What's new

Not Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Six

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Best of luck with Green Harvest, glad you made it through the storms with little damage OH!

Casper808

Yes oh I'm here on Maui guestamating just a few miles south same elevation as you?same sunset.they where definitely here earlier silver one up high and yellow bird 100 ft above property.im anxiously awaiting arrival but as prepared as can be.just have couple over .fingers crossed.oh as you know earlier is better for them because of the clouds comin in low,especially round here some days shutdown by 10 am and if lucky another couple of late hours under the clouds.
Aloha

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Looks like they are pau flying Maui. Heard the were at Ocean View today. They came to my house last time on Fri why not again. Get it over with.

LetsSeeYa

As always looking great brother, i just had to jump in knowing it was about time for em to be huge:peacock:

Im so glad your still at er bro be safe man:)

Casper808

Happy aloha Friday oh and dirty boy .keep me informed,Friday is there day of choice for visits.roll em no hol em.ignite em no hide em cheeee.

sunset_chaser

steep slope farming

steep slope farming

Hi oldhaole

I saw this picture and thought of your slope farming.

The photo is from an Ic guy named HellaFella420
in the IC thread:
Outdoors in northern california

Hope this was helpful.

oldhaole

Veteran
Better Late Than Never

Better Late Than Never

Now the fun part starts....

So far I've been pretty hands off. I wanted GH to do their thing before I invest any real sweat into this trainwreck. I certainly didn't want to bust my ass to make everything cherry, and get my hopes up, only to have the cops take them. It seems that Green Harvest did their thing two weeks ago. Reports of the ground crew bothering other people have filtered back.

Long story short...I guess they just weren't that into me. Big disappointment....but I'll get over it.

It doesn't mean they won't try for another bite of the apple. There's always next month. But I'm about done with waiting on them. Time to get to work.

Four of the five trees are starting to flower. The big plants are showing some real potential. So far I haven't done much. The plants did their own thing, with the cooperation of the weather.

picture.php

Yea...let's talk about that.

The weather has been perfect so far. Sure, a Tropical Storm brushed us a few weeks back. Two weeks ago a wet blob of what used to be TS Gil dropped another couple of inches of rain. Plants had yet to flower, so it was a good thing. It also greened the land up....green on green instead of green on grey made plants hard to see from the air.

After the rain GH flew by....and catch this....

The dumb shits missed me.

Enough of that...I keep gloating, karma may just sneak around and bite my ass.

After that, the rain stopped and the first real hot days of summer happened. Right on time. The pasture is still green, but that won't last for long. There's no storms upstream, this hot sunny weather should last for a long time. Here's the next canadate almost ready to go...another Skunkdog.

picture.php

With perfect weather....it just makes life so damn easy. The two Gorilla Glue plants I just took the first gave a little more than eight. The second yielded ten, not counting dirt weight.

Yea, dirt.

After I took the first GG the dogs dug out a lizzard or some small thing out of the empty planters. Downstream was the second GG plant....ready to take.

picture.php

OH well...let my patient deal with it.

So I loaded the gulch up. We went from twelve plants to twenty one overnight. The sun is moving and soon the South side of the garden will be in the shade. This is gonna be the last run on that side of the year....make the most of it.

picture.php

Anyway....

Did I mention the big plants are starting to flower? There starting to smell yummy. Ya get kinda sticky playin inside one of them.One by one. I'm working my way inside each plant, cleaning out all the inside growth. Since I don't have to mess with any netting it's quite easy. Then I spray BT for cats ( yea, there starting), copper sulphate for WPM ( not much) and dog shampoo ( pyretheren ).

picture.php

Once that shit is done I'm staking the bottom branches out, pulling them out and down. This fluffs the plant up, opens it up to the sun and gives it more room to bud. Also rearanging the tops too.

I'm taking a chance doing this. The branches are bent in some pretty unatural angles. Should we have another blow or a hard rain I'll have to cut them loose before it happens.

The last week I have been giving the big plants ten gallons of water every third day. Once a week they get five gallons of compost tea. I'll keep this up until a month before harvest.

I'll go out on a limb and bet that we're gonna have a good finish to this year.

Casper...not every chopper is GH. There is a guy that lives up here that has a blue Hughes. He commutes in every once in a while. And Oprahland is right down the road. They fly into there too.

Weez, DB...thanks for the play by play.

LSY...Long time....How you be?

Chunky...Gulch is about 25 ft top to top. Maybe 15 at the bottom.

C

Carlos Danger

Haole, I always love your writings but cringe a little when I see what you're using for preventative measures. I understand the need to keep issues down though. Have you used neem oil before? It's easily the most important thing in my arsenal.

OH, you're posts always crack me up. Your post about the before and after pics of the gulch reminded me of some kind of magical infomercial, something like...,

"In just one night your garden could go from this...

picture.php

to this...

picture.php

for just 3 easy payments of $29.99. It's so easy!"

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, it's all looking good. It's pictures like these that got me hooked on your grow journals since your third season.

picture.php
picture.php

It's not everyday the rest of us get to see huge sativas like yours. Thanks for the update.

P.S. Your roses are looking nice too.

JackCough

But wait there's more!

But wait there's more!

After you order OldHaoles Magic Gulcher how will you cut down those trees made from the strongest fiber on planet earth. Let me introduce to you....

The Ginsu Harvesting knife.

Still not convinced? Not only will you receive the Magic Gulcher and complimentary Ginsu harvesting knives we will include a surprise gift. Do your hands hurt after trimming pounds and pounds of fine sativas. Tired of the finger cramps? Scissors sticking shut from the copious resin? introducing the newest in next generation trimming technology.

"SlapChopTrimbuddy"

This is a once in a lifetime offer and supplies are limited. Once they are gone they are gone and this offer will not be repeated.Hurry and order now, operators are standing by. For just three simple payments you'll receive OldHaoles Magic Gulcher, the Ginsu harvesting set, and the SlapChop Trimbuddy. And to make this an offer you can't refuse mention the bonus code "wayback" when ordering and we'll included a thank you gift with your order free of charge*(just pay seperate one time shipping fee FOB Honolulu)

"Take the work out of your workout"

*This post has been a paid presentation for OldHaoles Magic Gulcher and has been brought to you by JackCough Industries.
Tax title and license not included, offer not valid in contiguous U.S.

P.s.s. Nice Roses!

furrywall11

looking good OldHaole...

@jack lmao..... someone gifted me a slapchop...i brought it to a friends house and sat him down... and earnestly said, brother, i'd like to give you a gift... then stared deep into his eyes as i gave him a slapchop... we laughed about it later.... ahhh, i amuse me

oldhaole

Veteran
Aloha boys and girls....yea DB...your right...one way or another this season drawng to a close. These damn Sativa's take forever to finish out...

I wouldn't be surprsed if a couple go all the way to November. So that homestrech is a long way off.

Still, it's kinda cool to watch it all develop....slowly.

Since all there are is a only five plants with any size out there, we do have the time to mess with them. Since this is Hawaii, and it ain't like we have to worry about Winter....sorry, had to get that dig in there....we are in no big hurry to get the crop harvested.

Chances are pretty good that I'll stage harvest. These plants do ripen at different rates...So you take what's ready and leave the rest.

Done with the cooperation of the weather you should take about 20% more.

Also doing something new this year.

The neat thing about a fixed frame is that once the bottom of the bottom branch are fixed up into place, you can pull the top part of bottom branch down, and stake it out laterally.

This expands the area of the plant open to the sun. More bud sites see the full sun and far less is shaded. I've never done this before, so we'll see if it works. So far I've been surprised at how much more area a spread out plant covers.

Some bad news.

My overflow area has been put up for sale. The plants there are not far from done, so we'll chance them, but after that, we gotta find another place.

And the cane fields are no longer a possibility... HC&S has themselves a drone helicopter...that party now officially over.

Maybe I'll just make less clones....

Naaa. That's no fun. Clones are like Doritos...Crunch all you want...we'll make more.

Jack...that's some funny shit. I want some of what your smoking.

Lightweight...we'll have some more before and after shots soon.

Carlos....I cringe a little bit too when it comes to my preventative measures. I'm stuck in my ways. I'm also a cheap son of a bitch. If it ain't broke ...don't fix it. I've used Copper Sulphate for decades. It's used early in flower. Most of the time I'm satisfied if I can interupt a pests life cycle just enough to prevent an infestation. This is outdoor Hawaii, with all the bugs and rain nature's gonna throw at you. Victory over these problems isn't gonna happen. The right thing at the right time will provide the nudge needed to avoid most of the problem. Most times you just try to break the cycle as early and completely as possible...

And we haven't even begun to discuss dog shit compost....do yourself and the rest of us a favor....don't ask.

Yes, I've used Neem Oil. Many of my friends swear by it. I don't care for it.

My partner earlier this year cracked some more Japaneese Hash seeds and mixed up in there was a few phenotypes that were lost then found, then lost again then refound. He turned me on to the more promising and now there all rooted. I've been messing around with these last year with poor results. Maybe we'll get lucky this go round

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last thought...

Once these big plants come in the temptaton is to call it a year. It doesn't have to be that way here. We still have time for one more crop before the year is done. This is when I make my seeds for next year. There is a plan cooking there. Also you can scrape that last harvest out of the deal before the fat lady takes the stage.

Curious...is there a time of year for you, when you look to the more mold-resistant strains...and have you found any true mold-resistant strains? Or is it a matter of some strains being more susceptible to molds, than others?

Howzit OH
Your Garden looking good....November? You have the patience of a saint. I get bent out of shape when my clones take an extra week or two in the summer. But you got some nice trees I must say.....anyways I was wondering. Do you prefer early morning sun over late sun (if you had to choose) when planning your planting location. I got two spots in my yard. One side misses the first two hours of morning while the other misses the last two hours. Is there any advantage in your experience? Mahalo

Bandit