What's new

Northern outdoor Garhwali & Parvati

This thread is just to document some characteristics and photo's of these strains.
I'm at 52 degrees north, western europe. I'm hoping some of my real seed company plants will give me something nice in november.

The garhwali's all seem to be similar. The parvati's do seem to have some variation. One of the parvati's has a lot of vigour and another grows a little stunted and with smaller leaves, it's the one on the bottom left (3d picture), I like it because of the typical leafshape and leaf edges.

Here are four garhwali's (one germinated at a later time)
picture.php

garhwali
picture.php

Parvati's (one germinated later)

picture.php

See you later

E

elmanito

Hey bro,

Whazzup with the Himalayan strains.They love this humid wet weather.:D

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Last edited:

bun1

Nice man, I've grown some seeds from RSC before but not these it will be nice to see how they turn out.

Hi!
They are doing fine, some of them are beginning to show pre-flowers.
I repotted two of the plants in the smallest containers to a little bit bigger and the root mass was very big for those small plants!
Will update in a few days.

More pictures! A bit too dark, sorry 'bout that.

Some of the plants show signs of preflowers, but not enough to say anything definitive yet. I want to put the females in open soil and the sooner I know what sex they are the better, because they need more soil now.​

Notes about the plants:

Some parvatis's are showing double serrations, will get a picture of that next time.
The garhwali's are uniform and like to stretch and not branch out.
Especially one of the parvati's likes to branch out well. (consider my less than optimal light conditions).
Some parvati's give of a typical weed smell, the garhwali's less so.

Garhwali's:
picture.php

picture.php

Parvati's:

picture.php

It's not very visible here, but this one branches out well at the bottom:
picture.php

That's it for now, Bye!

Hello!

I've put two female Parvati in open soil. Still waiting on the rest of the plants to definatively show their sex. In the meantime some of them are stretching higher and higher in their little pots.. I'm pretty satisfied with the soil mixture I made because there's still not that much yellowing going on for them being in small pots.
It seems there are a lot a males among them but i'm not 100% sure on a lot of them, so I'll keep waiting. I'll keep one or two good males in pots to pollinate some branches of the females.

Parvati:
picture.php

Parvati female (open soil)
picture.php

Parvati female (open soil)
picture.php

Garhwali:
picture.php

Garhwali:
picture.php

Peace out and a thank you to genuine cannabis lovers real seeds company for providing these seeds!

Rinse

Veteran
I got 1 Garhwali female growin outdoors she looked similar to yours when in a pot but thinner leaves, as soon as I put her in open soil she branched out christmas tree style,
got some preflowers now too.

They are THE landrace sativas to grow in cooler climates (Im in England).
As others have found, they actually like the rain and humidity.

The same was true with the Kullu Jungli that I grew, I prefer the Garhwali I think, she's even more vigourous and smells more herbal which I like because I grow alot of kush/afghan so it makes a change lol.

They're not exactly early but still flower far more readily than most pure sativas.
My advice to anyone is get them while there still around there super tough outdoor genetics and the high and smell of the buds will be unique.

Hi, I expected thinner leaves on the garhwali too, I've seen pictures of elmanito's garhwali and that one also had thinner leaves. I've got four and they all have pretty much the same type of leaves.

Some of the garhwali's smell peppery when I rub the stems which I love!

When did you harvest your kullu jungli?

Thanks for the response.

Rinse

Veteran
Hi, I expected thinner leaves on the garhwali too, I've seen pictures of elmanito's garhwali and that one also had thinner leaves. I've got four and they all have pretty much the same type of leaves.

Some of the garhwali's smell peppery when I rub the stems which I love!

When did you harvest your kullu jungli?

Thanks for the response.

Mid - Late October if I remember right but they couldve gone longer.

All 4 garhwali's turned out male, they have been culled, I've decided not to make any seeds because it's too much hassle for me this year.

picture.php

Garhwali male:

picture.php

Out of 4 parvati's 2 are male, also these males are gone now

Parvati male "big leave/growth phenoype":

picture.php

Same male:

picture.php

Other parvati male, "small(er) leave/growth phenotype":

picture.php

The females are lacking behind the males with flowering, they are barely starting to.

Parvati female "big leave/growth pheno":

picture.php

Parvati female "small(er) leave/growth pheno":

picture.php

The two females in the garden:

picture.php

And ipomoea flowers:

picture.php

That's my update, let's hope for some good autumn weather for the two remaining females.
Greetings!

Temperatures are pretty low, there has been a little nightly frost once or twice, but now temps are slightly higher again.
Bud development is really slow. I just need one more month without frost.

"smalller leaf/growth pheno":

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

"bigger leaf/growth pheno"

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I

I-Shence

Very nice bro!
Dont worry about this weather atm.Compared to Himalaya where these seeds originated your weather conditions are much better than there ;)
The only plant that I didnt lost this year is Parvati.She survied all storms and shitty weather last 2 months and still growing.

Peace!

conlarazon

Veteran

Hi Stone Locust

Parvati is always a lot of resin ... that odor has given you?
I keep seeing your thread

well done

regards:tiphat:

The weather has been very wet, but no frost. The first parvati still has no mold on it. It seems finished anyway, probably gonna cut it in about a week. More sunshine would have brought out the crystals better in the pictures.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The next one has started to mold. I've harvested some parts today and probably gonna have to harvest the rest soon.

picture.php

picture.php

You can see a little mold on the bottom in the next pic.

picture.php

picture.php

Greetings!

Hi guys
The yield is low because I'm at 52 degrees north and they start flowering late here. Also autumn was relatively cloudy and dark. Besides that, this growing spot hasn't got as much direct sunlight as it should. It would be a totally different yield at your latitude, bodymind!

Still I've grown similar low yielding sativas before here and despite the low yield, the quality of the high has always made up for it so I hope it's going to be the same with the parvati's.

I used to smoke lots, now I only smoke every now and then and for those occasions I like something psychedelic and warming, a deep sativa experience.

Latest posts

Latest posts