What's new

Nor cal 2014

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Oh man!! Never cover them! You just trap in humidity and breed mold and mildew. Let the rain warsh away your sins! Thats just mother nature hoooking you up with a little foliar.

Yep thats what my pops was saying but we got pissed on good, he said a free foliar feed. we kind of have a structure old school like you, all bamboo, check your bamboo by the way if you get rain ive seen black molds on the bamboo its self

fivethreeoh

I put up the green house but didn't put the plastic up. Plants loved it. I get so much dust here I needed a little sprinkle

my cookies seemed to love it got all swolen and started purping.. still sprinkling i got everything tied good but with these big colas im gonna plan for some loss to rot..

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
As a rather dry region I presume late September rains are out of the ordinary for Cali, whereas they are the norm out here on the east coast. Out here we can only grow strains proven to be PM resistant.

In Cali, since it isn't usually a thing, do people kinda just grow whatever they want? Obviously their strain catalog is much more extensive, but if you have strains that are susceptible to mold and they get pissed on for three days... that can be tragic.

OTOH, California DESPERATELY needs the rain. The only real reason I don't want to move out there is because of the unfathomable drought going on. If things keep going the way they are, Cali is about to be a desiccant, barren place before too long. Especially with the super powerful agricultural lobbyists, the cartel grows, and the green rush, which is impossible to overlook.

theJointedOne

Veteran
As a rather dry region I presume late September rains are out of the ordinary for Cali, whereas they are the norm out here on the east coast. Out here we can only grow strains proven to be PM resistant.

In Cali, since it isn't usually a thing, do people kinda just grow whatever they want? Obviously their strain catalog is much more extensive, but if you have strains that are susceptible to mold and they get pissed on for three days... that can be tragic.

OTOH, California DESPERATELY needs the rain. The only real reason I don't want to move out there is because of the unfathomable drought going on. If things keep going the way they are, Cali is about to be a desiccant, barren place before too long. Especially with the super powerful agricultural lobbyists, the cartel grows, and the green rush, which is impossible to overlook.

ShakiraLoba- September storms are not out of the ordinary. Usually norcal gets a decent rain shower or two this time of year, every year. To not is the exception.

Three days of rain does not equal mold all the time. It really depends on the health/size/genetic of your plants and buds. To answer your other question, yes we can grow many varieties here, and I guess all of them if you happen to have greenhouse to grow in. Climate control in a greenhouse is key for going the long season anywhere in cali but socal. They can go year round lol

Cartel grows and greenrushers are drops in the bucket compared to big ag, golf courses ect. Its just more 'marihuana' hype, at least when it comes to water, imho

Sooo.....its been off and on drizzle here for the past few days. I let the ladies bend over for the heck of it, no snapping branches, just some droopy buds hehe. Ill go out today and stake them up, a few days of sun should do them just fine!..

Happy harvest 530 bros

rippedeyed1

Don't believe everything you hear on TV or read in the news. We are low on water yes however the weather comes in cycles as it always has for tens of thousands of years. We are looking at an El Niño year this year. Which means lots of rain, hopefully. And when the lakes fill back up all this drought hype will be a fuzzy memory. Yes September is the start of fall and we get end of season rain every year. We are prepared for that though.

HatchBrew

Veteran
Heating back up this week! Be up near 100 in my area. I will take another week of sun on some on the plants, they're about ready, but let em enjoy the nice weather. Other stuff won't be down till end of October and then Haze's will finish in GH by DEC/JAN.

Indoor is under way. Grapefruit, Hashplant, Ace of Spades, Ken's Kush.

HatchBrew

Veteran
2 ea Arjan haze #1:

9KxgOKN.jpg

Grapefruit
0zkggMV.jpg

Nocturnal
UpCrrPT.jpg