What's new

nore potent not always better!!!!

i have smoked a lot of potent pot in my day,but lately i have been smoking for taste and mood.i like to get high rather than stoned.i like to be happy and energetic rather than depressed and tired.all the people in my age range(arounf mid 30's)are all wanting the same thing.so i think im going to start growing a more sativa happy strain,but i dont know what i want yet.it has to be tasty as hell and thought provoking,happy and energitic with potency,but it does not have to be devastating.paradise seeds has the highest ratings i have seen and their descriptions according to members here are spot on.i might try a sativa from them to start off with.any suggestions feel free to chime in at any time.

master shake

Buy a bag of Chinese bird feed and grow the weed looking seeds...j/k

I saw nirvana four way (I think sk#1 x indica x sativa x ruderalis) on sale at like $12 per pack on boutique under end of line stock. Don't know if it is the same as what I smoked years back, but it is very much like you describe. But very potent. And stunk to high hell, perhaps most skunky strain I've came across.

igrowone

Veteran
i'll hook onto this thread because very much what i'm looking for
raw power is not what i need, just a better feeling(depression), but not too much which can trigger the anxiety(another trouble)

WelderDan

Veteran
Blueberry does it for me. Nice heady buzz without the racy/anxiety side and soooo tasty. Most of DJ's gear fits your bill. But it ain't cheap, you'll probably need to do some selection and the Blue family is notoriously finicky, especially when it comes to nute strength. But as far as taste and quality of high goes, it's hard to beat. My friends still beg me to ask my "guy" (heh heh) for more.

C

Classy@Home

more potent not always better!!!!

more potent not always better!!!!

au contraire...

Higher = Better :jump:

IMVHO

I will recommend Apollo 11 if you can find it. Cinderella 99 is also a popular one as is Satori from Mandala. These are all upbeat hybrids though some people get a little paranoia with the Cindy. I am working on some Satori now and I am anxious to compare that to Apollo 11 since they are reported to be similar effects.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
If you can find it...Soma's Amnesia Haze, Any haze from Mr Nice seems to be what you are looking for as well. Stay away from Greenhouse, they are "strainhunters". C99 F2s from Dutchgrown are another, Wallduck C99 crosses, Mosca does awesome work with C99 as well. If you can get a hold of cuts, Green Crack(Cush) is another good one. Trainwreck is an awesome one as well although I will report that you can quickly build a tolerance to it.

Not a Haze but Cannbiogen's Destroyer is another good selection...

Last edited:

stevefrench

if you wanna try paradise seeds go for nebula!

great tasting strain that really tastes of lemons and sweet fruit. NOT too potent, its a haze/widow cross that puts a smile on my face.... great for in the morning

thanx guys,i guess i do want potency,but sativa potency not indica potency.i hate smoking a joint and just wanting to go to the couch.im going to go with a paradise strain,maybe acid or belladonna or some other sativa they carry.keep coming with the suggestions!!!

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds like your ready for.. say it with me now........ DJ

here's some cuts from his words:

"Another interesting note is that the herb I describe as ‘The Best’ tested at approx. 7% THC! Some of the Maui Sativa appeared to have reached 10%. Obviously, something(s) other than THC is (are) playing an important role in the finished product and its overall character. Which brings us to the issue of ‘bland potency’.

‘Bland potency’ is the term I apply to the effects of much of the currently commercial available ‘dank’ (bud). Overpowering, ‘stupefying’, cloudy, suppressive, ‘clenchy’ symptoms that do not lend to a very enjoyable experience, is my opinion of much of this said ‘dank’. I understand and respect the specific medical needs for such a powerful distraction. Managing strong pain meds is a good example of such need. However, the subtler character possible from high quality herb is all-too-often overlooked due to bland potency’s overbearing presence."

"'Being ‘stoned’ is not my goal. Being ‘high’ or ‘enhanced’ is. Simply, I am not into the ‘stupification’ aspects of herb. I like herb that opens me up, that brightens my day, that makes me think and feel in a more positive way. I am also into the herb that motivates and stimulates creativity."

M

Milhouse

Look into some of DG's DTC99 crosses or go with the DTC99 f2. Ran the Magenta99 (Cannabiogens PCK x DTC99), there are some gems in those beans and the high is much like what you are after. Great smell and taste, especially the purple pheno! If you find one more dtc leaning, there is plenty of sativa buzz!!!

Ai Ze

if you wanna try paradise seeds go for nebula!

great tasting strain that really tastes of lemons and sweet fruit. NOT too potent, its a haze/widow cross that puts a smile on my face.... great for in the morning

what he said

and put swiss bliss on that list aswell

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was going to grow a Sativa I would try CBG Jamaica Blue Mounatin or punta rosa

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
i have smoked a lot of potent pot in my day,but lately i have been smoking for taste and mood.i like to get high rather than stoned.i like to be happy and energetic rather than depressed and tired.all the people in my age range(arounf mid 30's)are all wanting the same thing.so i think im going to start growing a more sativa happy strain,but i dont know what i want yet.it has to be tasty as hell and thought provoking,happy and energitic with potency,but it does not have to be devastating.paradise seeds has the highest ratings i have seen and their descriptions according to members here are spot on.i might try a sativa from them to start off with.any suggestions feel free to chime in at any time.
Usually in their 30's people start to appreciate their hazes bro. I know exactly what you mean. Just stick to hazes and you'll be good to go. In my area the young gunz love their kush but the older crowd won't touch that stuff. They specifically prefer the haze. If there's no haze then they'll move to the next supplier. I'm a bit older and I love all weed but I prefer haze brother. Started to really appreciate that endless ceiling in my 30's and all my older friends are the same. Tis why I am so excited to be growing REZDOG's SSSDH ix1. Good luck..