What's new

Obama administration warns Oakland on pot farms

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
this surely eases tensions, the prospect of WeGrow and big pharma big money investors flooding the market on top of the outdoor flood scared alot of people.

but theres also something eerie about the federal administration starting to show some muscle and work against the tide of prop 215.

pretty soon we all might be underground again....even clubs and those who operated in the open. the pro19 crowd will definately see this as a result of 19 not passing and will blame the no crowd, and more shit slinging will ensue..

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
not to be all deja vu-ish, but spite is a helluva drug.

you remember folks thinking you deserved your hassles?

the only thing that differs is scale - and i'll be frigged if cheering for anybody getting shit for growing a plant makes sweet fuckall in the way of sense to me.

i completely understand......

but just one of the warehouses, pulling 62 lb's a day, like they said they would, shuts down 4000 8 light growers that were supplying the clubs.....

i care about the little folks, the mom and pop's.....

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
government can make any laws they want. Precedent are set everyday
if government wants to tax a specific co-op to allow to operate then that's business

business rules are for the city to make

this is a huge opportunity for the movement

ddrew

Veteran
Right here in no uncertain terms they are saying the defeat of 19 was a green light to start cracking down on med.

"The Obama administration’s challenge to Oakland over large-scale marijuana cultivation appears to be part of a broader federal effort to bring order to California’s booming medical marijuana industry following last month’s defeat of Proposition 19, the initiative to legalize recreational pot.

Eight days after the vote California’s four U.S. attorneys met with DEA and Justice Department officials to develop a plan to deal with some of the loopholes and gray areas in the state’s medical marijuana program, according to two officials briefed on the discussions."

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I see where you're coming from Krunch.

I'm sure many others do as well.

People are still hooked on the idea of "making it like (insert currently regulated commodity here)" to gain acceptance amongst the uneducated.

I think we need to Walmartize weed so we can be free.

Cookie cutter cannabis!! :jump:

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i completely understand......

but just one of the warehouses, pulling 62 lb's a day, like they said they would, shuts down 4000 8 light growers that were supplying the clubs.....

c'mon. you care about you, just like the rest of us, lol.

shit like this is just about parallel to admitting you can't compete without the government shoving a jackboot down somebody else's throat - the thing that makes it even more petty is that you can compete, and we both know it.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Eight days after the vote California’s four U.S. attorneys met with DEA and Justice Department officials to develop a plan to deal with some of the loopholes and gray areas in the state’s medical marijuana program, according to two officials briefed on the discussions."

annnnnd all that does is drive up prices. which means more profit for those who do operate in the grey areas. if the government wants to be stupid, and not let cities have medical marijuana laws, then fuck it make due while the suns shining. everyone whining about legalization should set up a 5k and go for it and get yours...

figment42

First let me say I am all about mom and pop. Through choice. Not by force. Mom and Pop grow ops can still exist if people are willing to pay the extra for quality grown with love stuff. Yet while we chase legalization this is a clear sign of things to come. Wait till a farm state gets the green light on cannabis and they start using 100,000 dollar tractors to grow it. Try and compete with that. The era of people making a living off growing a handful of plants is coming to end....slow or fast. We can't have it both ways. In the open the corps will eventually swoop down like the scavengers of wealth that they are and take over. Underground we make the money but face the penalty. This medical thing is the transition.

Same reason people don't make a living growing tomatoes in their house under hps. Cost.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I'M the only one that deserves money. and anyone who tries to make my money is greedy business assholes and should be arrested so I don't have to compete. /sarcasm

Gooey

haha^....everyone has their own path...large or small get yours...uplift those aroun you to uplift yourself amigos..peace

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shuts down 4000 8 light growers that were supplying the clubs.....
damn, I'm only running 4k atm.
not even on the mom and pop level..... retarded backwoods cousin?

BIG JT

I hope this drives market prices up, you guys out in cali are killin me with these low numbers.