What's new

NYCD x SD IBL

D

dramamine

XXX SOUR

XXX SOUR

Here's a real freak. Spot-on, same crazy rhubarb-grape-grapefruit smell of the NYCD mom, but look at the size of these....huge, rock-hard clusters. The yield is going to be something ridiculous. Once again, mostly dark purple to black coloring on most leaves, beginning about halfway through flower. All phenos run as clones have shown this same color, with some almost completely black.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

jackpot7

that pheno looks amazing! so how many of the nycd x sd seeds have you gone thru... do you have a fav pheno yet? and thanks again for blessings everyone with these seeds!

D

dramamine

Hey jackpot, I haven't gone through big numbers yet. I popped 20 or so beans initially, and I truly didn't find any losers at all. The goal of the cross was to be able to find the flavor of the NYCD, and to bring up the head on that narco affy stone with the Sour D. That plant in post 35 nailed both those traits...no doubt about it.

JOJO420

Veteran
WOW, just WOW. Nice lookin plants man, congrats on a successful cross. I have a NYCD x Bubblelicious seed line im gonna work just cause of this thread :)

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Hey Dramamine ....looking really nice!...just wondering when you say "The yield is going to be something ridiculous"...what sort of yields have you been getting and expecting from this one?...what medium are you using again?

still have 5 little ones here(in soil)....looking ok...been having problems with all my seedling with ph...got some ph down...still need to get my hands on a ph meter to get things spot on(using ph drops tester thing)and need to get my tent set up to get a better environment....pot them up when the time is right...clone off them ....and put them into my favorite grow method = perlite hydro ...HH. =]-~

D

dramamine

HH,
That plant was the biggest yielder on the seed run...just under 6 oz. This run it'll be well over that. She was all heavy, top buds...just crazy huge knobs.

I grow everything in coco, no amendments. Been using Jack's Hydroponic for a while now, Canna before that. These are big eaters, in comparison to other strains. They love and demand a lot of magnesium, same as a lot of diesels. Epsom salts are easy to add or foliar feed.

Hope you get that ph thing fixed up. Those drops can be tricky, tryna tell just what color you're seeing. The meters make life a lot easier. I got one of the waterproof bluelab pens a couple months ago and it's been right on the money every time I've checked the calibration. I got sick of buying the really cheap ones.
-D

D

dramamine

WOW, just WOW. Nice lookin plants man, congrats on a successful cross. I have a NYCD x Bubblelicious seed line im gonna work just cause of this thread :)

Thanks JOJO420! Sounds like some tasty things ahead for you. Best luck!

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey there dramamine. Requested some of your freebies with my recent purchase of some Dr. Penthatol beans.
Hopefully I'll get lucky and get some(if they are still avail)
Thanks for sending them in.

D

dramamine

Third, there should be plenty left, I think. Nice choice on Dr. Penthotal's gear...sure to be fire in there.

dieselrella nycd+c99

dieselrella nycd+c99

iv got some goin right now two phenos both look grate any tips , pics are grate keep up the hard work

D

dramamine

A lemon-diesel pheno with a nice yield...well done at day 67. Smokes much like the SD IBL...bangs you right in the head and kicks your legs out from under you.
picture.php

picture.php

D

dramamine

iv got some goin right now two phenos both look grate any tips , pics are grate keep up the hard work

Never heard much about that cross, but a lot would depend on the particular NYCD pheno used. Her C99 male is a winner, though, and usually dominates crosses...I can say that much. Should be a resin fest!

D

dramamine

picture.php
I had an extra little space, so I ran my first scrog under about 250 watts of cfl spirals, single clone of the XXX Sour pheno. Gonna do alright for the first try, I think. We'll see. Almost to the big swell stage, around 50 days here.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also, I found a great looking male in the Hadron outcross, which is (NYCD x SD) x (SSH x NLA). I couldn't resist making a few BX beans...so these'll be (NYCD x SD) x {(NYCD x SD) x (SSH x NLA)}. Very vigorous sticky male with whiffs of the sour grapefruit and tropical fruit.
picture.php

It's all about the flavor...and well the high! Just lovin it in here dramamama!! Keepin peace homie

D

dramamine

Thanks Crave...right on both counts....the sour won't be denied. Feels kinda dirty growing horizontally, but kinda fun too...had me running in the room to raise the lights all the time. Old school!

jochen_45

Veteran
Nycd x Sd ibl...

Nycd x Sd ibl...

Hello dramamine,
Thanks for making those seeds and giving them back to the community. It is a special cross and a Nycd-mom from 2003
is always interesting for me, because of the flavour and the potence, which has changed for the nycd. She looked so wild
and nice at the end of the vegetation, that I had to transplant her in a 7 ltr. pot and to keep her. I hope for some good
rhubarb taste and a 50/50 hybrid, but a little bit more body from the indica would be very fine, too, lets see what kind of
plant it will be.
Thanks a lot again for your work and sharing it!

Nycd xSour Diesel ibl

picture.php

picture.php

See you next time...

D

dramamine

I like the look of that girl, Jochen. The leaves look a lot like the pheno I've been keeping around, the XXX Sour in the scrog pics above. The leaves are more elongated and thin like yours, and she even shows the little bit of mag def in that same way. If you give her a pinch of epsom salts, that should clear up. She has a little sharper serration than my keeper, which nods to the NYCD mom, but looks to be a really nice mixed pheno. Thanks for showing the pics. I'd love to see more as she goes. Have you flipped her into flower yet?

They do real well when pinched and/or topped, if you're looking for more tops....but it depends on your setup, of course. Nice work.

jochen_45

Veteran
Hello Dramamine,
Thanks a lot for your fast answer and it is good to hear that you like her look, that was the reason,
why I didn`t gave her away. I had four of them and the other three looked so much like the sour diesel,
that I gave them to a friend. I have a wonderful sour diesel and was interested in finding a nycd pheno
with the special nycd taste and a nice mix of your parents, I like it, when she also has some body to relax.
And of course I had a look at the wonderful pictures of your plants and can only say wow, what great colours
and a fine work, of course I also hope for such a colourfull pheno.
So when you like my plant and would be interested to follow her growth, it would be a good thing to show
her here, she is the only one I have and so she also gets her little place, where she can show her beauty,
as long as you want her. I have flipped her, at the picture she is 7 days in flower, today 10 days. I didn`t
top her, because I wanted to see her "normal" growth and I thought a short time about mutations, but that
wasn`t right. Btw thanks a lot for your advice with the epsom salt, I will try it, of course. But all in all she
was a little bit small and that was my main reason not to top her, but it is good to know that, because I try
to safe a few clones and those I will top like all others, depending only on how much place is in my box, but
that is another situation.
Ok, when I do my next pictures, I will think at the nycd x sd ibl and show her here.
Until then have a good time and enjoy it....:joint: