What's new

NUGENT: The Declaration of Defiance !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
Gypsy thats an A1 roadie anecdote-ejecting Nugent-excellent. Especially considering his wildman /psycho rock persona.:laughing:
It beats mine-which is accidently roughing up Marillion-but they were never gun toting nutters-more librarian types...

eddieS

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw Ted when he opened for ZZ Top in Nashville. Great show. ZZ Top that is, not so much Ted. That was the first I heard of him. People on the rig always watched his hunting show on The Outdoor Channel. They are all big hunters.

The dude is seriously fucked up in the head. He says he doesn't do drugs, but he acts like he is on a constant acid/meth/DMT/crack cocktail.

First off, I wouldn't join any modern war (Vietnam included) unless the rules of engagement had just two rules:

Immunity from all prosecution
Spoils of War benefits (whereas, whatever you see, and can carry, you can have, like in WWII and previous).

Patriotism? Get to ride in the town parade? Keep that shit. It don't pay the bills.

So can't fault anyone who avoids going to war, especially for no pay, and a chance of prosecution for something as absurd as killing the enemy.

I can see where Nugent wouldn't have wanted to be drafted against his will. It'd be eternally stupid to become a slave. Just as it should be a mortal mistake to start a war with the USA and expect to live.

Not too into the nation rebuilding portion of late either. Bomb the fuckers out of existence, take what you want and leave. Or don't leave, kick them out. They started the war.

mule420

Didn't know the racist pussy got a deferment, like others have said he's a man until the quarry fights back... Many good men have died so he could spout his shit, in my eyes he's a fucking commie. He manned a 50cal when in Iraq or he sat behind it and posed. No better then then the fonda bitch...

My feeling from him is, he thinks he is better then me because he "never did drugs, smoked, or drank" and I'm sure all old uncle ted's family is from the US right? No "fucking immigrants" as he would put it, in the woodpile right?

I don't agree with war, however I tried enlisting to "take up my slack" they wouldn't let me... Can he say that?

The ONLY reason America is what is today is because a little place called Ellis Island most of our forefather's came thru there, to find peace from oppressive forces in our homelands or to make a new start. Maybe the "real Americans" The native Americans need to kick his immigrant ass... Fuck that cat! Enough said time to burn one...

EDIT: BTW I'm 4th generation American, we came from Russia and Ireland...

rambone

"I often rise in the morning convinced that I am Rosa Parks with a loud guitar. It is beautiful."
this is where I stopped reading, that quote is almost sig worthy

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I'll give you a story about Teddie Boy Nugget (Nugent).....

Back in around 1980....I was back-stage security/roadie for a band called The Clash....who happened to be playing on that U.S. Tour in Detroit.....

I was on the door back-stage and this ragged-out hippy looking dude (long hair, smelt a bit ripe) came up to me and tried to pass.....of course I stopped him and told him that he couldn't go back there because I had explicit instructions to stop anyone from disturbing the band.....so he said to me 'Do you know who I am!'......and I said 'No I don't have any clue who you are, and no matter who you are you cannot come back here into The Clash's dressing room, since you have not been invited'....(there was no list given to me as to who was or was not allowed back there)....

So this burned out tweaker looking dude got his knickers completely in a twist and tried to barge past me.....so I tackled him and with minimum force stopped him from gaining entry while he was screaming 'I'm Ted Nugent!.....I'm Ted Nugent!'......well.....I didn't have a clue who this Ted guy was so I said to him....'Look, just hold ya horses, and I will go ask The Clash if they would want to see you'......so I got him calmed down and made him wait whilst I knocked on the dressing room door and was summoned beyond it by Mick Jones.....

In the dressing room the band were just getting their combat glad-rags on for the show and toking a huge spliff which was passed to me as I walked in......Joe Strummer asked me what was up as I took a huge hit and I said 'Joe this hippie speed-freak looking bloke called Ted Nugget is outside demanding entry with menaces, does he know you or something?'.......Joe said 'I don't think so, lets have a butchers (butchers hook = look)......so Joe has a quick peek round the door and before this Ted has time to acknowledge him Joe slams the door and says to me ....'Tell the Hippie to f**k-off!, I don't know him!'.....

After a couple more tokes I went back out there and confronted this Ted .......and told him what Joe had told me to say to him.....Then Ted got real silly, but left while threatening to come back and kill everyone with his machine gun....

I told the band this just before they hit the stage and played one of their songs called 'Tommy Gun!'.......and they just laughed.....

I once saw the lead singer of The Clash get pegged with an orange the size of a grapefruit.

Ohh wait, that's not six degrees...:tiphat:

graybeard

Ted is a wild one thats for sure!! I have always liked his music. Most brilliant people are at least a bit eccentric…I’m not sure he’s brilliant, but he is eccentric for sure. I think that a lot of the quotes attributed to him in this thread though are a mix of misunderstood sarchasm and made up bullshit.

I have no clue as to how/why he didn’t serve in Vietnam. But I do know that people can change…A Lot in 40 years…

I know that I have said & done shit that I wish that I could take back. Not to mention...I am a very different person now than I was back then. I have gone from liberal to conservative to a more libertarian type mindset over the last fourty years…

Ruosk

Nugent's an asshole. Someone should dose him with a good 1000 mics of acid to bring him back down to earth ;)

Flying Goat

If I could possibly think of a person who is in obvious NEED of a good joint, it would be Ted Nugent.

His pseudo-Rambo act has been wearing thin for over 20 years now...

Give him a hall of mirrors & he'd have his own fan club...

SKUNK420

Seems to be long on rhetoric and short on substance.

Then what about most of the off the wall uninformed statements floated around here by most pot heads? Your staement sounds like a talking points memo handed out by Anita Dunn(g) or from the Huffington Post or an Olbermann/Maddow site......... very interesting replies coming from people who will never be able to live up to his acomplishments in helping people. Saying the man has no substance when the man has done more to help people learn the value of hard work, morales, etchic and integrity then any of these progressive bloggers etc...........

Keep up the fight Ted!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but your supposed to get wiser as you get older not stupider

doesn't work that way with politicians, does it?:)

And it doesn't work with the parents of today that had kids from 1980's to the early 1990's. Kids raising babies is all I see. Parents that are in their 30' and'40's still acting like highschoolers or 21 y/o kids. Ask yourself this: What were your parent(s) during when they were raising you? I know they were not wasting money on the lastest cell phone every 2 months or trying to party all night at the clubs etc... yes I know most of the DISTRACTIONS of Y2K were not invented which kept them focused on raising you. But todays parents has no self-control and absolutely no control on their kids. Give them a quick-fix pill and blame it on someone else or the system.

gary20757

Anyone who is not willing to put there life on the line for what they believe dont have strong enough convictions....either stand up and fight or sit down and shut up :)

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone who is not willing to put there life on the line for what they believe dont have strong enough convictions....either stand up and fight or sit down and shut up :)

:good: Agreed.

If the dude wants to to run his mouth about how great it is to fight wars, but then dodge his duty to go fight the war he's a straight up POS. A coward and hypocrite of the highest order. Glorifying and making money off the death of others while avoiding your responsibility is pretty damn shameless.

Yeah, he may be funny and quirky and do some charity here and there, but that doesn't change the fact that when it came time to put his manhood where his mouth his he was too scared to strap on boots and go fight for what he believed in.

Kind of funny to see a bunch of lefties complain about the same thing they've supported for the past 100 years. Their heros of late are AWOL offenders in a volunteer army. But it was somehow this guys "duty" to allow the government to force him to go to Vietnam. Something they also protested.

I kind of suspect anyone who preaches freedom from government fascism is subject to irrational scorn here at ICmag. Surely if he had gone to Vietnam and faught, people here would be praising him. LOL.

I suppose you can tell a lot about a person by the speech that they hate.

"Hey, lets fight back against government tyranny"

A.) "Oh fuck you buddy! Shut the fuck up! Leave our agenda alone!"

gary20757

we actually had several conscientious objectors IN the military and I'd rather shoot them myself then to put up with that shit when your life is on the line so its probably a good thing the damn coward stayed home otherwise he probably would have got GOOD men killed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts