What's new

Nutrients for ProMix and LED's

@peace

They look pretty happy @Three Berries, I will see if I can source any affordable Langbeinite near me.

I should update this thread, I went with more GH last summer and started adding dolomitic lime and gypsum to the promix whenever I transplant beyond solo cups. I have done a couple of runs under the LED with that and it seemed to work well for controlling the calcium deficiency/ pH issue I was having.

@peace

For extra phos I add high P guano when I transplant. I had not heard of aragonite before, it looks like a good calcium product. Thanks for the suggestion.

jackspratt61

For extra phos I add high P guano when I transplant. I had not heard of aragonite before, it looks like a good calcium product. Thanks for the suggestion.
Calcium and phosphorus sources have different responses in media and plant. For media ammendment I'd go with Edenbluegold soft rock phosphate and aragonite @ approximately $2 per pound landed. They have COA's on their products. Many organic products are loaded with sodium,aluminum and other excesses. Buyer beware.

Tynehead Tom

They look pretty happy @Three Berries, I will see if I can source any affordable Langbeinite near me.

I should update this thread, I went with more GH last summer and started adding dolomitic lime and gypsum to the promix whenever I transplant beyond solo cups. I have done a couple of runs under the LED with that and it seemed to work well for controlling the calcium deficiency/ pH issue I was having.

yes..... Gypsum and Dolomite..... good stuff. I also run General Hydro but might b making a switch due to GH no longer wanting to supply Canada (thx Justine turdeau you dumb fuck)

I don't have much luck using promix products and instead I use sunshine mix 4 soilless mix. Been old faithful for 30+ years and every time i have used promix as an alternative to sunshine 4..... my plants seem to suffer.

So.... I add about a cup of Canadian Gypsum products Granulated Agriculture Gypsum and about 1/2 that of Dolopril , to an 18gallon tote of dry soil. Then I wet that soil out with feed mixed at 8ml Flora Micro / 16ml Flora Bloom PH 6.8.
inputs to the plants be they waterings or feedings are always PH to 6.8 except the last few weeks of flower when I drop to 6.3
I very rarely have to supplement anything as long as I keep that input PH at 6.8

@peace

yes..... Gypsum and Dolomite..... good stuff. I also run General Hydro but might b making a switch due to GH no longer wanting to supply Canada (thx Justine turdeau you dumb fuck)

I don't have much luck using promix products and instead I use sunshine mix 4 soilless mix. Been old faithful for 30+ years and every time i have used promix as an alternative to sunshine 4..... my plants seem to suffer.

So.... I add about a cup of Canadian Gypsum products Granulated Agriculture Gypsum and about 1/2 that of Dolopril , to an 18gallon tote of dry soil. Then I wet that soil out with feed mixed at 8ml Flora Micro / 16ml Flora Bloom PH 6.8.
inputs to the plants be they waterings or feedings are always PH to 6.8 except the last few weeks of flower when I drop to 6.3
I very rarely have to supplement anything as long as I keep that input PH at 6.8
I am in Canada also, I did not realize that they had plans to stop sales here. I might have to switch after all if they follow through with that.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Cool thread! I've been using ProMix HP CC amended with Worm Castings, rock dusts, Greensand, and organic fertilizer. Then watering with Epsom, and alternating mild natural fertilizer.

Tynehead Tom

outdoor in the greenhouse I use the Tom hill basic recipe for my short light dep season @52N
6 large bags Black Gold bagged soil
1 bale sunshine mix 4 (or Promix HP )
1/3 of a large bag of perlite
1 &1/3 rd bag of 1year composted sheep manure (instead of the chicken in the recipe)(bags are 20 liters)
16&1/2 pounds steamed bonemeal
5 pounds of Gypsum
1&1/2 pounds of Dolopril (dolomite)

That gets me 110 Gallons of soil for each batch that is fed my well water only and produces excellent cannabis.
Yes I have had some strains that needed a boost in mid to late flower but for the most part I don't add "fertilizer"
I do feed Gypsum and molasses mixes near the end on all my plants but for the most part the outdoor stuff is in that water only mix and they thrive.

I dunno but every time I have tried Promix HP soilless mix (white bale) I end up chasing Calcium and Magnesium issues that I do not seem to ever get when I use the Sunshine 4. Has to be something to do with the CEC of these "soilless mixes" and they are not the same.

@peace

outdoor in the greenhouse I use the Tom hill basic recipe for my short light dep season @52N
1 &1/3 rd bag of 1year composted sheep manure (instead of the chicken in the recipe)(bags are 20 liters)
5 pounds of Gypsum

That gets me 110 Gallons of soil for each batch that is fed my well water only and produces excellent cannabis.
Yes I have had some strains that needed a boost in mid to late flower but for the most part I don't add "fertilizer"
I do feed Gypsum and molasses mixes near the end on all my plants but for the most part the outdoor stuff is in that water only mix and they thrive.

I dunno but every time I have tried Promix HP soilless mix (white bale) I end up chasing Calcium and Magnesium issues that I do not seem to ever get when I use the Sunshine 4. Has to be something to do with the CEC of these "soilless mixes" and they are not the same.
This is great information. I don't have an affinity for promix and I see that my local Canadian Tire has some sunshine mix in stock, so I will grab a bale to try out. Thank you.

jackspratt61

5 pounds of Gypsum

Most likely sunshine mix is amended with dolemite.

Tynehead Tom

Most likely sunshine mix is amended with dolemite.
it may be but when I wet it out for use I am amending it with AG gypsum and Dolopril as a matter of habit.
When I have been forced to used Promix HP I amend it and wet it out the same way I amend and wet out sunshine 4. The promix hp does not behave the same way so there must be a difference in CEC

Latest posts

Latest posts