What's new

Nuristanica broad leaf drug origin?

Plookerkingjon

Demat,

I open this thread to share widely what i think i understood about the origin of the varius indica and its taxonomy declinations.

First of all knowing that the dwarfing and the broad leafing of the cannabis is the natural process of an acclimatization to extrem high altitude. The ultra violet intensity and the less atmospheric pressure dwarf all plants, it really begins and finish at around 2500/3000m elevation and very few plants can survive. In itself it's impossible for the cannabis sativa to arrive naturally there at high altitude, even by an eagle shit the seeds will die. The unique possibility for an acclimatization is the human help at the perfect micro climatic right sunny places and cardinal direction well situ, South Ouest as the best of course.

I think that it took place in the Hindu Kush and not in the Himalaya because firstly the mountain range is better to induce better exposure and secondly because the human history and agriculture is older and coming from the Ouest.

So in the Hindu Kush you have that very special land that combine the human very old history and the natural good micro climatic exposure. This place is the Nuristan ex-Kafiristan.

Nuristan little black zone, by the N.A.S.A :
View attachment 17878976
Centres of origin and spread of agriculture :
View attachment 17878977

Kind of good micro climatic mountain slope in Nuristan (up to 2500m)
View attachment 17878978 :
Nuristan fields vibes :
View attachment 17878979

I'm going to be remiss if you've already answered this so I apologize but as I read this first post my first question would be this, if one were to take the shorter Stout acclimatize indicas that are used to Growing it's a 15,000 ft if they even grow that high I'm using that as a hypothetical elevation mind you, when you take that specific acclimatization and you bring it down to say a normal sea level or maybe a thousand feet above sea level how does that affect the plants?

Plookerkingjon

Here's a kind of "pure dwarf indica", Tom Hill's X18, explored by myself almost 10 years ago
View attachment 17879818 View attachment 17879819 View attachment 17879820 View attachment 17879821 View attachment 17879822
I'd have thought that having exposure to all that UV light higher up with push the glandular trichromes or aren't there four different types of trichromes on a plant if I remember right I'm just shocked at they're not pushing either that or the pictures that I see here I'm not zooming in enough on cuz it looks like these sugar leaves on this last but here are pretty coated, they're probably just a different variation of trichrome head that's not as fuzzy white when they get in large numbers

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
when you take that specific acclimatization and you bring it down to say a normal sea level or maybe a thousand feet above sea level how does that affect the plants?
Hi and welcome Plookerkingjon!
Logically yes bring back BLD to sea level should produce opposite effects to become again NLD but it must take decades of generations ? One century or more maybe ^^ ???

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
I'd have thought that having exposure to all that UV light higher up with push the glandular trichromes or aren't there four different types of trichromes on a plant if I remember right I'm just shocked at they're not pushing either that or the pictures that I see here I'm not zooming in enough on cuz it looks like these sugar leaves on this last but here are pretty coated, they're probably just a different variation of trichrome head that's not as fuzzy white when they get in large numbers

Extrem UV and climatic conditions must increase densification and production of trichomes, and at sea level too but i think the big difference is the size of trichome head that become bigger with "indica" and the resin become more oily in opposite of very sticky property from pure sativa smaller tritri.

Well differences between resins and trichomes of pure NLDs and pure BLDs need more studies no doubt!

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Peace thx ;)

Here's one pure Pakistan X18, past grow in 2010, Malabar bubblegum terpz
X18 malabar (2010).jpg

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Fossil pollen studies would be great but Nuristan is like a big natural fortress and i think that the most interesting and higher good mico climatic alpine places are long and hard to reach i guess. Also sadly taliban dangerous nowadays. Good luck!

Plookerkingjon

Yeah I hear you I've had the pleasure of avoiding for the most part watching sunni and shia tear the s*** out of each other. What I will say is this though it's a shame that those guys and their religion would prevent them from trying to or maybe im ignorant of their religiouion like what is okay and what isnt, but being able to take those varietals and isolating the seeds that they know I've been in the area unmolested would be a great way for them to make money especially this day and age with all the legal markets opening up

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Monotheism probably lives its last century but for sure the animist Kalash people lives also the way to its last decades! By hoping that the international community realize it and help them to survive and maybe regain their Afghan Nuristani territory and culture, it sounds utopian but it's not impossible.

NGO should be created, allo @mriko !

More than 100,000 in the 19th century, there are only 3,000 to 6,000 individuals left.

Last edited:

Plookerkingjon

Yeah I hear you I've had the pleasure of avoiding for the most part watching sunni and shia tear the s*** out of each other. What I will say is this though it's a shame that those guys and their religion would prevent them from trying to or maybe im ignorant of their religiouion like what is okay and what isnt, but being able to take those varietals and isolating the seeds that they know I've been in the area unmolested would be a great way for them to make money especially this day and age with all the legal markets opening up
Boy did I need to edit that post Google mic is not my friend I got to stop being so lazy when it comes to typing

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Another significant detail currently experienced with my X18 repro is the white color of the pollen, first time that i notice that! My past X18 x Yarkhun was with Yarkhun males and the pollen was more classic and yellow, knowing that the Yarkhun is less BLD so.

X18
IMGP1140.JPG
IMGP1165 (2).JPG

Now i'm trying to finding scientific parallel references on the subject with other species of plants or trees adapted to high altitude.
:elf:

Last edited:

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
I would suspect since it reflects light a lot better it might stay viable for longer, considering the intensity of radiation in higher altitudes.
Just a guess though.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Thanks Ploo' good to see many Afghani and Pakistani channels nowadays ;)

Here's another shot by my influenced @landracewarden in Nuristan
Capture.PNG

Nuristan Eastern Afghanistan 🇦🇫, Hindu Kush 2022.

While having remarkable trichome production, this Pehno in the image had a very open structure.
Many of the people requesting me for a Sativa leaning Afghan landraces, I would say I have not seen the thin leaved variants in abundance in any other region as I have in Nuristan.

Again trace of old NLD"A" up there, may he will find the path to arrive higher in the BLDA birthplace, let's wish him good luck!
Capture.PNG

Last edited: