What's new

Node and callus tissue culture pictures

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i just ripped these neat images off the interwebs.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
aha well there you have it.
Chimera
do you feel it would be more expensive if you didnt account for the extensive r and d that went into pioneering it for a specific plant with this intended purpose.

alot of the cost of processes that go into lab protocols is the invisible hours chipping away at writing a protocol that works efficiently for production. thats the intellectual property costs at this point.

once you have arrived would you still think that these couldnt be produced more cheaply given space and transport shelf life etc

you would know ive never gone very far at all into this. very minimal time doing actual bench work. no real completed projects that were more than successful of correctly going through the motions.

much respect i wish i could spend time in a lab like yours. you are doing some incredible lab tricks that you are re engineering and writing protocols for. its incredibly interesting to me. the other work beyond this you are doing with cryo etc is beyond my ability to comprehend but it is blowing my mind. cool stuff. i wish i had the means to cryo freeze tc samples. this is merely hobby level interest for me serving as adjunct to my work.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Chimera,
Cool.
How are they most easy grown? In soil? In-vitro? Rockwool?
How long can they be stored? How? Can you freeze them?
% of them that do grow plants? How long have you kept one and then grown it?

For the other posters in this thread, seeds can and do harbor viruses and other pathogens. If the plant is cleaned up first before the artificial seeds are made then these should be pathogen free. What is the size and weight of these? Seeds are maybe 25-75 to a gram.
I remember 20 years ago I set up an in-vito lab and was hoping to be able to freeze meristem, callus, or cells and then regrow them after thawing, no luck they all turned to black slime and died. My hope was to be able to keep a suspended library in several different areas of the world as a back up of my 300 plant library at the time. It would of fit into a lunch box. I was able to grow meristems, or Callus or cells, root them, reproduce them easy, I had problems with getting callus to make shoots. I think that is solved now.

The only problem will be that artificial seeds grow Cannabis that tastes artificial,
LOL, just joking....

-SamS

View Image

Here's some SweetSkunk artificial seeds I made in my TC lab

They are definitely not cheaper to make than vegetative clones- artificial seeds are much more labor intensive and costly in materials.

-Chimera

Last edited:

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
the tc lab is a really cool reality for doing this. i am also interested in seeing the work of the many hobbyists doing it using low tech and or diy flow hoods and other equipmet.go through the steps of kitchen scale petri pouring with tips etc. i think it would be awesome for a hobbyist thread for home diy tissue culture projects. as far as doing it in a closet size operation as an adjunct to your mom room i think it would be what a lot folks on this site would be looking for in the tc threads ive seen around.
it can be done with minimal equipment if 100% success isnt of dire importance. even if you could get it to 50 success that would meet the need of most people just trying to preserve or pass genetics.
theres you tube videos of folks doing it with different plants at home. so if youre curious to delve into this on the cheap and you can competently pour petris and sterilize things with a pressure cooker you can totally get your feet wet if you can get all the chems.
the papers from ol miss give the exact incubation times and temps agar recipes and hormone concentrations plus some overview of protocols. you can find the methods protocols fot tc pretty easy.
i wouldnt even bother with the kits. if youve ever canned food before you can totally do it. amazon and google searching journals and published papers on a few things and a good tc book. you can totally do it at home for cheap.

Heusinomics

Simply incredible thread!!!

Fantastic work Charles, Sam and chimera!
Your pioneering work is an inspiration to all us with lifetimes invested in the love of canna!

My hats off to you all!:tiphat:
Thank you for pushin forward and for preserving the rare genetics that bring us bliss!
Big ups, respect and happy growing!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Have you done it? What did you do? Do you have a youtube of the work posted? There was no youtube when I did in-vitro work with Cannabis.
-SamS

the tc lab is a really cool reality for doing this. i am also interested in seeing the work of the many hobbyists doing it using low tech and or diy flow hoods and kitchen scale petri pouring tips etc. i think it would be awesome for a hobbyist thread for home diy tissue culture projects. as far as doing it in a closet size operation as an adjunct to your mom room i think it would be more of what folks on this site would be looking for.
it can be done with minimal equipment if 100% success isnt of dire importance. even if you could get it to 50 success that would meet the need of most people just trying to preserve or pass genetics.
theres you tube videos of folks doing it with different plants at home so if youre curious to delve into this on the cheap and you can competently pour petris and sterilize things with a pressure cooker you can totally get your feet wet if you can get all the chems.
the papers from ol miss give the exact incubation times and temps agar recipes and hormone concentrations plus some overview of protocols. you can find the methods protocols fot tc pretty easy.
i wouldnt even bother with the kits. if youve ever canned food before you can totally do it.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
we did some sour deisel clones under a flow hood. never anything more than successfully getting them to shoots, my friend took it from there and i didnt get to emerge them. i didnt document at all other than taking notes and that was it.

as for you doing all this before google youtube etc. hats off for being a self taught motivated tinkerer who did many things far more interesting than this, your contributions to all this paved the way for the lot of us. my experience with this is minimal.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Chimera,
Cool.
How are they most easy grown? In soil? In-vitro? Rockwool?
How long can they be stored? How? Can you freeze them?
% of them that do grow plants? How long have you kept one and then grown it?

For the other posters in this thread, seeds can and do harbor viruses and other pathogens. If the plant is cleaned up first before the artificial seeds are made then these should be pathogen free. What is the size and weight of these? Seeds are maybe 25-75 to a gram.
I remember 20 years ago I set up an in-vito lab and was hoping to be able to freeze meristem, callus, or cells and then regrow them after thawing, no luck they all turned to black slime and died. My hope was to be able to keep a suspended library in several different areas of the world as a back up of my 300 plant library at the time. It would of fit into a lunch box. I was able to grow meristems, or Callus or cells, root them, reproduce them easy, I had problems with getting callus to make shoots. I think that is solved now.

The only problem will be that artificial seeds grow Cannabis that tastes artificial,
LOL, just joking....

-SamS
i was looking to buy a flow hood for my own cloning lab on cl in the bay when i started emailing back and forth itt turned out the woman selling the things husband had been using it to patent a process of emerging some sort of plant cells from cryo without the use of cryo protectants or something like that to somehow then use that technology for human tissue transplants of some sort. it was a while ago and i never ended up talking to him and she didnt have a very good grasp on his work. but it was fascinating to me to think it could be done and then it was very soon after ward that i saw chimera posting pics of a cryogenically frozen container that seemed from the context to contain cannabis cells. i believe it was the same plant he just posted sweet skunk if i remember correctly. neat stuff i dont know the process. really really incredible to think of the possibilities that presents.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i get to play in friends labs through schools and work situations. i see a lot of folks in the sciences here for some other work reasons. im setting up a little project at my new space once the buildout is through and im able to focus on this. i shelved the project of setting my lab up when i got this new spot because i needed to focus on the build out. i was going to try to buy an old one used but i realized i could build one much better quality cheaper than risking paying close to a couple grand for an old "as is" unit.

Dkgrower

Veteran
First i am really impressed by all the experimental work pepol do, MAD PROBS from the greenhouse to ya all.

I love science and have a master degree in geoscience that i dont use for jack but love that we can discuss some more advanced stuff..

"INFLUENCE OF CULTIVAR, EXPLANT SOURCE AND PLANT GROWTH
REGULATOR ON CALLUS INDUCTION AND PLANT REGENERATION
OF CANNABIS SATIVA L"

http://www2.ib.uj.edu.pl/abc/pdf/47_2/145-151.pdf

This article is quite informative and it also have some methods that pepol could try n follow..

It would be mad if we could store, cuts in the freezer as callus and have some rdy to use kits to get it all working..

@Charles what is your plan or what is your main focus for doing this type of studie.
i wish you and your co-workers all the best.

@Chimera they look damm fine and very cute.

Ollie

Veteran
wicked wonderland ... thanks for the Picture Chimera !

following interested along, keep the ideas flowing

who's finished it out?

who's finished it out?

Has anyone actually finished out a successful large scale tc grow? How long did it take you? What was the success rate? What percentage of the clones came back with vigor & produced quality medicine?

I tried this with a friend years ago. The tc clones were unworkable. Sounds like you are way further ahead than I ever was. The real problem was, they had roots, but they barely resembled a reveged plant.
How long dose it take from start to finish to have a healthy plant?

Dr_Ocelot

Hello everyone!

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I too am setting up some tissue culture myself. I've used the common whitepapers everyone knows about but haven't rooted any plants from culture yet. Surprisingly, on my first try, my shooting plants would not root! Probably just the concentration of hormones that I need to play around with. I have also noticed that not all strains will even shoot properly in the same recipe!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Ocelot....I found the same to be true with my first tissue culture experiments.
Not all strains like the same medium, nor do all strains root or shoot with the same formula of medium. It's a bit of trial and error, but I still believe it's a worthwhile endeavor.
I still haven't had the time to get back and play with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts