What's new

Nomaad's Outdoor Adventure 2009 v1.2

try comb

would be cool if u made a separate thread on this maybe...........or just keep it here..........but it would be interesting to see your highlight key points and get into detail with the ppl who are interested..........i know i am.

nomaad

Veteran
Fo sho. I was thinking about starting the thread now in the planning stage, but I think I will officially start it (and recap anything that is worthwhile in the opening post) when I start to build the greenhouse. After a vacation.

I am still trying to decide between Barcelona and Buenos Aires for New Year.

Oh... by the by... saw District 9 tonight... its was sick.

3rd I

Ya i was debating getting some bras for my girls too...i've seen tom uses them in some pics in his photo gallery...interested in some more opinions on this one

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
I have double layer, 8' bras on my big gurls, which they've grown out of. That's why I think the hortinova would be useful this stage in the game.

nomaad

Veteran
Nah... no metal cages. Just can't do it. I do have extensive bamboo structure going on inside all of the ladies... I am hating the idea of the hortinova mesh... but watching the wind pick up out there makes me continue consideration.

try comb

im being told by the locals it doesn't really get windy here.........not like i have monsters this year like u guys to hold up though.........i should have that problem next year though........i wont be using cages though......as i will be cleaning the insides of the plants OFTEN throughout veg...........i will install supports once flowering is started............:dueling:

H

humboldtlocal

I use fencing around everything that is standing up. It is 6' deer and rabbit fence. A bit of a pain in the ass to get them all cut and wrapped around but when the rains come it makes it all worth it. Small holes go on the bottom.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Right on hum...was wondering your opinion on this. I messed up and put some small holes on top. Will be paying more attn next year.

H

humboldtlocal

If you can find it they make a 7 1/2' tall wire mesh that is for concrete work. It has larger gauge holes top to bottom and is a much stronger wire. You don't need a stake to hold it up at all it just sits there. It is harder to cut and a little more expensive and it seems like every place around here has been sold out of it all summer. If you can find it that works much better.
Next year I am putting Texas Tomato cages on all of the plants right after planting and then using the wire later. I lost a lot of branches early on that the texas tomato cages could have saved.

nomaad

Veteran
I have been thinking about making something like texas tomato cages, but 4.5 feet wide. Use the regular one in the center and then the 4.5 ones outside that. I have a friedn that has access to a metal shop where they could be made... Cali Canna Cages. There. Another product for somebody to steal.

nomaad

Veteran
So I went to pick up my order of Bud Candy and look for a spinosad product and greencure... I think that greencure is not available in California due to labeling issues. However, the same stuff, potassium bicarbonate is available as a product called Kaligreen- which is a relabeled Japanese product. Peaceful Valley carries it.

pfm580_hi.jpg

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Think you're right on that GC. When I was looking for it a few years ago, a friend brought it from out of state. I have a lot left...but do kinda like Kaligreen as a name though,heh :joint:

Did you purchase? Debating on spraying things with the GC. Now is about the time to do it, for a preventative.

nomaad

Veteran
Yeah. I bought it. a 5lb bag. I am gonna spray the fuck out of my fenceline which, in the shady parts is pretty heavily infected with the PM.

considering a prophylactic foliar application on the girls. I believe there is a post somewhere from doc leaf (maybe?) that talks about possibly burning plants using the recommended dosage on the greencure label... he did some research and some testing and came up with a safe and effective dosage. Gonna have to compare the active percentages in the two different products to come up with a dose i would trust.

Any thoughts?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
oh yeah. Happened to me too, first time using. 3/4 tabelspoon per gal I believe we decided on for mj for the greencure.

nomaad

Veteran
Heh... not Doc Leaf. D.S. Toker M.D. and that was his dosage determination as well.

How deep into flower would you use it?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Can be used quite deep into bloom. I would say up to day of harvest but havn't tried that.

Think the idea was to hit everything at about two or three weeks in. Then again, a couple weeks from harvest on the densest flowers.

nomaad

Veteran
yeah... i am going to continue looking into it for a few more days... but it feels like I am going to dose them.

I also have my first round of predator trychagramma wasps ordered. If I have caterpillars now, I won;t when the wasps are done. I plan on doing 30,000 wasps when this order comes in and then ordering another 30,000 to arrive about 2 weeks later. between this and safer, i will be getting rid of all the caterpillars and all the larvae before the buds are dense enough for them to infest.