What's new

NY Purple Haze

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well heres some new haze im smokin on all "hardmode" sativa and electric high staight haze flavor with a slight fruit backing i cant quite name yet

I remember this stuff stoney, but had no idea where it came from, but now I know. It was super head stash awesome. Enhanced colors and energized me and mellowed me. I like it more than my ziggy by far. I am telling you man that Adam's haze just made my day when I smoked it. thanks man!!!!

6a00d83451b46869e200e55205ebd38833-640wi.jpeg

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
What Im growing now is from Australia. Nevil sent me three crosses of his new Grail Haze line. Its not officially on the market yet.They are Nevilles Haze 23 x Kariba
Nevilles Haze 35 x Oaxacan (04)
Nevilles Haze 21 x Mullimbimby Madness

The Oaxacan plant has beautiful pink leaf stems. I think it may show some color in the buds in fall/winter.

The Nevilles Haze seeds he used were the very old F1s he had from before the 2004 bust. He feels this may be some of his best work ever. Most people dont know whats going on. They will figure it out when picture start coming out of the plants.

He told me it is likely I will find the Insence (frankies) in the Kariba cross. The Mullimbimby madness cross was made using a short flowering MM mother. Its supposed to be a very electric high. Super potent. The Oaxacan cross is supposed to be an up euphoric bright high with wonderful smooth sweet flavor.

Hopefully some of these crosses will make it to NY, and elsewhere, so others can try it as well.
DP

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Just saw an official cross of the NY Haze up for sale at another site. Not a fan of the man offering it but if it's legit than none of that matters :ying:

ManyManySpliffs

Oh yeah, miss that old Purple Haze. The best stuff was around back in the 90's. We had it all over the Bronx, but it was probably coming from Harlem.. and the purple haze was never purple. That always used to bug me about the name. That was back before I knew how to grow or much else about weed for that matter, besides other than to roll it and smoke it..

you guys are blessed in my neck of the woods its next to impossible to score commercial hazes there is simply no market for it.

_Haste_

this might answer your question.. as far as haze goes in NYC i think we can all agree that it all comes from uptown and that there are a lot of different cuts of it.. in the city that never sleeps new yorkers like there sativa.. there are still plenty of people that deal exclusively in haze.. but unfortunately sour diesel is becoming what haze used to be to new york.

_Haste_

this might answer your question.. as far as haze goes in NYC i think we can all agree that it all comes from uptown and that there are a lot of different cuts of it.. in the city that never sleeps new yorkers like there sativa.. there are still plenty of people that deal exclusively in haze.. but unfortunately sour diesel is becoming what haze used to be to new york.

oops.. meant to post this link... http://gothamist.com/2006/12/18/the_most_expens.php

The Hatter

Veteran
Purple Haze is one of those legendary strains like Thia Stick. The originals were great, although perhaps not so much so as the the legends they spawned but the names have since been attached to any and every strain imaginable to make it sell better.

A good way to tell if its the real deal is to just look at the bud. If it looks like big chunky boulders of resin coated goodness, you don't have real purple haze which has absolutely no indica in it. Also, oddly enough real purple haze wasn't always purple.

caligula

lvpk wha?!

Why does everyone on icmag mention lvpk when a purple comes up. I'm so baffled by that. It's not even a good purple.

Piff's where it's at. Only one place that carries it online.

DOminican's in NY have the piff in a seedline, multiple ones in fact. most people think it's grown as just a cut, but there is still quite a bit of variance int he piffs/uptown hazes. Everythign from incense and myrrh to mangos/incense.

ELBURRO

Caligula
We, at Ganja Rebel, should be coming out with some crosses with the Black Haze by the end of the year. We are also looking at old school Purple Haze that was making it's way to NY in the past.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lvpk wha?!

Why does everyone on icmag mention lvpk when a purple comes up. I'm so baffled by that. It's not even a good purple.

Piff's where it's at. Only one place that carries it online.

DOminican's in NY have the piff in a seedline, multiple ones in fact. most people think it's grown as just a cut, but there is still quite a bit of variance int he piffs/uptown hazes. Everythign from incense and myrrh to mangos/incense.

Over the years and years, I have grown a lot of strains, and a lot of purple strains including LVPK, which I still grow. Now LVPK is nothing like a haze, but it is one of the best purple strains there is. Hell it is one of the best indicas there is.

I think you just have not a had it grown well.

Last edited:

grod31

Veteran
i live in a half hour from Washington heights and have experienced so many hazes in the last 2 decades.
the uptown haze of 5-10 years ago was by far the best picture perfect examples of haze i have gotten anywhere. in highschool there would be 4 of us on a .4 blunt.
you could locate it being smoked in a room full of people smokng just by following your nose.
i am surprised to see that no one in this thread mentioned the diethyl ether there was a good 5 year range that ether was used to make a "fake haze" the effects/smell was amazingly simallar to a pure sativa.
there was so much of it around that if you picked up haze on the regular from like 03-09 then you deffinatly got it at least once.
some people actually preferred it:greenstars:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
They preferred it cuz it was half price ... That fake haze is what ruined it and made the term piff go from greatness to shit I wouldn't even look at.....
I just wanna say I agree with hz lvpk is nuthin like haze but is one of the best indices ever.... The reason ppl don't love it is the flav is a bit different then what the market wants... It has zero sour absolutely no fuelyness to it... In a sour og world.... Real heads love the hasty kushy coffee greatness... But as far as block work it lacks the smell less educated ppl no as good herb.... If it aint sour they dont want it...I seen ppl take shitty string sour over aaa lvpk cuz of smell.... To each is own but lvpk done right is great herb and just as good as sour og etc etc... I personally lovem all sour in the am haze for lunch og afternoon something else maybe fruity or sweet with dinner and lvpk at night....

paulycali

It's still around. You just gotta hit up the gangsters working the streets. They got the bomb haze still. Other than some silver haze i used to get nothing compares when it comes to haze like the good ole piff. Electric high and a half. Fire in my book. Wish the cut didn't take over 12 weeks to flower or she would be in my stable right now. West coast is garbage for hazes and real deal sour diesel. I miss the east coast haze and sour diesel's. Always so tasty you can't get enough of it. Oh the Cali Og :)

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Any Infos on Oregon Purple Thai clone? This one must be in tight circles too...

This one versus a Black Haze cut could be a good comparison, and a selection to find the perfect "Purple" Haze from seeds between Ace's Old timer Haze, Tom's Haze, Flying Dutchmen's & Seedman's Originals lines would be my own choice.

Peace

medman225

opt and purple haze are two completely different animals bro...
oregon purple thai is an old cross(thats damn near extinct minus a few old heads who keep cut) made by dj short crossing a highland Oaxacan Gold and chocolate thai...
it is the precursor to blueberry and flo
purple haze is supposed to b a phenotype in the original haze line that Iv been told is more fondly referred to as the root beer pheno.
and as for the haze seedlines... many tend to find them lacking and unable to produce what is the high quality piff in nyc.
however, a good standing member here swears up and down he got a cut of mango haze(mr nice) from clone and grew it out and found it to b the closest thing to THE uptown haze in seed form.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Every time I bring up long flowering sativas, people always say "They don't yield and take too long, there's no money in them" or "Yeah, I love growing them for personal use."

I love that these guys are doing it commercially and obviously doing it well. If I'm ever in New York (not likely) this is probably at the top of my list of attractions to take in.

:dance013:

Bryote ugly

my who theory on the ny hazes is this there are many cuts cuz diff blocks had diff work... those in the know who smoked know this... the purphaze wuz 139th very string sativa of green lots of red hairs... 189 aka golden wuz found on autobon 174 164 and wuz gold silver 160 and round 110 area prob the nuggiest and frostiest but least potent ..i remeber back on i think 103 in douglas there was a spot that had the whole variety ... then theres the one we just called punai which was lime green fire... and to make the record clear they all called piff at some point piff is a generic word and all have the church insence smell just slightly diff in appearance slight smell variation purple being floral siver is pine gold wuz a combo with leather and potency was great on all these... they all were fire back then... 95-03 now its all sour and kush a real good haze is hard to find on the block its all this stringy shit that goes around lately has the incense smell but also just headache weed imo im frequent in nyc and always stop visit and look for some good haze... now i got my own and it does the trick but still scour around the city for a bag of 98 haze that i really think dont exist nemore as it used to be... or maybe im just rememberin good ol days better then they were i tend to do that ... never gonna find a blueberry like the 1rst plant i grew even though by my standards now she would prob be sub par but in my mynd she number 1 lol peace guys ...
ps i didnt even mention the haze that wuz floatin round dirty jerz the same time in the bricks irvington and jc they also had there own versions (redline) along with alot of the ny shit goin around out there mostly the 189...
hey biohazzard or neone else who knows bout this shit ... NEONE REMEMBER PEPP little bricks mang red and meth were all up on that shit back then...

STONEY,

damn bro I know it's a little late for a reply (only a year..lol), but me and my boy talk about that Redline ALL THE TIME:woohoo:... haven't seen it in years but miss the hell out of it... Been trying to figure out for yrs where i could get a cut.. or beans.. no one ever knows what Redline is:tumbleweed:.. I feel like i'm lookin for Big Foot..lol
You have any thoughts on what that good ol' Redline could have been?? Genetically?? Peace bro.. and thnx for bringin up some Fire that no one knows about

Bryote