What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nomaad Presents- Greenhouse:2010

nomaad

Veteran
PVGS still has not sent me my soil test results... They told me they were coming today (more than a week later than the 1-2 week lag specified) but they did not arrive. Maybe tomorrow? ... I'm pretty much done with that company.

Over the last few weeks, I have been potting plants in all different kinds of soil. Of everything I tried, I like the ffof best... and its akind of a too-up as to which soil is better between the ffof and black gold. The black gold seems to dry out a lot faster... so ffof it is. I brought in 4 pallets today and I've got 4 more waiting for me. I also have the ingredients to mix up some of my own mix with the sonoma compost.

all of a sudden, the weather forecast turned to shit for the next 10 days. wtf?

Sensi star ogre pheno

Sensi star ogre pheno

Heres a pic of a sensi star ogre pheno I gave to a girlfriend of mine last summer, with proper pruning and training it would have done well, heavy hitting smoke and smells like Trainwreck
picture.php

try comb

PVGS still has not sent me my soil test results... They told me they were coming today (more than a week later than the 1-2 week lag specified) but they did not arrive. Maybe tomorrow? ... I'm pretty much done with that company.

Over the last few weeks, I have been potting plants in all different kinds of soil. Of everything I tried, I like the ffof best... and its akind of a too-up as to which soil is better between the ffof and black gold. The black gold seems to dry out a lot faster... so ffof it is. I brought in 4 pallets today and I've got 4 more waiting for me. I also have the ingredients to mix up some of my own mix with the sonoma compost.

all of a sudden, the weather forecast turned to shit for the next 10 days. wtf?

i understand. thats a PITA they are taking so long........ i started 55 blue dreams in ffof last year and they grew well in it.........

i hear ya' on the weather. im glad i didn't count on a march/april flower.......although have seen quite a few nice days.......not nearly as many as id like......and lots of freezing cold nights.

this week ive started flowering more and more though.......

as a mix for my full season plants this year im just starting to mix up.

organic green waste compost -70 percent
ewc -10 percent
perlite - 20 percent
adding 2 tbs / gall powdered dolomite lime
adding 2 tbs/ gallon dr. earth 4-4-4

this will be my base mix for all strains and from that i will feed accordingly.

hope the weather warms up. :D

try

nomaad

Veteran
what ewc are u using?

i am also thinking about using a 5lb bag of Old Age Organics dry grow (8-4-1) per 200 gal planter (about 1tbsp/gal).

I think I will do something like your mix with the sonoma compost I have...

I too am glad I decided not to flower a round in the early spring. All things considered, I think a nice long veg and a round of late finishers in there is a better overall plan. If I do decide to run a spring greenhouse next year, I'll be doing it with HID lights.

try comb

what ewc are u using?

i am also thinking about using a 5lb bag of Old Age Organics dry grow (8-4-1) per 200 gal planter (about 1tbsp/gal).

I think I will do something like your mix with the sonoma compost I have...

I too am glad I decided not to flower a round in the early spring. All things considered, I think a nice long veg and a round of late finishers in there is a better overall plan. If I do decide to run a spring greenhouse next year, I'll be doing it with HID lights.

vierras wormfarm out of san andreas.........good stuff.

what are you gonna be running full season this year?

nomaad

Veteran
I have not finalized my lineup for the summer.. but its going to be all over the place. I don't want to spoil the surprise... I will be starting my OD thread any day now and putting this one to rest...

I feel like I kinda sold out on the whole greenhouse thing... I will come back to this thread at the end of the season when the Collins Cough is flowering, cozy inside the dome...

I will return.

nomaad

Veteran
Heres a pic of a sensi star ogre pheno I gave to a girlfriend of mine last summer, with proper pruning and training it would have done well, heavy hitting smoke and smells like Trainwreck

Beautiful plant. How much dirt was she in and what did she yield? I gotta say, though, I hope this is not the same strain I am talking about... I am not a fan of trainwreck or snowcap or anything else whose aroma I would call "wrecky"... just doesn't appeal to me.

what I was told about this "Ogre" is that its a good yielding, well suited to outdoor kush with an OG type nose.

It doesnt taste the same as trainwreck, but it def. smells just like it, there is not genetic lineage available for the Sensi Star, as far as I know, and their are about 5 dif phenos present with that strain, ogre being the special one. I think the total with faeries and all was roughly 2lbs, like I said, bigger hole, I think it was 50 to 75 gal.,maybe 100, and with better training it would have done better, probably in the 3 to 4 range, and thats in the Rockies at elevation! Just thought I'd throw a pic up with what I know as the ogre, maybe yours is gonna be different, good luck!

try comb

I have not finalized my lineup for the summer.. but its going to be all over the place. I don't want to spoil the surprise... I will be starting my OD thread any day now and putting this one to rest...

I feel like I kinda sold out on the whole greenhouse thing... I will come back to this thread at the end of the season when the Collins Cough is flowering, cozy inside the dome...

I will return.

im going to contruct a greenhouse here soon. im sexing tom hills haze and would like to grow a few female phenotypes in the greenie this fall/winter......however long they take......

maybe i can get my hands on that cough, id like to experiment with a few late season varieties.........the rain was the only thing stopping me last year........with a greenhouse im confident they would be fine however long i left them out.........

have u smoked any outdoor grown cough that was grown and finished properly?

try

P

planty

Ogre smells more like, although much better than, the FT Bragg SnowCrap than OG or TrainWreck..all those strains if you have a wild enough imagination carry similar tones (OG and TrainWreck are actually DANK smelling strains though...)

I'm guessing the OG type nose the OGRE could have is a piney smell..but it's missing that lemon candy pinesol ooh whee that truly makes OG..OG

It has a great frame and produces long thick dense buds but they are very leafy...and it smells SnowCrapish...I would put no more than 2 beds of it...but those for sure will be 5 each for you...it just has the right build and nug type. That's my take on the OGRE.

nomaad

Veteran
maybe i can get my hands on that cough, id like to experiment with a few late season varieties.........the rain was the only thing stopping me last year........with a greenhouse im confident they would be fine however long i left them out.........

have u smoked any outdoor grown cough that was grown and finished properly?

try

all the cough I have ever smoked was indoor and greenhouse. it was all up in portland... the OD growing season up there is a lot shorter than here... strongly doubt it was ever outdoor.

nomaad

Veteran
Funny this thread should pop up... I just got those cuts of ogre. I am assured its an OG cross and not anything connected with sensi star. we shall see.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
MaaD
Howzit brother..?? Just peeping seeing when that new thread from you will be starting.. I am prolly more excited than you are.. :D link me when ya start brother.. Sending you the good vibes for the upcoming season.. peace n pufs..

sackO

nomaad

Veteran
This thread is continued in my OD:2010 thread. also linked in my sig. thanks for stopping by.

Latest posts

Latest posts