What's new

~NS's Sweet-Jack Test Grow~

nuggetshiner

Know what burns my ass? Flames bout 3 ft high.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reserved for weekly updates. :) 15 :smoker:

That'll do donkey, that"ll do. :woohoo::dance::Bolt:

Now I just gotta fill those in. :nanana:

nuggetshiner

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey shaunmulok and scar. Thanks for stopping in. Pics and updates on the way... :)

Current update in post #8 - 7/14/09

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
nice selection...plus the community can see what should be to par,,and or above..:Dhey nug thanks for all that you have done...and i will be following allong with your grow:D...MOneY

K

Karma Genetics

Hi Nuggetshinner please grow them as you see fit,

For me these test grows are about me seeing how they do in the hands of different growers. Some beginners and some Exeptional gifted.

nuggetshiner

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey MOneYMiKe & Karma, thanks, I'm blushing (green), looks pretty weird. I've always
had the "green thumb" or so I thought until I started growing cannabis. In the beginning
I liked to love'em to death. I mean right to death - overwatered a few to death - no
joke. Thought the overwater droop meant they wanted more water, lol, I laugh about it
now. Next run I gave a nice high phosphorus guano too late in flower. Those bowls
popped and sparked when lit, lmao. In the early 70's I used to go find driftwood along
a river - hollow small sections out and plant them with house plants then we would make
macrame hangings and put them in them. They were pretty cool. You never see
macrame anymore, I like that stuff. Don't know where that came from - the depths of
NS's memory. Prob thinking about the green thumb. Used to grow a lot of house plants
back then. Back to the present...
Not sure what I'll do as far as topping. Prob getting ahead of myself anyway, gotta get'em
sexed first. :) Saw some nubs last night with a quick visual but I don't try too early - their
really taking off after the re-pot. If they show sex quick I'll prob stick them right in but
if they get too tall waiting to show I'll top. Branch development is minimal at this point
but that could change soon. Just sexed 10 Golden Cindy's and the first three were male,
thats always scary - next 2 were fem. The two prettiest were male - that happens to
me a lot. The way these SJ's are growing I'm leaning toward a single topping to help
branching but not slow down the veg too much.
That'll do donkey, that'll do! Shreck is telling me I've wrote too much...
bbs, NS

Last edited:
P

Peat

Macrame was groovy, man! :rasta:

:D Nice lookin' 'lings, NS!!!

I may have to adopt some of your methodology...

I'm in LC Soilless Mix (from the "Organics for Beginners" thead)(similar to your mix)
And, I fert w/ PBP & LK.

Pretty basic.
But that's where I'm at. :redface:

I do try to look a bit beyond the horizon, tho... :joint:

What kind of water do you use?
(I'm ASSuming tap water. But trying to figure, why the Cal-Mag...:chin:)

:smoke:

nuggetshiner

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Peat, ya you know what ASSuming does... but you assume correctly. My tap water
won't read on my truncheon so it doesn't have a lot of anything in it, tastes good too. :)
The pbp/karma/calmag gives them everything they need to grow well and kind of idiot
proof (good 4 me) hard to really over feed. If I don't add calmag they start to show
deficiencies. After I got all that down I started to play with the guano. The differences
aren't hard to see, they looked and grew good before but after the guano they are
better plants. Hard to explain but you might want to give it a try with one plant. :)
If your using pbp you'll see what I mean. I start using high N guano after about 2 weeks, not
much but I don't measure at that point. Sprinkle on dirt and water. When they reach
1 gal pots they get a teaspoon every other water. When they reach 5 gal pot and go
into bloom they get tablespoon of N 2,3, and sometimes 4th week. Starting in the 4th or
5th week I feed 1/2 tablespoon of high P guano on top of soil and water in with regular
ferts. Since I started adding the guano to the pbp my yields and quality have gone up
remarkably. I am skeptical of boosters per se. I like using the guano as my booster.
I do try to keep it as simple as possible - kiss
You don't use any calmag? Whats your water read?

Last edited:
P

Peat

Thanks for that guano info, NS! :respect:
:yes:That sounds real good!

I don't have a meter.
So, I couldn't tell ya about my water.

But, I add dolomite lime to my soil.
I figure that, with the tap water should cover the ca & mg needs.

But, every once & a while I get a finicky girl, or 2... :spank::whip:

BTW, I do have a qt of Cal Mag + just sitting around. :chin:

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great NS the trifolate is looking good i hope its a girl for ya
peace and big harvests

hazy

Veteran
Good to see you showing us part of what you're up to NS. I've never really checked out any grows here on the Karma Forums, so now that I'm here I'll have to look around here and see what's up with KG gear.The plants are looking good.

nuggetshiner

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Peat, sounds like ya have it down. :) I went online to my local water co. and read
the reports on my water. Great way to find out whats in it.

shaunmulok, K-pax thanks for dropping in. :)

Hazy! ya made it. Look what the dust storm blew in. An old hazy. lol. Thanks for coming
by. I know what ya mean
I've never really checked out any grows here on the Karma Forums, so now that I'm here
I'll have to look around here and see what's up with KG gear
I know what ya mean, so much info, I can't keep up with even a 10th of it.

Forest20, here's to strong feelings. :party:

An update is imminent.... NS

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi ya NS good tip on going to local water board and seeing what they put in the water
thanks bro I'm going to check out mine

nuggetshiner

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Latest Update in post #9 :)

Hey Shaun, the info is usually on the web. Always nice to know whats in
the base your working with. :)

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice update NS bro i love the quality of your pics what camera are you using if u dont mind me asking...?

nuggetshiner

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey benji. Thanks. It's a nikon d90. I love it but it's a complicated mofo.

Latest posts

Latest posts