What's new

Nursery License - how to get new genetics without facing possession charges

Crazy Chester

Due to the definition of "cannabis" in the state licensing laws - seeds and clones are included.

If genetics may only be acquired by licensed nurseries, how can California not have had its entire genetic library closed shut by the new laws?

How does a nursery acquire genetics that were not in the possession of a licensed nursery when the new licensing laws passed?

I asked this question of the state licensing authorities before the licensing laws went into effect - it was ignored.

Thoughts?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
yeah the nursery biz is going to change with the new 6 clone count limit.

they had the 1st 2 weeks of this new legal year to bring in genetics and give them a tracking number.

after that they will have to come from a seed pop or probably thru renames to be legal.

Kevin Jodrey from Wonderland explains how this will work in this video.
[YOUTUBEIF]t2hFWSI_ZCk[/YOUTUBEIF]

Crazy Chester

Chunkypigs - thanks for the link!

I finally found someone who knows about this.

At least for genetics developed prior to January 1, 2018, I suppose a proposed licensee can always say he had the genetics in his stock prior to that date.

Crazy Chester

So, Kevin Jodrey reads the law the way I do.

And the really huge opportunity between now and July is with those who buy up genetics that are not currently in licensed nursery stock, so they can either be hired by the nursery or start their own with genetics no one else has.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So, Kevin Jodrey reads the law the way I do.

And the really huge opportunity between now and July is with those who buy up genetics that are not currently in licensed nursery stock, so they can either be hired by the nursery or start their own with genetics no one else has.

i think it's the 1st 2 weeks you are permitted, maybe it's till july.

shit is changing fast and all in favor of big AG.

he talks more about the changes here.
[YOUTUBEIF]LSVSeG-3HtA[/YOUTUBEIF]

Medfinder

Chemon 91
many are paying to place there genetic in Phylos Galaxy hoping to get some known marker. i.e. copyright? trademark?

i like breading my own stuff from tried true clone onlys here in cali.

like Gold mining u gotta dig and sift.

Crazy Chester

many are paying to place there genetic in Phylos Galaxy hoping to get some known marker. i.e. copyright? trademark?

i like breading my own stuff from tried true clone onlys here in cali.

like Gold mining u gotta dig and sift.

But, what if you want a landrace that no one in California currently holds?

MtnLivin

Due to the definition of "cannabis" in the state licensing laws - seeds and clones are included.

If genetics may only be acquired by licensed nurseries, how can California not have had its entire genetic library closed shut by the new laws?

How does a nursery acquire genetics that were not in the possession of a licensed nursery when the new licensing laws passed?

I asked this question of the state licensing authorities before the licensing laws went into effect - it was ignored.

Thoughts?

In most legal states the give the licensee 3-6 months to "acquire genetics" so to speak. Basically they turn their head for a few months while you bring in all your cuts and seeds. But you have to enter all those genetics into METRC and after your allotted window is closed you can then only bring in new genetics from other licensed facilities.

Crazy Chester

Now I'm more convinced than ever - "legalization" has been to bring back the payoffs to politicians from huge growers - payoffs that have been sparse from 1996 through 2017 due to medical growers dominating the industry.

Now the politicians and cops can get paid again.

Thank you very little, Jerry Brown.

Latest posts

Latest posts