What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutes for a 6 buckets RDWC system

Megas

Well 8 ml micro 16 ml bloom is the full dose for RDWC/hydro applications.. you may want to slice the dosage in half for youngins/clones/seedlings of course, then work your way up to the 8ml micro and 16 ml bloom per gal.. just to clarify :wave:

I plan on running Hempy buckets so I am trying to figure out the right amounts anyways. But I think the Lucas model is great.

faintfuzzies, I'm new to hydro too if your going to go down this route, if this is your complete first grow check out hempy buckets, or for soil pick up some fox farms cause is friggin awesome.

well everyone it took me many months to decide what is my next nute going to be, I have been using advanced micro grow bloom line and i have to say i have been very happy with the way things have been going alittle bit of a pia using so many bottles but it works very well.. I really did not want to find a new nute, i wanted to stay with advanced but it is just so much money for the poor man to handle and yes i am poor for sure . out of work and disabled with a awful spine will make you poor. so i had to decide to change up my nutes and i made a choice after many months of searching , I decided to go with Green leaf nutrients. they offer to give me a bunch of samples so i can do a whole 6 plant grow. thats just awsome . i will keep you all posted on how the grow goes. from the the pictures on thier site they work very well. now i if only can find some good genetics , Im just broke

thanks Green leaf

Faint

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Well 8 ml micro 16 ml bloom is the full dose for RDWC/hydro applications.. you may want to slice the dosage in half for youngins/clones/seedlings of course, then work your way up to the 8ml micro and 16 ml bloom per gal..
Actually....

The strength of your nute solution (when using lucas formulas) depends on your light intensity.

Full strength lighting, plants get full strength nutes, even seedlings and clones, as long as they have 4-5 roots, 4-5" long. Been doing it for 10 years without issues in all kinds of setups.

If your nutrient profile is out of whack (just about any nute that's not profiled like a lucas mix) will cause problems for younger/smaller plants due to excesses of one or more elements int he mix. You'll never be able to apply as much strength before burning as you will with Lucas.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

ajc0k

Actually....

The strength of your nute solution (when using lucas formulas) depends on your light intensity.

Full strength lighting, plants get full strength nutes, even seedlings and clones, as long as they have 4-5 roots, 4-5" long. Been doing it for 10 years without issues in all kinds of setups.

If your nutrient profile is out of whack (just about any nute that's not profiled like a lucas mix) will cause problems for younger/smaller plants due to excesses of one or more elements int he mix. You'll never be able to apply as much strength before burning as you will with Lucas.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:
Interesting.. What do you mean by "full strength lighting"? A distance from bulb to plant that's adequate for mature plants? Or a certain wattage lamp? And so you would put a clone fresh out the bubble cloner with 4-5" roots, directly under a 1000 watt lamp, at a "full strength" distance from the bulb, and give it full strength nutes? feel like the last time i did that long ago,the plants fried from lumen shock and nute burn.. Then again, you've probably grown a lot more plants than i have.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
well everyone it took me many months to decide what is my next nute going to be, I have been using advanced micro grow bloom line and i have to say i have been very happy with the way things have been going alittle bit of a pia using so many bottles but it works very well.. I really did not want to find a new nute, i wanted to stay with advanced but it is just so much money for the poor man to handle and yes i am poor for sure . out of work and disabled with a awful spine will make you poor. so i had to decide to change up my nutes and i made a choice after many months of searching , I decided to go with Green leaf nutrients. they offer to give me a bunch of samples so i can do a whole 6 plant grow. thats just awsome . i will keep you all posted on how the grow goes. from the the pictures on thier site they work very well. now i if only can find some good genetics , Im just broke

thanks Green leaf

Faint

Right on man, I am surprised no one pointed you to the KISS thread, it is about using just Maxibloom powder. I have been using it for several grows in a 6 bucket RDWC with success. You can get a sample pack from House and Garden if you email Rob and request a sample card and it looks like enough to do a full grow. For cheap seeds check out the server fund section of seedbay.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645