What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oakley Display Micro Grow Aero-DWC

Boleman

Keeping the plants down!

Keeping the plants down!

The are looking great. I like to tie plants down until the flowers stop stretching to keep them short. works wonders for pepper plants as well.

Tying them is one way. soon you will see mine. I put a grate in there and weave it through like a basket, then cut the tops and flip the lights. all the segments grow to the lights and flower at the same time!!! Sea of Green Micro style!!

Boleman

Display in a Dispensiry

Display in a Dispensiry

Wow, that would be a goegeous display at a dispensary or nursery. :lurk:

This cabinet was on display at Mankind Collective for a year!! If anyone out there wants me to build a custom one Direct message me!!

Boleman

COB pic

COB pic

Does this work for a pic?

Attachments

• EDAC5465-88C3-4AD1-8198-D132B71AB665.jpg
    EDAC5465-88C3-4AD1-8198-D132B71AB665.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 30

Boleman

Not enough air in the water

Not enough air in the water

Today I noticed my leaves dying from the bottom up. yellow starting at the tip of the leaf and moving it's way to the stem, where the leaf dies. I opened up the sump and the bottom of the box. I added 4 more bubble wands (total of 8). I also drilled holes in the floor and sub floor to allow the fan at the top to draw air into the cab from the bottom of the cab.

Question for you ICMagheads:

Do you think increasing airflow in my water and in my cabinet will make these six plants live?

Only time will Tell!!

Attachments

• 7528E9FB-8793-43AC-841E-C76AE9E16BDA.jpg
    7528E9FB-8793-43AC-841E-C76AE9E16BDA.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Boleman

Help please!?!?!!!

Help please!?!?!!!

I have changed the cab over from halogen to COB led. I put 4 50w full spectrum chips above the plants. I think it is too much light, all my plants are dead before they made roots.

is 1200 lumens too much for cloning?!?

water is cool.

Air circulation is adequate

I will try to add more pics later today.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You don't need much light for cloning. The area I use to root clones is about 1' x 1.5'. I only have a single 13w 6500k cfl in there for lighting.

4 x 50w chips sounds like it would put out a lot more than 1200 lumens. A 50w chip only puts out 300 lumens?

Boleman

Thank you, Blynx

Thank you, Blynx

You don't need much light for cloning. The area I use to root clones is about 1' x 1.5'. I only have a single 13w 6500k cfl in there for lighting.

4 x 50w chips sounds like it would put out a lot more than 1200 lumens. A 50w chip only puts out 300 lumens?

I am not sure. I may have that wrong. the lights are only 15" above the plants. The clones are dry enough to smoke! Ok, round 2, less wattage and a dimmer, I think!

What do you think?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea I'd go with less wattage. Dimmer is a good idea if it will work with the LEDs you are using.

Latest posts

Latest posts