What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"NYH" New York Haze(Piff)

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
Don't worry, I'll do all the work. I'm gonna find me a sick mother, and keep a vigourous male so I can do A REAL Uptown haze backcross. I'm going to call the strain that she bears, "PIFF". There will be many seeds...

You need to fall back. Every post on this thread you are trying to bogard someone else. This isnt the Thread for it. btw Im growing "REAL" Uptown Haze Original Genetics.

Thanks for tuning in reguardless. Update soon...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Mr.Tristate said:
You need to fall back. Every post on this thread you are trying to bogard someone else. This isnt the Thread for it. btw Im growing "REAL" Uptown Haze Original Genetics.

Thanks for tuning in reguardless. Update soon...
LOL. Ok. Peace out! Good luck.
Edit: I believe it's bogart. And you know 1/2 of what you think you know about haze. SO FALL BACK.

Last edited:
G

Gratephul4THC

What up just searching around and found this thread and wanted to put my 2 cents in. I have been smoking legit "piff" for about 6-7 years now and even though it's usually never cured right i love it. batches always look different but the taste, smell, and high are always the same. Only once in my 6-7 years of smoking the piff have i seen a batch that was perfectly grown and cured. It is till this day one of the 3 best smokes i ever had. The other two being a NYCD and Ak-47. My buddy threw my some beans that he got in a seedy batch of the piff and let me tell you i now know why they sell it for 450 a zip, its a pain in the butt to grow and it takes for ever with not much yield, but the high is amazing. If you can get the real "piff" i would recommend using it as your Sunday bud smoke.

-ONE

L

Lune TNS

ARTofMAKINGfire said:
bigherb- If you are not VERY ACCLIMATED TO NYC and KNOW WHERE DO GET REAL BLOCK HAZE, YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT DIFFERERNT WEED. Whoever posted this "that shit on Vermilia between 01-05" KNOWS what I'm talking about. Sorry man, no incense, no LACING (with product that is WORTH more than weed!), no mold. This weed is just a SICK haze and it is always the same. If you can't smell the haze in the air, it AIN'T HAZE!
Lune - Fu*k putting them up on Seedbay. I would NEVER put it out there like that, though you're probably right. I get that money 10 other ways...
But there will be plenty for everyone.... ;)

Ya don't have to be from NYC to have smoked piff bro, I've bought sacs of it in conn, ri and up in boston, AND in NYC. It's all over the north east. Although you're right about the rest of it, always the same weed. I'm pretty sure that the hazy smell you're talking about is the same as the churchy smell every else is, people call haze/piff/etc "church" for a reason......cuz when you burn it it gives off an inscense funk....

bigherb

Veteran
artofmaking fire ur a perfect example of hatin .u prob get robbed in the heights.to me its sounds like u have no idea bout haze look up its history .think before u tlk.peace n happy tokin

Budsmith

Lune TNS said:
Ya don't have to be from NYC to have smoked piff bro, I've bought sacs of it in conn, ri and up in boston, AND in NYC. It's all over the north east. Although you're right about the rest of it, always the same weed. I'm pretty sure that the hazy smell you're talking about is the same as the churchy smell every else is, people call haze/piff/etc "church" for a reason......cuz when you burn it it gives off an inscense funk....

Yeah u definitely don't have to be from NYC to smoke piff..... I'm from NC and I've seen qp's... smoked qp's.... of the piff.
:joint:

PDO

ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW

ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW

YOU DO HAVE TO BE FROM NYC TO SPEAK ON IT, THIS MUCH IS EVIDENT FROM MOST OF THE POST HERE!!!! you got your piff which is just that SHIT, you got your haze or wannabe haze which everybody is looking for and you got bud which is everything else. haze 20's are .8's dimes are .4's. harlem got this thing now they sell 15's. i aint even gonna speak on where the bud is coming from or how it getting to nyc cause thats some snitchin shit TRUESTORY!!!!

The story that the weed is getting laced is bs, that shit happened back in the day when shit was comming from over seas. if you gonna speak on it know what your talking about please i get offended by ignorance.

just a lil heads up if you got seeds in your greens then you aint got the real piff/haze. if i had to describe the best ive tasted recently, it was some smelly shit, soon as you took it out the bag it engulfed the whole room with a sweet kind of earthy smell, the taste was of a sweet peppery mint with earthy undertones, the shit was potent 2 pulls and you were good. it had a motivational head high with a nice relaxing comedown.

philly is right you got fakes/beasters claiming to be piff/haze it depends on who you know, shit they got some banging as weed for mid prices.

PDO = A BRAVE NAM VET

tkayone

your mixing up 2 diff strains, theres uptown haze which has a distinct smell. and theres str8 crack which is just grown with some next lvl shit that is a bit more then weed. both can be found in brooklyn as far as i know.

Nawshis

I was born and raised in NJ... Lived in the Heights for a long time.... 156th between Riverside and Broad was my stomping grounds. I frequent the Heights alot.. I have smoked almost any and every "hotness" that has been in NYC circulation...

One thing that is CERTAIN.. Piff is just a term for "Good weed" - it is not a strain... Maybe some commercial grower shuffled some mom and pop genetics and kept a good cut and this is what trickled down through BRANSON or whoever, whatever lol...

Either way..... your average bodega, health food store, juice bar or clown on the corner is going to push you whatever they have in stash and they are going to let you know they have the "PIFF" ... some 10 odd years ago it was the "RAW" ... it could be Haze, it could be Sour. Point is the average dude doesn't even know what HE is selling you.

Just grow it out and hope it is a killer keeper.... no matter what.. even if it's a haze predom and indica hyb. or vice versa... if it's that killer, u won't be disappointed. lol

bigherb

Veteran
nawshis
wats good brotha nice to see a cat fom around the way on this thread most peeps sound like they really dont know wats up.sooo you know about that church aka frankies . thats the truth everybody up there tell u i got that fire i got that crack but they get it off reguardless. its like window shoppin in the dam blocks of som sweet n u got ur pic.my strip is 181 to 191 st nics. duuu's only started sayin piff or how bout piffington aka w.h. haze som years bac i hate that word. but wats this branson you speak of it sound like someone your refering too.but i ask caz i heard bout som branson bac in the day that was crack.

much more too tlk bout wish this thread took another turn n kept goin.where the nyn at?

Last edited:

Nawshis

bigherb said:
nawshis
wats good brotha nice to see a cat fom around the way on this thread most peeps sound like they really dont know wats up.sooo you know about that church aka frankies . thats the truth everybody up there tell u i got that fire i got that crack but they get it off reguardless. its like window shoppin in the dam blocks of som sweet n u got ur pic.my strip is 181 to 191 st nics. duuu's only started sayin piff or how bout piffington aka w.h. haze som years bac i hate that word. but wats this branson you speak of it sound like someone your refering too.but i ask caz i heard bout som branson bac in the day that was crack.

much more too tlk bout wish this thread took another turn n kept goin.where the nyn at?

yea I love that uptown post weed. u could get it from 160 all the way up to Dyckman.

Branson was the weed lord in NYC.... he is legend..he supplied most of the raw weed and also alot of the jamaican yard junk in the gates all over NYC...

but yea... everybody around the way "GOT THAT PIFFINGTON!!" "Whats GOODINGTON - Got that GOODY - this aint ya regular regular"

not many cats that distribute the shit are at the grower level so they dont know any better... And honestly, I can look at some bagweed and tell what its genetics are somewhat.. but not many will be able to tell you exactly what it is..

Strains have become folklore more then anything... people forget you cannot CREATE genetics, they can only be mixed around until a certain expression comes to surface.

And somebody noted that alot of cats (im sure you know) sell the weed uncured. Because again, money is king and wet (sticky, dank) weed weighs more - more weight = more money.

Simple as that..

Nawshis said:
I was born and raised in NJ... Lived in the Heights for a long time.... 156th between Riverside and Broad was my stomping grounds. I frequent the Heights alot.. I have smoked almost any and every "hotness" that has been in NYC circulation...

One thing that is CERTAIN.. Piff is just a term for "Good weed" - it is not a strain... Maybe some commercial grower shuffled some mom and pop genetics and kept a good cut and this is what trickled down through BRANSON or whoever, whatever lol...

Either way..... your average bodega, health food store, juice bar or clown on the corner is going to push you whatever they have in stash and they are going to let you know they have the "PIFF" ... some 10 odd years ago it was the "RAW" ... it could be Haze, it could be Sour. Point is the average dude doesn't even know what HE is selling you.

Just grow it out and hope it is a killer keeper.... no matter what.. even if it's a haze predom and indica hyb. or vice versa... if it's that killer, u won't be disappointed. lol

I am not trying to start a pissing match bro but Piff is much more than a term for good herb uptown. Come on only a fool would call Sour D - the Piff especially not on the block, Uptown Piff =extremely special Haze! of course everyone is going to say they have it that is a simple business sales tactic. It really all comes down to respect and how you roll and who you know , Yes Branson Herb was the folklore of the mid 90's and had many stories regarding the authenticity of Branson herb. The Piff is no legend, and Yes I understand you lived in the Heights, but I worked in the Heights mid 90's early turn of century no disrespect but I have seen over 50 different types of Uptown Haze most are trash while some are decent the Piff is hard to find and usually cost more, usually most that have the Hazes in WORK are dealing with at least 3 different hazes or more with the Piff being the top shelf work. Just like the Dreds on St Nick with the reg depending on how they gauge you, determines what you get anything from grass/lettuce to garbage reg to decent middies to Yard weed just depends on the individual. Uptown operates like a finely tuned engine their is not much respect for the unknown or for the new only thing that garners respect is $$ combined with muscle otherwise to be frank you will get shafted. That is why most people have such bad thoughts or stories about uptown haze/Piff, they got the classic uptown two step hustled

G

NEW YORK it is what it is..if you had true piff then you know you had true piff..me being a person who never smoke crack or put any coke in my nose anything in my arms...the piff i know and love that a lil nug will light up a whole room and having everybody no matter if they smoke or dont smoke asking whats that.. was not lace with anything...if you had a p or 2 of piff and no matter how many time it was wrap or sealed you can still smell it in car ....

RE: one race has door open for dam never everything and then a few other races get the door open on something..then it no such thing it just made up a trem use to sell..that how it been for years if we cant get our hands on it to controll it then lets ban it..it no such thing..dont get me wrong somebody going to say they have good piff when they really got bad piff.but there is piff.and u dont be made at him he's a sell man..if u dont know what your looking at and buying...then shame on you.......you have how many years in this 5,10,15..u should know something aint right...right away or if its right!!

Last edited:

Nawshis

PhillyPride said:
I am not trying to start a pissing match bro but Piff is much more than a term for good herb uptown. Come on only a fool would call Sour D - the Piff especially not on the block, Uptown Piff =extremely special Haze! of course everyone is going to say they have it that is a simple business sales tactic. It really all comes down to respect and how you roll and who you know , Yes Branson Herb was the folklore of the mid 90's and had many stories regarding the authenticity of Branson herb. The Piff is no legend, and Yes I understand you lived in the Heights, but I worked in the Heights mid 90's early turn of century no disrespect but I have seen over 50 different types of Uptown Haze most are trash while some are decent the Piff is hard to find and usually cost more, usually most that have the Hazes in WORK are dealing with at least 3 different hazes or more with the Piff being the top shelf work. Just like the Dreds on St Nick with the reg depending on how they gauge you, determines what you get anything from grass/lettuce to garbage reg to decent middies to Yard weed just depends on the individual. Uptown operates like a finely tuned engine their is not much respect for the unknown or for the new only thing that garners respect is $$ combined with muscle otherwise to be frank you will get shafted. That is why most people have such bad thoughts or stories about uptown haze/Piff, they got the classic uptown two step hustled

Point I was trying to make is... EVERYBODY uptown or anywhere in nyc is going to tell you "I got that PIFF".... You and I would know better. But most don't...

And Piff is not a strain... its just a generic term.... Cats uptown still say they got "Dro"...

G

BUD, NUGS,MARY JANE, CANNABIS,WEED ,all over the world it known as different names but we all know it to be marijuana...

so to say piff is not a from of marijuana let me help you out

haze on the street could mean one of two things....piff,piffiy,hazie day outside

so keep that in your head when you going to buy next time you mite not get beat as bad..because you going to get beat...lol :spank: :spank:

new york it is what it is
new york where outter towner get got like every day

Last edited:

Nawshis

there is no PIFF HAZE..... its HAZE, period!

If you got some bangin Haze, and you sell it as "PIFF" - nobody is going to tell you it is not PIFF. Cuz it IS....

Uptown - they have Sour D and they call it PIFF!

Nawshis said:
there is no PIFF HAZE..... its HAZE, period!

If you got some bangin Haze, and you sell it as "PIFF" - nobody is going to tell you it is not PIFF. Cuz it IS....

Uptown - they have Sour D and they call it PIFF!

Nawshis I understand most of what you speak but I believe we speaking of the same topic just in different languages, NOW you are %100 correct their is no such strain as PIFF, Piff is an adoring term used for exemplary done haze, which most of are superior haze crosses such as the Orange Haze (big bud x ? Heirloom Haze) the White Haze (White Family x Heirloom Haze), the Chocolate/Black Haze (Chocolate Ty x Heirloom Haze) the Purple Haze (which is different than the old school Purple Haze I have been told), the Green Haze, these are all undoubtedly crosses that are expertly done, and within all of these variations you will find schwaggy :badday: versions that are a 3 on the overall scale and Piffy :rasta: (Best) versions/Phenos which would be the level 10 :jump: .

Now I speak of work in terms of QPs and UP and that has to be handled by someone a little higher than a block lieutenant, when dealing in WORK Sour Diesel is never confused or spoken as Pif two completely different ends of the spectrum. Yes corner boys selling $10 $20 will call the herb anything to pitch it, but best believe their is a Poppi in the cut that allways has that serious work but only if you are looking for work, capeche. So like I said bro I believe we can either agree to disagree or we are saying the same thing just in different languages. :rasta:

Now I have been around alot of different herbs and smoked many of the best ie (SFV OG Kush, Pure Kush, Bubba Kush, Cindy 99, Manatuska thunderfuck, Purple Urkle, Blockhead, Sour Diesel, the Crippy, Pakalolo, AK 47, Kali Mist, Original Blueberry, Acapolco Gold, California Orange, Original Bubblegum, White family, G-13 ) just to name a few and I probably have left alot out but let me be honest NONE is better than "PIFF" HAZE :wave:

THC•20

So piff is used as a term to refer to a haze strain regardless to what haze it is? I have some Original Haze x Skunk 1 going right now. All the talk I heard about haze I had to try em. To think one of these days I'm finally gonna smoke some homegrown haze :).

Latest posts

Latest posts