What's new

Now we know he was murdered

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This guy died when his new Mercedes took control of itself and accellerated into a immovable object.

Now they admit it can be done remotely. This guy was killed by the _._._.

<a car’s telematics—which are used to wirelessly send commands to cars—a “malicious actor here or abroad” could remotely command a car. The outcomes, the NHSTA says, could be vehicle crashes, passenger injuries, or death.>

The 10th amendment needs to be strengthened. The xidenistas are telling states to fuck off.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

dramamine

maybe good article but click bait for cookies - 249 cookies so I did not read.
Sorry, yeah, I don't blame you. I chose poorly. Here's this one.

..There are other sources. Basically, the administration is telling auto manufacturers/dealerships to ignore a state statute that allows car owners to access the digital info, "telemetry", that facilitates them or their mechanic to do repairs on all the new electronic shit in cars. The statute passed with a 75% vote in favor of it, and Washington is telling the manufacturers to just ignore it.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry, yeah, I don't blame you. I chose poorly. Here's this one.

..There are other sources. Basically, the administration is telling auto manufacturers/dealerships to ignore a state statute that allows car owners to access the digital info, "telemetry", that facilitates them or their mechanic to do repairs on all the new electronic shit in cars. The statute passed with a 75% vote in favor of it, and Washington is telling the manufacturers to just ignore it.
Good reason to stick to the older vehicles.

comfy markoth

I'm all for electric vehicles but something just feels wrong about autonomous vehicles on roads.

I'm not a boomer but i'm kind of a boomer.

1686891984834.png

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

mexweed

Veteran
cars have only been around for 137 years or like ~4.5 generations, "modern" humans have been on earth for about 7,000 years, why do people need cars? so they can get to their fast food faster? or rush their offspring to a school with an overcrowded line where there might be a shooting? or to some job where they piss the majority of their life away not making a living wage?

the industrial revolution is a very tiny brief moment of human existence and a lot of things from it are going to phase out, most things people go out to get with their car will eventually come by automated delivery

we are the most complex creatures on the planet and the only ones that struggle to be eco friendly, this will not persist for the extent of human existence

ultimately electric cars are a transition phase, because the production of batteries on the scale for which humans consume cars now is not viable

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I can't believe we just let _._._. go murdering people.

I also find it odd that there is one person who knows all of the answers...

Reactions: Gry

buzzmobile

Veteran

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They got HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one will not be voting for Hunter Biden in 2024.

Reactions: Gry

RobertMedinaA

This guy died when his new Mercedes took control of itself and accellerated into a immovable object.

Now they admit it can be done remotely. This guy was killed by the _._._.

<a car’s telematics—which are used to wirelessly send commands to cars—a “malicious actor here or abroad” could remotely command a car. The outcomes, the NHSTA says, could be vehicle crashes, passenger injuries, or death.>

The 10th amendment needs to be strengthened. The xidenistas are telling states to fuck off.
My God, why did I read this?