What's new

NorthernLights by Nirvana (regular)

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
u need a carbon scrubber and/or an ozone generator...

salamandra

I'm aware of the "scrubber" thingy but that will set me back a minimum of 50 backs. I am expecting the electricity bill any week now. I would like to pay for that first and see whats left in the pocket. The good thing is that the weather is quite cold and windy and that suppresses the smells allot. An ozone generator is not an innocent device. ozone is a toxic gas to humans and also very corrosive to metals. It should be used by skilled people.

In case you or anybody else is interested i will describe the smell so we can comment on that in case its interesting.

Since this is my first time, i had a hard time pinpointing the description. After a few days of thinking i have concluded that it smells like "freshly cut ground black Pepper", definitely spicy. Nothing like cat piss or skunky, or somebody left a dead body on your couch, or took a shit in front of your door and shit like that!

I also removed o lower brunch on number1, since it was not getting enough light. It was so pretty, i didn't have the hart to throw it in the bin so i left it in a glass off water and after six hours it had already shot roots!!!:woohoo:

Dam how resilient these plants are!!!:jump:

Attachments

• clone_test1.JPG
    clone_test1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 19
  • clone_test1_2.JPG
    clone_test1_2.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 17

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
go to amazing1 . com / ozone <-- remove spaces and check out the $60 ozone genny. i have used them in bedrooms in cabinets. i have also OSHA tested them with test strips... okay for living areas...

and here is a DIY carbon filter...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=31679

i understand bills are first, just stay safe, especially with the smell...

:tiphat:

A

ariston

mpravo file, kataferes me tin proti prospathia na kaneis klonous :) prosopika prospathisa omos ta skotosa apo ameleia :D

salamandra

efxaristw patrioti, na se kala, an kai den ekana tipota spoudeo! Apla to efisa mesa se ena potiri me nero vrisis :ying:

Exo tin entiposi oti h ratsa enos fitou einai poio simantiki apo oti i texniki pou efarmozete :kos:

Crowmax

Veteran
geia sou salamandra mia xara ta vlepo ta fyta. Females einai kai ta 4?

re sy eipes parapano
I also removed o lower brunch on number1, since it was not getting enough light. It was so pretty, i didn't have the hart to throw it in the bin so i left it in a glass off water and after six hours it had already shot roots!!
ekopses ena kladaki apo ta fyta, to evales se potiri me nero kai evgale o klonos riza se 6 ores i den katalava kala?

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
an kai ligo kathisterimena,kali xronia kai kali arxi sto grow sou..
ta futa fainontai polu kala kai mallon tha exoume ena oraio thread
sto greec ic..
kali sunexeia kai ta leme file.:)

salamandra

Thanks Tjo, :wave:

@Crowmax
Esy kala to katalaves! :rasta: Egw eimai aftos pou diskolevete na katalavei pos ginete se toses liges ores na simvei kati tetio :headbange

rory

kali epitixia salamandra.tilikse me kapoio iliko to potiri soy na min pernaei fws,den to goystaroyn oi rizes.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Keep up the great work salamandra

Cant wait to see more photo updates :) yours are looking much fuller than mine. JEALOUS!

Cheers,
Budelight

salamandra

Thanks fellas, thank you so much, your support is really encouraging! I promise i will post an update soon. I'm holding back for a good reason.:thank you:

What makes an easy to grow strain different than a hard to grow strain?
Next update i'll show you ;)

@Opus53
Thanks bro!

@rory
Exeis dikio file mou, tin epomeni mera to eixa idei valei se xoma ;)

pwpw re salamandra prwti fora to akouo auto. Ti eixes ri3ei mesa sto nero????
biggrin.gif
Sto logo mou, sketo neraki, tipotes allo!

I did some more testing with cloning, and its now official, Nirvana NL clone within 24h. :dance013:

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
What is them method of cloning that you are using, people say it is all about temps, disolved o2 in water, and light nute use. Would you agree?
Cheers,
Budelight

salamandra

What you wrote, sounds to me like a recipe for rock-wool and it make sense.
Like i said before, i'm no expert so i try to keep things as simple as possible. So what i do is pretty much what this dude called "Hans"(from the notorious video) does. I cut a cutting-->rinse with water--> clip the leaves--> cut to length just under a node(if any)--> dip in root hormone(cheapest i can get)--> stick in potting soil(the good stuff)--> place in propagator.-->Done
And here is the million dollar tip... since it so damn cold this time of the year, i use the ballast as a heating mat. So i place the propagator on top of the ballast and on top of that i place a light source, and then i build an igloo around them all with light-tight reflective sheet.

Keep in mind that my ballast is in a box running lukewarm right now, so at the moment my system is very balanced. Otherwise this setup would bee a fire hazard waiting to happen.:blowbubbles:

So yea, modest heat is important.

Cheers. :tiphat:

--EDIT

Ooops, forgot to say that having played with NL for cloning and having seen other folks having a hard time doing this, i think it's safe to say that a plants pedigree plays a key role in the amount of time the hole proses takes to succeed!
They don't recommend NL to noobs for nothing i guess ;)

Last edited:
A

ariston

file sigouros oti to proto grow sou einai? :tongue:

pote tha erthi to update?

Opus53

What makes an easy to grow strain different than a hard to grow strain?

genetics! , easy to grow strains dont need to be pampered and produce well, the harder stuff normall takes more then 12 weeks, gets fussy about ferts, needs high illumination and catches colds quick:laughing:...whats the word im looking for' .........sativas:dance013::dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts