What's new

Now THAT'S what i call EARLY!!! - show is your flowers!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Early flowering is one of the most precious properties of outdoor genetics, so without further ado lets see how far along your plants are. We need to know your lattitude and the date the photo's were taken.

All these plants were grown in my UK greenhouse (which doesnt make any difference to flowering time) 55N and grown in 1 gallon pots organically. I actually wanted them to stay small and discrete!

all photos taken 2 days ago
Geurilla Gold #2 - nearly ready
picture.php

another Geurilla Gold #2
picture.php

congolese x GG - this smells great but the photo is pretty poor
picture.php

how far along are yours ??

V. :abduct:

Bedouin

Veteran
My earliest strain this year is passion#1. The photo was took in 21th August

picture.php

Not as early as yours :D
And here is some from Esben genetics. Photo was took in 21 July so it is early too

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bedouin! - nice shots- passion #1 was my earliest last year! - mid sept.

the canadian genetics seem much earlier - i have at least 50% milky trics on all those plants already . i already harvested the second GG#2
i'm very impressed!

keep them coming

V.

Bedouin

Veteran
Hey hey hey. Today i visited my spot with purple peace/red erdbeeer x deep chunk/erockets danish passion . And this flower

picture.php

today look like this :D

picture.php

And she is seedling hehe :D Peace

D

DublinHaze

hi verdantgreen,well done on the plants.Thats some early shit alright.Im at 53 degree myself.Im growing Durtga mata outdoors but my plants have about 3 female hairs altogether.I noticed they started flowering 2 weeks ago but fuck all has happened since then.
Are those Geurilla Gold on the boutique man?

Puffster

Early flowering is one of the most precious properties of outdoor genetics, so without further ado lets see how far along your plants are. We need to know your lattitude and the date the photo's were taken.

All these plants were grown in my UK greenhouse (which doesnt make any difference to flowering time) 55N and grown in 1 gallon pots organically. I actually wanted them to stay small and discrete!

all photos taken 2 days ago
Geurilla Gold #2 - nearly ready
picture.php

another Geurilla Gold #2
picture.php

congolese x GG - this smells great but the photo is pretty poor
picture.php

how far along are yours ??

V. :abduct:

WOW! thats some amazing and early plants you got there VG, I've grown the GG#2 at 60degrees north before with great success, harvested all the females at around 20aug-10september, and they were all ripe to perfection! Nice to see that the congoxgg is real early also, I've heard that it can grow into a mighty big bush if grown into perfection....would be nice to have a big full sativa bush ready by 15th of september @60degrees north hehe :)

good luck on your harvest mate, may it be bountiful!

THC123

Veteran
I got one of my gg2 at a buddies place I'll take pics as soon as i get those damn batteries also almost ready:yeahthats

Greens

I'm very happy you are enjoying my Guerilla Gold#2, VerdantGreen. I knew a lot of people from the UK got the GG this year, but I haven't seen many pics from that area yet. It's cool to see yours doing great at 55 degrees north. The GG#2 is my earliest strain and it is also very potent as well. Some specimens will be just killer. I've retired from breeding now, but Breederbrad has taken over breeding the Guerilla Gold for me over at UDG. I gave him the GG#3 and GG#5 to work with and those will be available in the fall.

It's also cool to see you growing breederbrad's Congo x GG. That's an excellent early strain with very sativa dominant buds. Yours looks shorter than most, but I bet those buds are awesome.

Puffster, WOW, that's awesome that you finished the GG#2 at 60 degrees north. The furthest north that I know the Guerilla Gold has been grown to harvest is at 62.5 degrees north in Finland. The Congo cross might work at your latitude, but it might be pushing in. I'd suggest trying the GG#5 next year because I find it has slightly higher potency on average than the GG2, even though the #2 is awesome. They finish nearly at the same time. The GG#3 will take longer, but it is the most powerful Guerilla Gold line.

Anyway, check my old gallery to see tons of GG and GG crosses that I've grown over the years...

Greens

wdr

Veteran
Hello :wave:

Some early buds of lebanese 27, i took these pics about two weeks ago:

now should looking much better i think..

neongreen

Veteran
Those are impressive Verdant!

One of mine just started showing first signs of buds a couple of days ago @ about 50-51N
picture.php

So when did yours show first signs? :D

You should get some SSH going in that greenhouse man ;)

G

guest1ab

Is there anything you can do outdoors to encourage flowering? I'm dealing with a little bit of light pollution. :/

Puffster

I'm very happy you are enjoying my Guerilla Gold#2, VerdantGreen. I knew a lot of people from the UK got the GG this year, but I haven't seen many pics from that area yet. It's cool to see yours doing great at 55 degrees north. The GG#2 is my earliest strain and it is also very potent as well. Some specimens will be just killer. I've retired from breeding now, but Breederbrad has taken over breeding the Guerilla Gold for me over at UDG. I gave him the GG#3 and GG#5 to work with and those will be available in the fall.

It's also cool to see you growing breederbrad's Congo x GG. That's an excellent early strain with very sativa dominant buds. Yours looks shorter than most, but I bet those buds are awesome.

Puffster, WOW, that's awesome that you finished the GG#2 at 60 degrees north. The furthest north that I know the Guerilla Gold has been grown to harvest is at 62.5 degrees north in Finland. The Congo cross might work at your latitude, but it might be pushing in. I'd suggest trying the GG#5 next year because I find it has slightly higher potency on average than the GG2, even though the #2 is awesome. They finish nearly at the same time. The GG#3 will take longer, but it is the most powerful Guerilla Gold line.

Anyway, check my old gallery to see tons of GG and GG crosses that I've grown over the years...

Greens

Yeah it finished up no problem here, planted them all out in sog style beds (I had about 200 GG#2 and 100 gg#2 x Freezeland) atleast I think it was freezeland, must be three years ago or something, but I remember I got the seeds off you :)

well greens, actually the finishing time isnt the biggest problem, its the mold....plants with high mold tolerance can actually easily stay in ground outside here until 1.oct, altough due to the rain and lack of sun you better have some seriously mold-resistant genetics if you need to leave them out so long.

I guess the GGxCongo finishes mid-sept? Should be able to make it I guess, depends on mold resistance and my luck with the season basicly :)

oh and VerdantGreen enjoy those gg plants, smooth sailing indica high effect all the way, yours are WAY bigger than mine ever were

Bulldog11

Veteran
Not on the right computer right now to post pics, but I have some Frisian Dew that I have been growing that has been flowering for about a month now. I am at 38 degrees. I will post some pics later...

Has anybody else grown out the Frisian Dew before?

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
dutch treat x hashplant at 45N

3 plants in this hole. the tall single cola plant in the back right should be done next week or so

picture.php

floater

looks like these have 2 or more weeks from here- maybe its the pic- but looks like they might put on some more weight...

zappa66

Ha! most of my GG#5 and greens mix are in the jars already. Great stuff, toke with care I smoked a doob this afternoon and it put my dick in the dirt...mmmmm, nap time...

AnotherBum

Everybodys plants look awesome!! Best of luck to a great harvest.

Got a question:

Where is a good place that I can get GG seeds? US resident here. Ive seen much talk about the strain but havent found any on SeedBoutique which I have used before.

Thank you

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks all for posting their pics etc

Bedouin - that one's come on nicely!

DublinHaze and AnotherBum - i think you will find some GG hybrids on the Bay - i've heard good things about Esbe's GG x royal Danish Line. Otherwise check Green's post for more information on the original GG line

Puffster - Thanks, thats the window i expect mine to be ready in. Late Aug/early sept and the same for the congo x GG. the trics are 50% milky already so we are nearly there!

THC123 - Bring on those pics dude !

Greens - thanks for stopping by and giving us some more info on the GG lines. I chose #2 because it is the earliest but i may get some more of another GG for the freezer. This GG line is going to be a legendary outdoor strain and it has already found it's way into many hybrids. Cant wait to try the smoke but everything i read says it's pretty potent stuff. All the plants in my pics have been trained a bit to keep the height down, the congo xgg would definitely be quite a bit taller if not!
quick question - i think i saw you post somewhere that the indica phenos of GG2 are more potent than the sativa - is that right?

wdr - those Leb buds look great - what latitude are you at buddy??

Bulldog11 - ive heard good things about the frisan dew - lets see some pics and get a smoke report!

Don Dump - dutch treat x hashplant at 45N - very nice!

zappa66 - in the jars already! - now you can relax and enjoy the smoke! - K+

sanchez - early flowering is mostly in the genetics but smaller pots slightly rootbound will be a little earlier and avoid late topping as this will remove flowering hormones.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neongreen - thanks! - i would like to do a sativa in the greenhouse

G

guest1ab

Thanks. I def won't be topping anytime soon then. Would the same apply for any type low-stress training? I'd like to tie her down once more I think.