What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NORML- TRYING it the "right way"

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
This month NORML is holding some events in DC.
Check it out: http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5888
They are basically trying to get people to come out and be active members of the community and lobby congress.
As I am not far from DC(a short train ride, then a row boat, a hike up a mountain, a short donkey ride and I'm there), so I believe I would like to at least attend the conference ans see what they have to say.
I'll have to admit, that I'll really have to think about the lobbying congress portion of it. I DO realize that this is supposed to be the correct way to approach changing laws, and the more voices heard, the better chance of this. However....when you're a guy that grows, the idea of going to politicians and saying "this is my name and I'm in favor of marijuana" is more than a little intimadating(especially in the current political climate).
Not to mention that I have had experience in lobbying congress with a hobby group I belong to(WAY smaller than the ammount of smokers here in the US). It was quite dissapointing to say the least. Despite these concerns, again I WOULD like to attend at least some of the events in DC, and see what I can do to help the cause. Anyone else planning on attending, or have an opinion about this effort by NORML?
cook

PS, in the mean time, I will at least become a member of NORML at this event, as I am not as of yet.

Last edited:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Kinda ironic isn't it...

Kinda ironic isn't it...

Those who have a voice that really should be heard are unable to do so because of the criminal element attached to their beliefs.

Sad really...

I too would like to speak out about this, and shout it from my roof top, but to do so would just draw attention to where i would least like it.

GreatLakes THC

EarthNug

It's a catch 22 situation eh?

Sucks, but someone's got to do it. Is there any way to anonymously make your feelings known?

Latest posts

Latest posts