What's new

Not sure if my plants are sick or not

MPL

How about an update? :D This is after 7 full days of 12/12. I would have waited longer to put them into flowering so I could get more vertical growth but they've been vegging for 2 months without much to show and I'm ready to get this grow over with so I can start over with the knowledge and experience I now have.

I know they don't look that great, and I don't have the phenomenal growth rate of others', but I think I'm doing alright.

When I repotted I used a slightly different mix, and I kinda wish I had not as I think it is wreaking havoc with my pH. I just flushed with pure RO/DI water yesterday to try to equalize things. It came out of the filter right around 7.0, but of course since it's RO it doesn't take a whole lot to move it either way. They seem to like a higher pH now, right around 6.5-6.7. The rust spots and yellowing around veins didn't start receding until I raised the runoff from 6.0 to 6.3 (I am 99% certain I had Ca and Mg lockout due to pH), and when I went from 6.3 to 6.5ish they really started looking better. So I'm going to keep the runoff around 6.5, which means I gotta water/feed around 6.8-7.0. I had to buy a bottle of pH up for this.

Also I think the serrations curling up a bit were caused partially by nute burn (again - I can't seem to dial this in at all) and salt toxicity and heat. The heat is ok; I raised my light about 6" higher than it was.

There are a bunch of torn leaves. I think this was caused by parts of the leaf wanting to reallly curl up while other parts did not, so the leaves literally tore themselves apart.

They responded really well to pruning. I also FIM'd the tallest stalk of the bushiest plant to keep the growth in line with the rest of the plants, and it seemed to respond well to that. I don't remember if I took a picture of it or not but it's got two nice little shoots coming up where I cut.

I got some EJ MicroBlast but I'm having such a hard time dialing in the nutes I can't tell how much it helped. The rust spotting went away and so did most of the other deficiency symptoms I could ID, so I guess it helped quite a bit. I also got a tiny bottle of SuperThrive and they seemed to react well to it also.

Any advice on what I can do to make flowering as stress-free as possible?

So, what do you guys think? How are they looking? Am I doing alright for a first grow? I don't feel as if I am, but I've seen much worse here in the infirmary.

My next grow will be a hydro setup, probably a bubbler. It seems SO much easier to control than soil/soilless. Also, it seems a lot easier to correct problems in hydro so long as they are identified before they become serious. Since I'm a numbers type person (min/maxxer) and I like to be in direct control I think hydro will be the way to go.

I definitely need a bigger footprint.
Anyway, have a look.

Last edited:
G

goood job

goood job

seems ur getting it under control, sweet and ur getting some of the best help.

hey stich and pete. :headbange

This is a great community u should get all the help u need.

If u need help with the hydro I do both soil and hydro indoors and always 1-2 plants out side next to the strawberries and tomatoes.

Hey can u do hydro outside I never thought about it till right now must be the medicine I always get alittle creative when I'm . :joint: high!

MPL

Yeah I think my plants would be dead now were it not for the help I've received.

I saw a thread once where they did hydro outside, but I think it was on cannabis.com.

vinnystallion said:
seems ur getting it under control, sweet and ur getting some of the best help.

hey stich and pete. :headbange

This is a great community u should get all the help u need.

If u need help with the hydro I do both soil and hydro indoors and always 1-2 plants out side next to the strawberries and tomatoes.

Hey can u do hydro outside I never thought about it till right now must be the medicine I always get alittle creative when I'm . :joint: high!