What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern California Goo

superjoint

i have a diesel 1 X Goo from humboldt ,they are from a long time ago ,i know its not the afgooy for sure, but mabey you can tell me more about the strain ,the one ive kept is very very sativa dom, and takes a good 70 days plus, ,all i know is the seeds were old as hell, and i thought id try em , found the keeper that i wanted very good stuff

4 Dragons

The Northern California Goo is a clone only of very serious potency. A pure Sativa made by Gooybreeder that is over thirty years old I think. The picture doesn't really do her justice, I'll try to get some better ones soon. Thanks for looking :)

superjoint

4 Dragons said:
The Northern California Goo is a clone only of very serious potency. A pure Sativa made by Gooybreeder that is over thirty years old I think. The picture doesn't really do her justice, I'll try to get some better ones soon. Thanks for looking :)

Thats cool, I got a shitload of goo crosses, ive only poped the d1xgoo, they were a bunch of seeds in a can from late 80s early 90s,some labled some not. its a killer plant i think.. very frosty ,very quick
, and stacks real tight. thanks for that help bro. it looks :headbange

W

Whatever

I loved Afgoo...that girl sounds and looks like she's prime breeding material :wink:. Find any good males yet...lol.

4 Dragons

I think she is prime breeding material actually :) She would be perfect for taking down the flowering time of long flowering Sativas like Black Forest or Cherry Thai or good for crossing to say CTF. Lots of other crosses floating around in my mind. Never did have Afgoo but I have seen some pics that looked excellent in one of the mags.

I forgot to mention that she is very sticky, smells sweet like a combo of fruit and berries with a tootsie roll finish which I love. Was thinking about crossing her to Chocolate Thai x C99 and maybe I can get more of that Chocolate smell out of her.

Thanks for compliment RoastedO!

superjoint- Did you keep the diesel x Goo? Sounds like it would be excellent.

I may have a new favorite here :)

I felt like I was coming down with a migraine last week and took a couple of quick hits off her and forgot all about it! I always love a killer med strain!!

She is very spacey. If I don't concentrate really hard I will be lost in space for a long time. I had to restart American Gangster twice and last night I was really out there but in a very nice way. No paranoia.

Thanks for looking!

superjoint

soon as i read this i went out and put Mvtf x Purple indica pollen on the d1xgoo was thinking the same thing about bringing her time down ,and just seeeing what happens or comes of it,she is getting dank thoo kinda spicy sour berry

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Nice goo yo, I got some goo x purple kush Im finna grow out soon...

heres some pics uh the last goo I grew:

and heres a differant goo strain I did from seed:
pheno1

pheno2

(pheno1 again)

Last edited:

4 Dragons

superjoint - Mvtf x Purple indica sounds like something I would really like to get to know and on top of d1/goo you're a madman I say, LOL!

GET MO - those are some fine pictures you have there! Easy to see why it's called Goo.
That goo x purple kush would be super fine no doubt. I would love to see pics of her when it's time please. I really want see a purple goo!!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to see you posting pics, 4 Dragons! :wave:

I sure am surprised that w/ that genetic make-up, she doesn't surpass 100 daze and have thinner leaves!?! :biglaugh:
Sounds & looks killer tho! :rasta: Look forward to seeing her finish.
Really nice additional pics, GET MO! :D:yes:

Last edited:

4 Dragons

Thanks for stopping in Highlighter!

I guess she is just acclimated to being in the great PNW for so long. I can't remember her whole history, I know there was some debate about her flowering time. She's real good and my wife even likes her and that is really saying something. I'm going to take her at 8, 9, 10 and 11 weeks, see what's what. I've been reading some really good stuff about her lately :)
I'll post more pics soon.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Interesting thread & very interesting strain you got going 4dragons! I also do find it little weird that taking note on a genetic make-up, she doesnt take more time + those wide leafs, for a 100 % sativa strain :chin: Could almost bet there is little indica blood in her...

Anyways, looking really dank and it might be true as you said it´s very acclimated.. However, I have found this acclimitation happens quite fast at least in indoor enviroment, but it seems plants always go back to their sativa roots more and start to show thinner & thinner leaves :chin:

I really aint trying to start any debate wether she is 100 % purá sativa, or not, interesting back ground with stellar plants :yes:

And dragon man, please try to get more info on her genetics & evolution, really interesting combination once again, maybe an old haze hybrid with some add´s on :chin:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Pure sativa...I think not.

Maybe a little bred in, but the Goo has plenty of affy indica in it.

My cut has been passed around northern california and the grass valley area for a long, long time. Covered in trichs, done in 8 or 9 weeks and smells like sweet, sweet hashy goodness.

4 Dragons

Herbalastic - Nice to see you here and thanks for your thought on her :)
From what I have read she can go as long as I think 74 days and I know there are some pure Sativas that will finish in the time frame. Also from what I have read some Colombian Gold has Indica in it and maybe the wide leaf came from there? I think the whole story is at ***** but that site is down. I'll dig up as much info as I can.

fisher15 - Is your Goo from gooeybreeder? I know there is at least two if not three different Goo strains. Your bud looks great but different from what I have seen.

Here is a report HappyChief did over on ********. I hope he doesn't mind...

Breeder: Gooeybreeder
Strain: Northern Cali Gooey
Lineage if known: Orig. 1972 Maui,Mex. gold, Columbian gold, Cambodian,Thai
Grower:HappyCHief
Judge: Mr. & Mrs HappyChief
Type (sativa/indica ratio): sativa

EYE APPEAL

<7> Density
<10> Aroma

COMMENTS: Wow it doesn't look real at first, or maybe someone spilled sugar on it.

SMOKE REPORT

<10> Potency
<10> Taste
<6> Smoothness (1 = harsh 10 = smooth)
<3> Indica Influence
<9> Sativa Influence
<2> Effect Onset (1 = immediate 10 = super creeper)
<3> Duration (In hours)
<1> Tolerance Buildup (1 = slow 10 = fast)
<10> Overall Satisfaction

COMMENTS: this is some potent meds. it hits you very hard and heavy at first. it has a great thick sweet,musky-fruity-spice-pepper flavor that lingers on your lips. After a few moments of letting the stone set in it brings out a very relaxed, social, happy, feeling with no paranioa. the buzz remained clearheaded and a very light body energy feel.

High Description: Happy,talkative,social,relaxed,anti-anxiety,clearheaded.
Smell: sweet, spice,pungent, light fruit tones
Taste: sweet-fuity,peppery-spicey-musk.
Medical Effects:anti anxiety,nausa,appetite inducer
<9> Medicinal Strength

KEEPER?
<i> YES great strain should make some fun crosses
<> NO

FINAL COMMENTS:this will always be in my garden,and it will always get you faced. this will be a great plant for anyone to have around,I have harvested it as early as 45 days and as late as 73 days and it is super potent and flavorful at any age. this would gives growers a bunch of flex with harvest times. Harvest when you get time, it will be some kill when ever you get to it.
thanks a bunch Gooey this is a real jem everyone needs a little Gooey

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
My goo isn't from 'Gooeybreeder' it's a cut from Grass Valley, CA and the surrounding foothills. Gooeybreeder may have made a seedline from this clone, the description and pic seem similar. Not sayin it's my strongest indica, but I never considered it pure sativa. I've heard some lineages thrown around, but most folks growing it here don't really know. This nug shown here is from the plant in this and in the last post. Cut about two weeks ago so still very young.

Latest posts

Latest posts