What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Node region

Redblueblur993

Can anybody tell me why the nodes region is tiny The plant has been stretching towards the light. It's really skinny. How would I be able to get the nodes to start growing
1000004800.jpg

Ca++

They were branching out at the nodes, for the first half dozen. I just their circumstances changed. Often we use a smaller grow space than ideal. As the plants start competing for space, The RH conditions can favour rapid growth of the internodes, just as the plant wants to bolt for the light. This drastic change in the grows direction, may occur over a couple of days. Leaving us racing to keep up. What they want is more space, and more light accordingly. What they get may vary.

Is it compost? Most won't want feeding for weeks. I will see if you have more to tell us.

Is that a compost heap to the right? They might want watering :)

Redblueblur993

They were branching out at the nodes, for the first half dozen. I just their circumstances changed. Often we use a smaller grow space than ideal. As the plants start competing for space, The RH conditions can favour rapid growth of the internodes, just as the plant wants to bolt for the light. This drastic change in the grows direction, may occur over a couple of days. Leaving us racing to keep up. What they want is more space, and more light accordingly. What they get may vary.

Is it compost? Most won't want feeding for weeks. I will see if you have more to tell us.

Is that a compost heap to the right? They might want watering :)
I transplanted the clone into a 5 gallon pot 2 weeks ago. The soil is Fox farm Ocean Forest. It's inside a 8x4x6 ft 5 tent with several other plants. The lights are hung very high I can't lower them. I just moved it under a 600 blurple. I'm using organic nutrients called foop nutrients. Ever since I transplanted all the clones are too bigger pots they've been drinking more water.

Ca++

You need a soil guy to confirm this, but I think your FF OF has enough feed for a while. That's a big pot full of it, for such a small plant. Your stretch may well be associated with feeding early. Along with other reasons already covered.

If the lights high, can you raise the plant to it? Make it a swing or something.

Redblueblur993

You need a soil guy to confirm this, but I think your FF OF has enough feed for a while. That's a big pot full of it, for such a small plant. Your stretch may well be associated with feeding early. Along with other reasons already covered.

If the lights high, can you raise the plant to it? Make it a swing or something.
Okay I'll stop feeding the veg plants just give them pH water. I can put the girls on top of something so it's closer to the light.

Latest posts

Latest posts