This new policy is a complete reversal of the policy the administration outlined just two years ago. In 2009, the Obama administration boldly and wisely declared that the federal government would no longer bring federal drug-law prosecutions against individuals in compliance with state medical marijuana laws, including distributors and cultivators. This humane policy, known as the Ogden memo — named after David W. Ogden, the Justice Department official who authored it — acknowledged the reality that marijuana is currently providing relief for between 750,000 and 1 million patients with serious illnesses like cancer and AIDS in the one-third of states that permit its medical use.

The Ogden memo's inclusion of all state-compliant actors, not just patients, reflected the important practical fact that patients need to get their medicine from somewhere, and that prosecuting state-regulated distribution and cultivation systems, but not patients, leave patients with the legal protections they need but no actual medicine to relieve their pain.

What the Ogden memo recognized, in short, was that the war on drugs need not be a war on sick people.

The new policy outlined in the Cole memo is disastrous for patients and antithetical to public safety because it undermines efforts by states to set up carefully regulated distribution systems designed to help sick people get their medicine while preventing fraud and abuse. Exempting patients and caregivers while going after state-compliant suppliers will leave patients without a safe source for their medicine.

What is the government's message to these individuals, who rely on marijuana for unique relief? That patients should resort to black market drug dealers? That patients should go without their medicine?

Either alternative is unacceptable from an administration that has loudly proclaimed its fidelity to the principle that politics should not trump science. The Cole memo is pure politics: it reverts to a politically "safe" war-on-drugs ideology while ignoring the practical effects of the new policy and the harms to real individuals.

This week's sad development reminds us all that the rights of patients will not be fully secure until Congress changes the law to permit the use and regulated distribution of marijuana for medical purposes — thus placing patients' access to their medicine above the vicissitudes of politics.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
IC no answer to my 1st question......

But anyways

Im not in Cali or CO but from the outside looking in it seems like these warning's are for the folks making profit off something that was intended to be non profit.

Not saying I agree with that because pharma makes plenty of profit from the medications they put out.

I think I would be worried if MMJ was what i did for a living. But if i have a personal garden with a few patients, it seems you dont have to much to worry about.

This week's sad development reminds us all that the rights of patients will not be fully secure until Congress changes the law to permit the use and regulated distribution of marijuana for medical purposes — thus placing patients' access to their medicine above the vicissitudes of politics.

Stranger

If you smoke pot you have something to worry about.

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are the only two candidates I have heard unequivocally say pot will be legal if elected. I think Johnson even went into grandfathering and letting people out of jail too.

I will not vote for anyone that does not specifically say those words period.
Local or national. I also write them all and tell them the exact same thing.

Drug warriors hate the 4th amendment, bill of rights and have trouble understanding scientific reports.

No kidding I tell any politician if he can not understand the drug war he or she is intellectually worthless or a spineless liar and I do not need to know anything else about their positions. most effective in person... I am a professional and try to dress that way when meeting and they are always dumbfounded.
I guess I am supposed to be in my dead gear if I have that opinion.

This memo was shocking to me for some reason. I guess I want to believe we have at least won something.
Denial tells me Obama will be good after the election.... yeah and I wont smoke that last bud starring at me in my jar tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.