What's new

Nomaad's Outdoor Adventure 2009 v1.2

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Thanks for the great show Nomaad!

This was one of the best outdoor threads this summer IMHO.

enjoy the harvest:rasta:

D

DHF

Bro........You did this in your BACK YARD.........That in and of itself speaks volumes........

I`ve had 50 lb yrs here in Hell Nomaad but back in the day it took planting 100`s and 100`s of seedlings/plants from last week March up to 2nd week July to do so while tryinta hide from deer hunters in Sept till Jan when the late plantings came in.........

I`ve had 20-30 plant stands be fine and go back the next week with all of em on the ground in mulch from termites eatin em from the inside out up through the hollow mainstems.....

Major respect Bro.........Hope legislation doesn`t slow yas down next yr.........

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving for the Harvest festival end of things..........

Peace.....DHF....:joint:.....

nomaad

Veteran
I`ve had 50 lb yrs here in Hell Nomaad but back in the day it took planting 100`s and 100`s of seedlings/plants from last week March up to 2nd week July to do so while tryinta hide from deer hunters in Sept till Jan when the late plantings came in.........

I`ve had 20-30 plant stands be fine and go back the next week with all of em on the ground in mulch from termites eatin em from the inside out up through the hollow mainstems.....

Sounds like a lot of hard work and perseverance went into those grows, bro... nothing but respect for the guerrillas. I just don't have the stones.

Whatever happens with the scene here in Cali, we'll roll with it. Seems like its GOT to have a couple of more good years in it... A smart grower will always be able to make a nice living.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

nomaad

Veteran
No, but I was planning on taking some headstash shots. My head stash is kind of obnoxiously big. I think I kept 7 half-gallon Mason jars (up to a QP each) for my head and to share with friends.

Somebody from another thread was going to start up a bud appraisal thread... I said I would post some pics for appraisal. When there is good natural light, I will take some pics and post them here.

New thread is up, link is in my sig. I will still be happy to respond to questions about this grow in this thread, but all new science and commentary will be in the new thread in the Growing in Greenhouses section.

burnedout

Just wanted to give you my respect and thanks for this thread nomaad. It really has provided a lot of information and inspiration. I look forward to reading your new thread. Peace..

G

guest1ab

No, but I was planning on taking some headstash shots. My head stash is kind of obnoxiously big. I think I kept 7 half-gallon Mason jars (up to a QP each) for my head and to share with friends.
Hey we're friends, right? :yummy:

OzzBozz

just was reading the first few lines on this thread and it had me thinking of my too situation in life. I'm very blessed and you are too! nice plants etc. up north ftw.

grwAer0

wow just wow congrats nomaad ur hard work has pulled it off. in the near future when i have things in perfect place i will try and execute something similar until then i will only dream.

once again very well executed project nomaad!

thats called really chopping trees down 60lbs! :tree:

nomaad

Veteran
So... I just dug up a jar of AfPak from this grow for a puff and I thought I would drop a quick smoke report.

At first, the Afpack seems a lot like Bubba Kush... chocolate and coffee aromas from the dried nug. If I do a blind smell test of the jars, I can't discern which is Bubba and which is the AfPak. (having not smopked either in a couple of months.)

however... when smoked, the AfPak has a distinctly sour, hazey funk... something I would not have expected from her. The high is very up...also contrary to what I would have expected.

The strain was difficult to grow and relatively low yielding, though I think I could get morte out of her on another go... She had a thing for the PM, too. While I am not kicking myself in the ass for losing the strain, I am also a little sad after tasting it after a 3 month cure. Its really very tasty. The high is very steady... a high-functioning indica for sure. Its almost like a sativa dom hybrid high, but the plant itself is nothing of the sort. Indica all the way. If this clone were to cross my path again I might just give her another shot- just not in a big-plant-outdoor scenario.

chemsteady

whoa!

whoa!

so this is where all our legal meds come from! :D

man, nomaad ---badass!

when i grow up, i want to be just like you :D until them, back to my measly 2-5 gallon pots.

cant wait for your next presentation, sir.

peace.

~c

anonamix

Wow, this thread is awesome. Inspires me to one day move to the country and grow my green right! Under that big badass sun!

Deff good stuff here, i'll be watchin :wave:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
great and impressive grow

i think ill only use the green house for next year beside the guerrilla spots because i had rippers last year

they will have to get past my new guard dog if they are to enter the green house, and if they try he will eat them alive

so due to the rippers no outside grow in the garden but my green house is apr 30 m2 so it should be able to give some smoke also

nomaad

Veteran
I have been meaning to update this thread with some interesting info on one of the unknown strains from 09. "Pepe le Pew" came to me labeled skunk. I was just in a friend's indoor garden where he is growing Jack's Cleaner... definitely related in both structure and stank.

2009_0730-Garden-007.jpg

Pepe Le Pew in my 09 blackbox

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nomaad I stopped by to see your last year grow..those smart pots are the ticket bro, thank you for making me aware of the source for those. I was going to buy ones for cattle from a feed store, they are nice and would work good but cost a bundle. Great looking grow..looks like it was fun and you must be excited about this year and spring...DD

P

planty

Are you doing any JC? That is one that can get huge...Has a bright lemony smell..not too strong a high but a great taste look and plant. Great one to score in a mix up

nomaad

Veteran
I have a source for JC2 cuts... just tasted some from an indoor... not really my cup o tea. I don't think it will make it into the lineup.

nomaad

Veteran
Nomaad I stopped by to see your last year grow..those smart pots are the ticket bro, thank you for making me aware of the source for those. I was going to buy ones for cattle from a feed store, they are nice and would work good but cost a bundle. Great looking grow..looks like it was fun and you must be excited about this year and spring...DD

Thanks for stopping by, DD. I love my smartpots for sure. I am now phasing them in in 2 and 5 gallons as well. I think that I will stop there and use hard pots for 10's and 20's because they absolutely cannot be moved for quite a while eastablishing in anything bigger than a 5. The pot structure cannot handle the soil mass and you get serious root damage if you try and move them... 2-5's and final pots only.

Latest posts

Latest posts