What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD origin other than Soma?

medeagle

I have almost exclusively grown chems diesels and ogs since I started 3 years ago and I am certain from my experience with a pack of nycd that they are not related. pack states its a Mexican sativa x afghani and it def reminds me of the Mexican sativas I grew up smoking. I have heard that Soma lost the nycd parent clone to a bust before he moved to Spain but current seedstock is supposedly made from selections within the stock he had left so its not like it changed. The real deal diesel and ecsd are def all over NY both the city and upstate that is where I first ran into and fell in love with it. Supposedly chem took the clone there and people started calling it nycd. U probly have a diesel cross IMHO and I personally would be happier it is the more powerful of the two from my experiences. The truth is that there is a lot of bs and hearsay aned what I have said is what I personally choose to believe after doing quite a bit of research and growing in this family.

from the sour homeless shelter

from the sour homeless shelter

all are welcome to enter, but only 3 have remained...once again, introducing:

soma nycd

picture.php

chemdd

picture.php

ecsd

picture.php

75-85 days.

medeagle

craven that nycd looks very different from any other I have seen. Maybe it really did change after he losst the clone? I def admit that is a very diesel dom bud structure on your pheno..... What does she taste like in comparison with your ecsd cloan?

craven that nycd looks very different from any other I have seen. Maybe it really did change after he losst the clone? I def admit that is a very diesel dom bud structure on your pheno..... What does she taste like in comparison with your ecsd cloan?

i agree this old nycd is special too, it has little to no grapefruit, its very sour leaning and super skunky. short lived buzz? lasts longer than my erection...

ecsd has more diesel, more fuel aroma. im in the honeymoon phase with her, my 1st harvest was just recently. its extremely tasty and stinky marijuana. worthy of praise.

also had my hands on detroit diesel, a skinny sativa that didnt swell like the real sour. super frosty, and a grapefruit zest, i'd suspect this to be a more recent soma nycd. i politely asked her to leave my garden, here is her detroit mugshot :

picture.php

stay sour fellas

medeagle

Thanks yeah that looks like the current nycd to me in that last pic I had a grapefruit pheno... Also had the lemon fuel pheno which is better yeilder but its still not the real sour. I envy your ecsd clone I can only dream of clone onlys and buy seed approximations

daheadies

poppin' outta control
possibly the daywrecker/underdawg? it's the original diesel(mss x nl x chem 91),what the original ecsd clone came from(ecsd is:dnl(shiva x nl?) x underdawg diesel).it was held pretty close by chemdog(or so i've heard) and to this day is a hard cut to source though it is out there.pure diesel flavor and a killer buzz and true breeding for the diesel flavor from what i've heard.from what you say the breeder told you i'd put my money on that one being the momma.i have wanted that clone badly for a few years now,still hasn't came around my way:cry:soma's nycd is supposedly from some seeds a guy gave him and told him it was the best weed he'd ever smoked or so the seed desription used to read

I have almost exclusively grown chems diesels and ogs since I started 3 years ago and I am certain from my experience with a pack of nycd that they are not related. pack states its a Mexican sativa x afghani and it def reminds me of the Mexican sativas I grew up smoking. I have heard that Soma lost the nycd parent clone to a bust before he moved to Spain but current seedstock is supposedly made from selections within the stock he had left so its not like it changed. The real deal diesel and ecsd are def all over NY both the city and upstate that is where I first ran into and fell in love with it. Supposedly chem took the clone there and people started calling it nycd. U probly have a diesel cross IMHO and I personally would be happier it is the more powerful of the two from my experiences. The truth is that there is a lot of bs and hearsay aned what I have said is what I personally choose to believe after doing quite a bit of research and growing in this family.

Thanks for these response in particular.. Maybe mine is one of these..

Thank you EVERYONE for your responses!!! I got that family tree from I dunno where, saved it about 6 months ago.. so i guess not that reliable.. but still.. somethin to build off of I guess..

If anyone else has info on what my NYCD could be comprised of or the story behind it plz post.. Ill post back when I talk to my buddy who used this NYCD to cross and see if i can clarify the situation at all.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
i agree the old nycd is special too, it has little to no grapefruit, its very sour leaning and super skunky. short lived buzz? lasts longer than my erection...

Not sure , are we to take that as an endorsment ?

Or should expect the mimimum ?

lol
;)
mexi sativa x afghani/hawaian...

daheadies

poppin' outta control
K everyone, got a little more info about the specific NYCD I have.. Now if you guys can just help me "label" exactly which NYCD it is.,, Is it Rez's NYCD or is there some other name for the NYCD I have?

The story goes- (gotten from the original breeder of my Blue Diesel)
"My older friend drove it out from new york, albany area. He was doing this since the early 90's.. He was told it was the REAL DEAL NYCD, which was a original cross of the chemdog brought out from colorado.

So, anyone wanna put a label on my NYCD???

W

wiseone

Unfortunately we'll never know the truth behind a number of genetics of our favorite 'strains'. To much $$$ and to many ego's have become involved now days and everyone wants a piece of the fame.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
I know the truth might not be found, but anybody have some info/ know anything about which NYCD mine could be???

K everyone, got a little more info about the specific NYCD I have.. Now if you guys can just help me "label" exactly which NYCD it is.,, Is it Rez's NYCD or is there some other name for the NYCD I have?

"My older friend drove it out from new york, albany area. He was doing this since the early 90's.. He was told it was the REAL DEAL NYCD, which was a original cross of the chemdog brought out from colorado.

BongRipkenJR.

NYCD is just chemdawg renamed. I dont want to go into all of it, but some seeds were found in a bag of chronic at a Grateful Dead show in 91 and thats how chemdawg came about. The Chem was taken to new york where it was renamed "diesel". Later Massachusetts Super Skunk was crossed into the Diesel making 'Sour Diesel'. Soma's NYC diesel is nothing like regular diesel. He just copied the name to make money off an elite clones status and the fact that only people in NYC as well as California and a few other places where they had the bud would know the difference. If you want to find out, just search "Chemdawg" and there you will find the origins.

Rez also uses Chemdawg and Sour Diesel in his shit I am pretty sure. Not Soma's

daheadies

poppin' outta control
NYCD is just chemdawg renamed. I dont want to go into all of it, but some seeds were found in a bag of chronic at a Grateful Dead show in 91 and thats how chemdawg came about. The Chem was taken to new york where it was renamed "diesel". Later Massachusetts Super Skunk was crossed into the Diesel making 'Sour Diesel'. Soma's NYC diesel is nothing like regular diesel. He just copied the name to make money off an elite clones status and the fact that only people in NYC as well as California and a few other places where they had the bud would know the difference. If you want to find out, just search "Chemdawg" and there you will find the origins.

Rez also uses Chemdawg and Sour Diesel in his shit I am pretty sure. Not Soma's

Woohoo! this finally makes sense! I knew that chemdog was renamed diesel in NY, but thought it was renamed to straight up diesel, but it makes sense how when the "diesel" moved outta NY, then it got named NYC "diesel".. I just thought since it was NYCD and not just diesel, maybe it was a cross...

daheadies

poppin' outta control
Lol this is funny though, if ChemD made its way to NY from CO, got renamed NYCD, and then got delivered back to CO w/ a new name but same genetics...

Its possible and probable, but I'm still wondering if my NYCD is possibly a cross.. I just dont understand y this guy would have traveled out to NY to bring this clone BACK to CO, but its possible..

BongRipkenJR.

Lol this is funny though, if ChemD made its way to NY from CO, got renamed NYCD, and then got delivered back to CO w/ a new name but same genetics...

Its possible and probable, but I'm still wondering if my NYCD is possibly a cross.. I just dont understand y this guy would have traveled out to NY to bring this clone BACK to CO, but its possible..

The whole story is a long one with lots of detail. I am overlooking a lot! Just search the "Chemdawg Origins" and read all the stories and look for similarities.

G

Graham Purwatt

quote from the chemdawg 101 thread by high&lonesome:
'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

here the thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60048&highlight=chem+101

mintz

just a guess,headband or daywrecker ,diesel#1 ?!

Latest posts

Latest posts