What's new

Notifications?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Have you turned on the alerts in your Preferences?

preferences.jpg

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Back to not getting notifications and I don't know why. Some notifications I get but starcrashes (flowerpower) thread is hit or miss and i don't know what other notifications I am missing out on as I follow a lot of informative threads. Am I the only one having this problem?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
@StevenHXF is the site IT guy but until he chimes in, try logging out and then back in and see if they return. It sounds as if the page shell is not refreshing as you move around the site. Clicking the logo at the top left will refresh the page as will any of the selections in the top menu bar. Clicking your browser's page back nav arrow will not btw.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I click the logo regularly to get back to the main page. I usually just stay logged in as logging in every time sucks. Hopefully it gets back to normal, it definitely works sometimes.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
So..... are notifications ever gonna be fixed? I catch threads randomly that I am subscribed to and supposed to be getting notifications. That's not happening for me at least not consistently. Is anyone else having this problem?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I know that problem from an other xen forum too
It looks like u have to look at the notifications when u are logged in or else u won't get further notifications. So if u miss to check one notification its kicked out of your "active" notivication list. U keep beeing subscribed and will get further notifications when u look at the thread again.
I'm sure i still don't get all notification because i only look up some pages from "whats new" and when i miss the post from a rare thread i won't get notifications.

morion

So..... are notifications ever gonna be fixed? I catch threads randomly that I am subscribed to and supposed to be getting notifications. That's not happening for me at least not consistently. Is anyone else having this problem?
same here, have you somehow fixed the issue?