What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North and Central Uganda...pure single source landrace sativas

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool story. 😎 living in the holy trinity of cannabis networking: a world renowned tourist destination(ive sold products to the recently passed rotchschild at my booth), strong hold of draft dodgers and close to the port of alot of Asian and s.e. smuggling routes, I meet a fine fellow from uganda.

Living on vancouver Island now with his wife he says cannabis will be legal soon in uganda. What strains would be good outdoors north of Victoria bc. So I hook him up with 4 free packs to grow here and to celebrate his families freedom back home with improved, potential, legal opportunities

Spring and summer passes and he messages me saying he just got back from uganda. What's my shipping addy? A week later I got these:
20240303_002501.jpg

2 tribal family hierloom strains from North and Central uganda. Yay for me....more unworked jungle bud!

He told me historically like most ancestral traditions cannabis was used for medicine and ceremony. Specifically medicine men communicating with the spirit world..psychadelic maybe?

He also mentioned that Swazi and durban and few others should never be as well known as the cannabis from his homeland. I think something we here at icmag will have to decide for ourselves.

I gifted a few beans to a friend on the sunshine coast who has a super proper greenhouse for content and feed back god forbid my light dep hoop house fails this gift I've recieved. He will prob be popping his seeds ahead of me so I will be sharing his and my progress and notes.

Beans on my end wont be popped until may 1. Im guessing his soon. Enjoy the show!

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a bit of insight into the state of the union, cannabis regional hot spots and some others data mining

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's just some chain of custody record
keeping.

Next time we chat or talk I can ask for more details

Screenshot_20240303_104626_Signal.jpg

In verbal communcay he said central seeds were from close to lake victoria, and the northern were from the jungle.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He also went back in January 2024. Might still be there.

I asked him that if he ever comes across any brick weed from Nigeria, Congo etc to buy and oz and pic out the seeds for me.

I smoked alot of Nigerian in turkey and Greece and even the brick weed was green, flavorful, powerful and really racey. I got super paranoid in Istanbul tbh. Maybe the midnight express movie messed with my subconscious a bit

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why hasn’t your friend sent photos , or if he has can we see them 🙏🏻
He put me in direct contact with his brother.

If I can make an assumption that the drug war has hurt and scarred us all. Paranoia possibly the root?

Let me contact him directly and I will see of I can get any images of origin plants.

And from my perspective if people are going out of there way to give me gifts I don't go out of my way to ask for any extra "favors"

I'm sure the guy that lives in canada who goes there all the time can take some and send them the erase them before passing customs in canada.

Thanks for the suggestion 😃

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most certainly.

I do know based on
Be interesting to see the difference to the Kenyans I have also from close to lake Victoria ..
Ugandas location they do alot of export to the countries surrounding them. And there will be seeds in the loads.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe you are mistaking Albanian weed for Nigerian????
First time I hear of Nigerian or any african weed around these areas
Alot of people aren't really aware of how big and powerful Nigerians are in the drug trade.

And have been for a long time.

I should have been a bit more clear....when I say nigerian brick cannabis....it can mean actual cannabis grown in Nigeria or trafficked thru nigeria or by nigerians to Europe

We won't take a deep dive here but wanted to be more specific.

There's some great documentaries online but here is a decent semi recent article about what's going on in west Africa

Rastafarout

Premium user
you are talking about Uganda though .. and they are almost non existent cannabis trading compared to the other countries
I really don’t think they supplying other countries either ..

JustGrowing420

Alot of people aren't really aware of how big and powerful Nigerians are in the drug trade.

And have been for a long time.

I should have been a bit more clear....when I say nigerian brick cannabis....it can mean actual cannabis grown in Nigeria or trafficked thru nigeria or by nigerians to Europe

We won't take a deep dive here but wanted to be more specific.

There's some great documentaries online but here is a decent semi recent article about what's going on in west Africa

I don't have the knowledge to doubt it and it's cool what's going on in west africa but you talked about Greece and Turkey in your post.
I also don't say that it is not true because I haven't heard about it, maybe it is smuggled to smoke in their circles, I wouldn't know...

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't have the knowledge to doubt it and it's cool what's going on in west africa but you talked about Greece and Turkey in your post.
I also don't say that it is not true because I haven't heard about it, maybe it is smuggled to smoke in their circles, I wouldn't know...
Hey jg

I appreciate you bringing up Albania. I can't believe how much they are producing now a days. I'm sure there's truth to this good point you raised. It was totaly off my radar.

My reference is to the 90s from personal experience. But. I can guarantee that 8 out of 10 attempts from from the u.k. to australia if you bump into a nigerian and ask for dome daga they will have some and it was smuggled via west Africa back packing on their heorin and cocaine trade routes. And if it isn't them directly they buddies are holding.

Italy, Greece, turkey. All bought from them, all the same african brick weed

I'm not sure about today, but Nigerians are disproportionately incarcerated for trafficking abroad more then any other country.

Latest posts

Latest posts