What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OBAMA AND WEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtDevil

So obviously Obama is going to win the presidency.
Does anyone know exactly where he stands on the marijuana thing?
I heard he smoked bongs and inhaled.

greenhead

Veteran
DirtDevil said:
So obviously Obama is going to win the presidency.
Does anyone know exactly where he stands on the marijuana thing?
I heard he smoked bongs and inhaled.

He's anti-Marijuana. I don't care what anybody else claims, they're lying.

:joint: :wave:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
By all accounts, he is wiling to say and vote as he is told by those collecting campaign funds for him. He'll give a speach claiming to feel one way and then vote another when it comes time. He just wants to be president, he isnt looking to actually change anything for all his retoric. An empty candidate as far as Im concerned. But at least he doesnt cry for votes, so if ya want a democrat he's prob the best choice, but who is mccain's opponent in the republican side? Over in the uk, you'd think that the race was between 2 democrats, never hear about the republican side over here.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
While it's no longer required by law that a President be a white male, it may still be required by society. Now that Huckabee and Romney have been exposed in their desire for a church state, McCain may have the advantage.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I thought that God was pretty big over there in the usa? Doesn't he have his own tv chanel? Isn't it required for a presidential candidate to believe in God over there? In the uk we finally have a pm who quite clearly states that he does not beleive in god, yet we get told that over there, that couldnt happen because god is so important to peeps.

Miko

He says he is for decriminalisation but against legalisation, whatever that means. One thing clear: that position is designed to get him more votes and at the same time promiss nothing, really. Take into account they hardly ever deliver 1% of what they promiss and you get the idea.

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
You chaps are not paying attention, there is a wave happening here that has not happened before in my lifetime. The democraps can take a majority of seats in both houses next year, and obama should be elected if he survives that long. That means that change will be able to happen, and certainly the dea raids against MMJ will stop. No candidate will campaign on legalizing pot, it is political death to do so. That may be different in two years with a democrap govt, it may at least be possible. Ultimately, it is up to us to write letters and tell our employees what to do.
H

^Being for decriminalization would mean that people who only used small amounts of weed wouldn't have any problems from the government.

But those who still chose to deal and possess large quantities would still get fucked in the ass by the long dick of the law(thus still being suceptible to seizures, and hence against legalization).

Legalization is only good for the people, the money making machine that is the government would suffer...and we can't have that, can we? :wink:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
GMT said:
I thought that God was pretty big over there in the usa? Doesn't he have his own tv chanel? Isn't it required for a presidential candidate to believe in God over there? In the uk we finally have a pm who quite clearly states that he does not beleive in god, yet we get told that over there, that couldnt happen because god is so important to peeps.

Big? In Jesusland? Yeah, he is. I can't imagine an admitted atheist being elected. Hopefully, most Americans will remember that it was a desire to escape the tyranny of the church state that created this country.

greenhead

Veteran
Regardless of who becomes prez, I'm going to continue to smoke and enjoy whatever I please, whenever I please. That will never change, lol.

I don't get how people are fainting for this asshat though, lol. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

Obama-turbantearekin-2008022617031904hg2.jpg

Miko

That is probably what Obaba would say, except not for quantity but medical use, Mr.Botanical. Look, small quantities is big enough ptential loss for money making machine, in fact as much as with large quantities. It makes no difference to pharm corporations unless they can control who allowed to consume and how much. Oh, and off course only if suppliers are Obama's sponsors

Last edited:

dbuzz

Veteran
he won't get elected once his policies get exposed.

he is like the underdog who blew his nut in the first quarter. they do well, but eventually get exposed for the mediocre team/candidate they are. the republican machine is very good at doing this. that's why they've held the presidency 20 of the last 28 years.

also, they're good at fixing elections. :bashhead:

Last edited:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
GMT said:
not by what i see... im happy my life isnt burdoned by some 'powerful' god...
obama is MUSLIM im not too thrilled of the idea but hes 100x better then mccain..... hes very anti-mj atleast obama is a whishy-washy dem, not to mention "the war", its like a dirty word to alot over here in so-cal....

i don't think mccain stands any chance at winning the popular vote, although the electoral college might think differently.

as far as his opinion on decriminalization, i think out of the top three he is the most likely to advance it. mccain surely won't and hillary said she would only "look into" ending federal raids on med patients.

edit: i think it might be to our advantage to have a muslim as president for a change(although i'd rather have a deist like the founding fathers were, or even better yet an atheist)

Last edited:

greenhead

Veteran
la resistance said:
as far as his opinion on decriminalization, i think out of the top three he is the most likely to advance it. mccain surely won't and hillary said she would only "look into" ending federal raids on med patients.

Luckily for me, small amounts of weed is already decriminalized in my state, as it is already in a bunch of other states.

la resistance said:
edit: i think it might be to our advantage to have a muslim as president for a change(although i'd rather have a deist like the founding fathers were, or even better yet an atheist)

I don't actually think that he's a Muslim. He claims to belong to some church. His father might be one though. Regardless of who is prez, there will be a war against Islamic terrorists. Nobody can stop that, lol.

greenhead said:
I don't actually think that he's a Muslim. He claims to belong to some church. His father might be one though. Regardless of who is prez, there will be a war against Islamic terrorists. Nobody can stop that, lol.

you are correct

wikipedia: "In Chapter 6 of the book, titled "Faith," Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian stepfather as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." The chapter details how Obama, in his twenties, while working with local churches as a community organizer, came to understand "the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change":"

He joined Trinity United Church of Christ in 1988.[138] A megachurch with 10,000 members, Trinity is the largest congregation in the United Church of Christ.

United Church of Christ (UCC) is a mainline Protestant Christian denomination principally in the United States, generally considered within the Reformed tradition, and formed in 1957 by the union of two denominations, the Evangelical and Reformed Church and the Congregational Christian Churches.

interesting. I wonder if he is actually active in the church or if he just did it for political reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.