What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nomaad Presents- Greenhouse:2010

H

humboldtlocal

Good luck bro. You are one ambitious mofo. Looks like you have caught the growing sickness. Once you start you will never stop. It is a very good thing. Those farmtek clearspans are great greenhouses. I have seen 50 pounds pulled out of that same size full season. Friends of mine had great success with winter grows by running hot water in pipes through raised beds to keep the roots warm. Your heating system should be enough though. I love those t5's for vegging. I have used them to start seeds and ended up with the buffest starts ever. Looking forward to seeing some awesome winter buds. Show us what is possible.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
BTW-- Whichever you decide, be sure to get the 6' sidewalls with roll-up curtains......trust me. Run hanging circulation fans from the trusses, Can't wait to see what you pull-off...

T

theJointedOne

I was using an MH (granted it was an xtrasun ballast and cheap bulb) side by side with a 4xt5 (because that was what i had) and i would say that the T5 is actually better. if you factor in the heat and xtra power consumption, i could never see myself using an MH for veg again.

wow really

TJO thinks he might need to get a new toy! :joint:

nomaad

Veteran
just bought 2 more 8 bulb t5's... gonna add em tomorrow. oops, no...tomorrow I am going to cook a grand harvest feast for 14 people. Been working on it for the last 24 hours. Turkey is my specialty. Strangely I grew up eating/cooking a turkey every third friday night for many many years.

Give thanks... and though its customary, please don't kill any indigenous people and steal their land and resources. Much love to all. Enjoy the abundance.

doublejj

Veteran
Oh yes!

Oh yes!

You've got my attention! I'm taking notes.

+Rep

Peace
doublejj
P.S. Check out my "Costco" greenhouse if you get a chance!

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
looks like a solid start. spidermites happen, at least you're fixing the problem and got right on it. I'll be following this grow for sure!

grow well

nomaad

Veteran
OK... the mites are just pissing me off to no end... we have bombed, sprayed and treated. I think its time for some drastic measures. I'm going to cull most of the Blue Dream and Clueberry keeping a couple of mom's from each. Thankfully, the problem is much less serious on the Cough and Pineapple Cough, so I will keep those plants intact as mom's and hopefully move them to the new clean garden once the mites are taken care of.

Two weeks from now I will have 1 or 2 grow tents in operation, one is going to be a CO2 flood environment for foolproof mite extermination and the other will be for confirmed mite-free plants and clones.

I am trying to decide whether to eradicate the mites on the moms before cutting clones or cutting the clones now and eradicating the mites on them. Please weigh in.

I'm also real interested in thoughts about the high CO2 environment (8000-10,000ppm) beijng capable of killing mites as I have been led to believe. Has anybody used this method? I think I may start a thread on the question.

Unfortunately, I don't have another space to work with besides the 24x24 garage, so I am going to have to create a space within a space or multiple spaces within the garage...

I'm actually stoked on starting with fresh clones. The mite issue sort of muddies the whole grow that is to come. I want to work with plants that have been in good health from clone to fruit.

Anyhow... I'll update once I have the tent/s.

G

guest1ab

I'm also real interested in thoughts about the high CO2 environment (8000-10,000ppm) beijng capable of killing mites as I have been led to believe. Has anybody used this method? I think I may start a thread on the question.

I have no idea about it killing mites but you can put it all the way up to 1200-1500ppm, turn up the temps. and that mite (get that?) do the little buggers' in. :spank::coffee:

zenoonez

Veteran
I have been told that high CO2 levels actually can harm your plants, there is a thread about it on here somewhere where it looks like light bleaching. If I were you nomaad, I would grab a trash can, seal it with some neoprene tape to form a nice seal and pump it full of argon gas, non-flammable and easily obtained under the guise of welding. Do that treatment on all your babies and start a routine to kill the eggs that will hatch, in a couple of weeks your moms should all be clear of mites and you can take as many cuttings off of them as you like. Good luck buddy.

D

DHF

5000 ppm bursts initially and then again after incubation period of the next egg hatch Bro.........Anything extra`s just a waste from what I`ve seen and been told........

If I remember correctly it`s a 3 week cycle........

Got several Bro`s in Cali that`ve used it to get rid of whitefly infestations and the Borg but mites can`t hold a candle to em once in your grow area as far as multiplying and spewing honeydew do-do all over your plants although it seems they`re less harmful to the plants than the mites.......

Good luck Nomaad....DHF...:deadxmas:

jackel

iv had real good success with floramite. shits like 300 for a quart but it has a 28 day active period. whatever its called, it means it stays working for 28 days after u spray which is great for killing the new hatchlings.
i think the co2 wouldd do more harm to ur plants. we tried avid and it didnt work. floramite is the shit though.

phate

Veteran
use some floramite. it is 20 bucks on ebay. you only need to spray one time, and you dont even need to soak the whole plant. this shit is frikkin amazing. more people should know about it.

nomaad

Veteran
i have heard that floramite is toxic as hell. i spend a lot of time in that garage... i am trying to avoid highly toxic shit... I will read more about it. Thanks for the input.

I gotta say, my head has been more into planning some witer fun for my family in Tahoe for the next six weeks. I'm slacking a bit... but I'm not gonna be too hard on myself. I was locked down by my growing habits for more than 7 months... I need me some time in the pow pow.

Been a long time since I have seen any real snow. Last year we were visiting the states for thanksgiving and got to experience a couple of fresh inches in a McDonalds parking lot of the interstate while we were driving from NY to Detoit for a family thing... It was good wet east coast snow...perfect for snowballs, which my kids had fun with... that's the most serious snow they have seen. Tohoe is going to be a whole different experience.

My wife is taking the kids to SoCal for hell week (aka xmas with the inlaws) but I am heading to Tahoe to run a little relaxation recon- find a house to take the family to for a couple of weeks over the course of the season. While I am there I'll have to test out my new snowboard rig and play some poker.

Anyhow... Floramite. If I were to hit the ladies with Floramite before I leave for the week in Tahoe, I'd have some kind of peace of mind while I'm gone that at least thing are not getting worse. I have somebody coming in to water... Again, thanks for the input. I'm being reminded that indoor growing takes more skills and attention that the outdoor cakewalk I have experienced. Humbling.

I gotta say, my head has been more into planning some witer fun for my family in Tahoe for the next six weeks. I'm slacking a bit... but I'm not gonna be too hard on myself. I was locked down by my growing habits for more than 7 months... I need me some time in the pow pow.

I'm being reminded that indoor growing takes more skills and attention that the outdoor cakewalk I have experienced. Humbling.

Hey Nomaad,
That is a long time to be cooped up doing the grow. It will be great to get out there and hit slopes, turn some cards, and enjoy some time in Tahoe with your family. Indoor growing is a challenge there are so many factors of nature that we have to artificially create. You constantly have to monitor everything with the closest of eyes. Good luck on the winter greenhouse when you get back. Iam sure it will turn out good. Keep us updated as soon as get back from VACATION!!!!:thanks:

:smokeit: