What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nugswap - A Canadian "Potluck" in the GTA

Egzoset

Salutations Fatigues,

...black bottles of 40-50 ppm colloidal silver...

This alone sounds like a double hint pointing at the usual lame scenario:

attachment.php

...while i'd expect a constant-current source instead.

48_Volts_CS_Generator_-_Power_Stage_480x400.png

Colloidal_Silver_generator_by_Patrick_J_Kelly_01aramkor.png

In any case 40 ~ 50 ppm sluggish goo certainly doesn't inspire much confidence when it comes to establishing a common reference for eventual duplication IMO.

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Attachments

• aag6s5.gif
    aag6s5.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 35

fatigues

Veteran
"Sluggish goo"? What?

It's distilled water with a low level of colloidal silver in suspension. 30 ppm is required to be active with a cannabis plant; with a strength of 40 to 50 ppm still well within the "zone" of effective and usable.

Many suspensions of colloidal silver that can be purchased is supposedly much stronger, PPM (500 PPM seems popular) but as I have no idea what liquid base they start with (meaning, possibly not distilled water) I wouldn't trust a PPM meter to accurately gauge the strength of commercial "health food store" colloidal silver.

If you start with distilled, run the generator and then measure the resulting PPM with a meter after you are done, you can let it run longer if too weak overnight -- or dillute it with more distilled water if it's too strong. Get it in the correct zone, bottle, store, and use when necessary.

It's really not a difficult process.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I sent PM to totreesdotcom on reddit since my post count here is weak. I won't have enough inventory by then but more is growing, so I can participate next time.

tbd

fatigues

Veteran
I sent PM to totreesdotcom on reddit since my post count here is weak. I won't have enough inventory by then but more is growing, so I can participate next time.

tbd

Yeah it's all good man. There are about a third+ of people participating who are not currently growing and won't be starting until after October 17. That's entirely okay. Come on out anyway, meet, chat, pick up some free giftage, and talk about strains, seeds, clones, gear, and what you'd like to do.

We'll be there to help. It's time to come out of the dark and into the light.

Rider420

...cut some surplus clones so I can help flood Canada with good weed.

SAJLMFAO cute dude.

FYI you can order ghost haze, mk ultra, clones ect from legal sources if your a medical user right now. And as Oct 17 everyone in BC will be able to buy clones from any LP in Canada. Legally and with a money back guarantee.

But hey I heard morons say that booze was much better during alcohol prohibition. :laughing:

Somatek

SAJLMFAO cute dude.

FYI you can order ghost haze, mk ultra, clones ect from legal sources if your a medical user right now. And as Oct 17 everyone in BC will be able to buy clones from any LP in Canada. Legally and with a money back guarantee.

But hey I heard morons say that booze was much better during alcohol prohibition. :laughing:

The point of nugswap is so people don't have to rely on LP's and their over priced clones. Have you looked at what they're charging, $50-100/clone seems to be the norm. Cheapest was WeedMD but they're a joke as the manager of customer service couldn't find their own business hours and asked me to send them pics of their website because they didn't know what the customer portal looked like. They wasted a week of my time with their incompetence and offered me a pittance in compensation for their incompetence and unprofessional behaviour.

Since all the LP clones are already out in the community, why not share them between ourselves and avoid their attempts to exploit us. Then there's all the clones circulating in the underground that aren't carried in LP's, why limit ourselves to just their limited selection?

If you aren't interested in trading clones at these kind of events, then don't but there's no point being negative about other people's excitement. Especially considering it sounds like there will be a lot of beginners at the first one I was planning to bring whatever extra clones I have at the time to give away. I'm sure others will as well.

fatigues

Veteran
And, for the record, on October 17, there won't be so much as one single clone available for purchase legally in B.C. or in Ontario -- for the very good reason that the retail distribution points for clones are not set up yet, online or offline.

Indeed, retail may NEVER be set up for clones. They require a logistical and multi-license LP and retail holder to logistically support selling clones that the retailers are not set up to provide -- and the government wholesaler is certainly not set up for it either.

The mail order clones from the LPs ACMPR sales, for those that offer them, are ~$70 a piece. It's ridiculous.

I'd prefer reliable feminized seed, but either way, getting noobs in on the growing hobby is a worthwhile endeavor.

Somatek

Tissue cultures are another possibility, just starting to play around with it myself but it could be a good way to offer pest free clones to pass around.

TheBlackman

SAJLMFAO cute dude.

yo,

only dead fish :laughing: go with the flow,
those with a clue actually know.

below be some words of wisdom from a friend of mine,
he speaks the truth, at times sublime,

so to support the Man who instilled the plan,
to be the fool not knowing your tax dollars are part of the scam.

"one of the saddest facts about the farce of legal-LIES-ation is that anyone who purchases their overpriced commercial crap is helping fund law enforcement's efforts to eradicate those of us looking to be left alone to grow our own and grow in peace (and not this joke of 4 plants sourced from LP seeds/genetics),

I know of many folks like myself who have a passion for cannabis and revel in providing for themselves and others purely from the kindness of their hearts.

support your local farmer's/Artist's who provide passionately grown cannabis
1f468_200d_1f33e.png

1f44e.png
👎
this will be happening across Canada....

The government of Ontario will give municipalities $40-million from its share of federal marijuana taxes to help cover law enforcement and safety costs associated with marijuana legalization, the province announced Friday.

The money – which will be provided to municipalities upfront, beginning before legalization takes effect later this year – will come from the first two years of federal excise duties on producers of recreational cannabis.

"This funding will ensure that Ontario's municipalities have dedicated resources for cannabis enforcement," said Marie-France Lalonde, minister of community safety and correctional services. "Ontario will continue working with law enforcement agencies to protect our communities from illegal cannabis activity, and to keep impaired drivers off the road."

your tax dollars hard at work eh

1f615.png

~Chili Bu

to the OP's idea to share because you care,
kudo's to you all,

may your gardens always be frosty,
spring, summer, winter and fall.

fatigues

Veteran
Tissue cultures are another possibility, just starting to play around with it myself but it could be a good way to offer pest free clones to pass around.

Not familiar with what is involved in that method of propagation, but would be fascinated to try to play with it.

JJDubz

Would be interested in this as I slowly get back into the scene -

I am just north of the GTA (Just North of Steeles) - would love to connect with like minded people. Need some short term help as well (I made a previous thread to that regard) - PM me if you might be able to assist.

Peace

JJ

fatigues

Veteran
Nugswap is proceeding and the initial meetup is this Saturday afternoon on October 27, 2018. All who are attending have RSVP'd.

The second meetup is planned for late November. If you want to participate in November, send a message to totreesdotcom to get on the list.

More info HERE.

fatigues

Veteran
We had our first Nugswap yesterday at Vapor Central and it was a successful affair.

I expect we may end up changing the venue to one where they will let us blaze a joint. Being left only with the option to vape/dab and not be able to outright combust left about half of us with our druthers. But options are limited. We'll see.

Lot of interesting swaps, too. As well as dried flower, there was rosin, hash, tinctures, and even CBD bath bombs! And yes, seeds and clones.

Those who are interested in attending the next swap set up for late November, head on over to Nugswap on reddit for the info.

With the end of prohibition, we are moving the planning and co-ordination to less behind the scenes e-mails and trying to be more upfront and public about it.

Thesearch

Germinated a white cookies seed I got from you guys and also popped some of the space monkey from a member there. Not sure what it's cross is anymore but I still have other freebies and am thankful for everything!

Latest posts

Latest posts