What's new

Noob Unhappy with Flora Duo A+B in Coco what should I switch to? What about Canna?

Snow Crash

Veteran
Why do you give them straight water every 4th day Nuk? A habit from growing in soil?:biggrin: Pretty much everyone on here says no straight water in coco until final flush. I'm running 6/9 at half strength on clones in hempy cups right now.

A friend turned me on to 1/2 strength nutrient feedings between the full strength ones and I have had good success alternating full strength and half strength solutions.

I would do this by mixing up 15 gallons of nutrients, using 10 today, then adding 5 gallons of water back to the remaining 5 gallons of solution for tomorrow. It was easy to manage and the reservoir doesn't get funky in a day (usually).

I think you always want something in your water, even tap water is okay, just so long as it isn't RO filtered and <50ppm. I like going with a 1/2 strength solution especially when I'm looking to get a little extra runoff that day because the EC has been climbing a bit.

Coconutz

Veteran
Im currently doing the 1/2 strength thing once a week and have even diluted 6/9 slightly during my current run.
I havent used any boosters at all and Im seeing much healthier plants this time.
No deficiencies at all...

nukklehead

Why do you give them straight water every 4th day Nuk? A habit from growing in soil?:biggrin: Pretty much everyone on here says no straight water in coco until final flush. I'm running 6/9 at half strength on clones in hempy cups right now.

Yeah old habits hard to break.... lol..:)

Really though I think I could get by on some half strength feedings
or similar etc... as posted above

Just experimenting... I guess..

I havent shown any deficiencies yet. My wife says Im so tight ( be nice..lol) that I squeak. Yes I will pick up a penny off the street.
Just the way I was raised.. lol.. Figure why waste nutes if not needed. Now my philosophy may change once they start putting weight on. Im cheap and use as little as possible , but if they can
eat the nutes and SHOW me response then I will oblige by giving
it to them..

Glad to see you are up and running from our previous communications. I used the same formula on my clones when
starting out and did fine.

Like I said .. this is my 1st trip to the dark side ( coco)
My girls are just budding now ( 4th week) and will be watching
closely. I do plan a 10 day flush at the end. Thats another drama
argument but for my 1 st run Thats what "I" want to do and will
adjust from there. Like you stoned 40 I have read a lot.. but this is
my 1st trip with the coco so will see where it takes us..

P.S at the moment growing 3 different strains.. Can really see how the term "strain dependent" comes into the argument. Some doing better then others. NOt enough time to elaborate.
i.e Im feeding them all the same and keeping records for the future..

Peace

Nukklehead

Save yourself a lot of cash and stick to something simple like you got. It's not GH, they have been around much longer then most brands, and IMHO will perform as good as any other nutrient if used properly. You'll have just as many problems no matter what nutrients your using. Even if you switch and everything magically get's better, it won't make you a better grower, or understand what was going wrong so you know how to identify it if it happens again. Was is calmag? Was it x causing deficiencies or y causing lock out?

Just use your TDS meter and check your ph(and make sure your pens are calibrated). Never go by what the label says-every nutrient company is out to basically steal your money. These aren't cool hippies making this stuff, they are corporations turning a profit, don't forget that. Without pics it sounds like you could have a couple things going on.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Simply your life by switching to hydro with an ornamental rock medium.

see my 'Multi Spectrum' thread for a tutorial

Latest posts

Latest posts