What's new

Nomaad's Outdoor Adventure 2009 v1.2

H

humboldtlocal

I wish I had workers that wanted to get paid in trim. Mine want cold hard cash and they will bitch and moan until they get it. I am getting a P3000 pollinator and a washing machine bubble kit with Payload bags.

On a hippie note, I used to have dreads, I still spin on occasion to a good Jerry solo, I have been know to stay up all night eating peyote with indians, and I have eaten enough tofu and mung beans in my life to feed an entire rainbow gathering. I also drive a diesel truck, ride quads, shoot guns, beat my dog, hump sheep, etc etc.

nomaad

Veteran
I wish I had workers that wanted to get paid in trim. Mine want cold hard cash and they will bitch and moan until they get it. I am getting a P3000 pollinator and a washing machine bubble kit with Payload bags.

On a hippie note, I used to have dreads, I still spin on occasion to a good Jerry solo, I have been know to stay up all night eating peyote with indians, and I have eaten enough tofu and mung beans in my life to feed an entire rainbow gathering. I also drive a diesel truck, ride quads, shoot guns, beat my dog, hump sheep, etc etc.

I can understand them not wanting to get paid in trim, but at least half the trimmers I know are happy to get paid in weed, calculated at the pound value... most of these kids can flip it somehow and double their trim earnings. Most of my crew will be coming in from El Honduragua and needing to earn straight cash.

Jenn: everything is getting hashed by some kids I know... not bubble... they do it morroccan-style..or at least that is what the hash comes out like... I prefer a more old-world artisan style hashis vs the icewater bubble that is most common around here. I will keep a small head stash of the 66% that comes back to me and donate the rest to patients at the local AIDS hospice's walk-in center. Not to the center itself, but to the patients I have met who will share it around.

Re: your hippie credentials. When you want to accomplish something, how much do you rely on "the universe providing"? Do you show up at people houses at dinner time and say "Wow man, didn't realize you'd be eating dinner." and then make yourself a plate? How is your personal hygiene? Do you use essential oils to mask poor hygiene? Have these essential oils become rancid on your skin because of low frequencies of washing it off with soap? Do you say things like "Whoa man... eyelashes are SO trippy... they totally freak me out, man." on a daily basis?

Let's say the world went to total shit... post apocalyptic hollywood movie type shit... the hippies, who believe it was their collective voice that has successfully chanted down Babylon, now sit in a big circle chanting up the new world they have created. Because none of them used their nails and teeth to pry the fingers of that corpse they passed on the road open and remove the AK-47 that they gripped, they are eaten by the first roving band of flesh-eating survivors that have armed themselves and have resigned themselves to the reality that the dogs have all been eaten and only one option remains.

J

Jenn

I will keep a small head stash of the 66% that comes back to me and donate the rest to patients at the local AIDS hospice's walk-in center. Not to the center itself, but to the patients I have met who will share it around.

Good for you!

- Jenn

nomaad

Veteran
Man... let me lay a hypothetical warning out there. If you buy a piece of land, make sure that the last owner didn't tap a spring 25 feet over the property line on BLM (Federal) land and run it to the last pot garden that was there.

Federal agents made the Sheriff cut down his 24 plants in 200 gallon smartpots. The Sheriff said that they had never been asked to cut down so few plants, but what could they do. One of them even suggested that they get right back to work... (I'm sure that it means nothing to them that that is way easier said than done)...

So while the feds are perhaps on a shorter leash, they will work any angles possible to take down our gardens.

A prayer for us all: No Rippers. No Rain. No Feds.

J

Jenn

How do you guys deal with rippers when growing these big gardens ? Sleep with one eye open or have people take shifts or what?

- Jenn

Hash Man

nomaad- after i read your friends warning of his nuggies and mold, i went out and checked, and found 1 nug that was beginning to be invaded by caterpillars and had mold... needless to say i hit it with serenade and kali green... thanks for posting it.. and lol, im almost done securing everything for the rain, and now the warning is pretty much over... plus all the chemtrails over the sky pretty much dissolved all clouds around here anyway...god luck with the rain prtection if you decide to do it, but you might not have to.... im so frazzled from all this work that i dont quite have time right now lol... and with you r hippie friendhanging out with bubba so much, you may even need to find more help ;)later... and good luck im out to look for mildew...

H

humboldtlocal

How do you guys deal with rippers when growing these big gardens ? Sleep with one eye open or have people take shifts or what?

- Jenn

Mini excavator. Thats how we deal with bitchy trimmers too.:noway:

H

humboldtlocal

You can also use the "hippie in the tent with the shotgun method". We actually have neighborhood watch around here. There have been plenty of robberies in our neighborhood over the years.

nomaad

Veteran
Rained here today. Ok...it "rained"... I forget how it goes here. Rain=percipitation, however minor of the unfrozen variety. I just moved here fromt he cloudforest.

Anyhow... we got three short bouts of very light rain. Shook the plants, but by the time the sun was down, the plants were dry. The never got as wet as they do when given a foliar spray...

Hashman- don't get too stressed out. even though we take ourselves seriously, we have to remember that we're growing the mellow-tree. stay medicated... stay loose... and, if you get a chance- see a chiropractor and get adjusted. it'll change your whole steeze.

Jenn- I have the Sherpa in a tent in the garden. As of tomorrow I will have 4 IR cameras on the garden itself in addition to the 4 IR cameras that are on the approaches to the garden. I alsdo have a couple of wireless motion detectors on a separate alarm system. Another upgrade we're making tomorrow are lines with bells on them on the fenceline and a few tripwires in the garden hooked up to the same bells. I am having trouble finding bells. So far I have "jingle bells" from michaels... very slushy sounding. I'd like to put bells inside all the plants... any attempt at ripping would make a bunch of noise.

Anyhow... anybody in our garden is going to get lit the fuck up with less than lethal rubber rounds from a very high powered airgun... at a very high rate of fire. The clip in my back pocket has pepperballs in it. The Sherpa is armed in the same way.

My friend got robbed at her small backyard grow last week. No shit, one of the rippers was a little person. "This tweeker midget, about minimi sized, that we have seen in town comes running out of the bushes" is how the whole story was told to me. They got half her crop and escaped into the night...

Ipsissimus

they gotta get in first. electric fence, razor wire. people will think twice about some scary dogs too (obviously).

or make the fence easy to climb, but make the top of it a cord that pulls a switch...it's either going to be a ripper or a tree limb. then send the current through the fence, or have it hit the floods, light some m80s, sirens, play some scarface, etc. light em up!

Hash Man

yea man, im up too... lol... damn rain. im eating now so i dont fall asleep when daylight hits... have fun shaking those colas guys... its gonna be a long day. Are you all going to appy the kaligreen in the morning or wait for a day or so...

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
hah...maybe if I wern't living in a tent, I'd sleep through the rain...naw...going nuts thinking about those soaked colas

I'll probably hit everything with my green cure and just pray. Wish you well, hash...I don't think nomaad is getting rained on

Latest posts

Latest posts