What's new

Nobody has "real" kush anymore..Canadian version

little-soldier

Funny you mention that, made me recall this interview, talks about the start of Canadian Kush around 23:30.

Then in part two he mentions the genetics at around 5:20 and yep originally Bubba then Bubba hybrids..

Very interesting video bud. Thanks for sharing. So if what this guy says is true, then bubba kush would be the OG. He said nobody really had kush before he spread it around.

Last edited:

lowridersa

Good morning
I have been reading up on Canadian cannabis recently and seen alot is changing in the industry for the worst. The musky flavour is the most commonly fouynd terpene in most cannabis and mostly found in large quantities in Kush varieties. I totally agree with you that there are different varieties of Kush in US and Canada. I was fortunate enough to receive fresh pink kush from Reeferman ( Scott Family Farms ) several years ago, which I still must grow, but really want to save this important plant. But I can also recommend mrclones.com pink kush, who has been selling the original for several years. What I love about the original is its exactly what kush should be short and squat with a very musky smell, but hints of other flavours.

Last edited:

@peace

Hello guys, I am from Canada and we used to have purple kush and OG kush around here in 2010 and both tasted very similar. then it went commercial and now, nobody has it anymore. Since then I have been on a quest to get that kush back and I bought seeds everywhere and grew them out but nothing comes even close to it. Although I did get that lemon funk everyone keeps raving about in the states.

Turns out the USA kush is VERY different than the Canadian version

USA Kush: tall, lanky and that damn lemon taste (which I am really not a fan of). plants thrive in hotter climates. Sativa leaning with thinner leaves

Canadian Kush: short squat with a musky and floral taste. plants grow better in colder climates. Indica leaning with fat leaves

I am sure most people from the states have never tried the Canadian kush and its a damn shame because I am sure it would still be around today and there would be a whole debate as to which one is the original.

Ya'll about the lemon and we're all about that muskyness

I know some of you will think we just had a bubba kush because its a short and squat plant but I've had bubba before and its one of the best weed I have ever smoked but I don't think its related to the kush we had around here.

So in conclusion we have a very different idea/experience of what the real OG kush is here in Canada compared to you guys in the states.

If any of you have any idea of what I am talking about and know where to find the Canadian version of OG Kush we had just over 10-15 years ago before it mysteriously dissapeared then please let me know because I am done with those darn seeds.
I know what you are talking about. I was in Guelph in that time period, our connection was supplied out of Toronto. I also remember how after the initial flood of that "kush" came in how everybody called any good cannabis "kush", which likely adds to the confusion of ever finding it again. I have never seen that same "kush" again since probably around 2012. The closest I have found is in the legal market, even then it isn't the same as what I remember. The closest I have found from LP's is Wes Coast Kush by MTL, but it has a bit of lemon. 1964 Supply Co. has a Death Bubba (Death Star x Bubba Kush) that is floral/ musky kush. Something in between the two is probably closer to what I remember.

little-soldier

I havent tried it but online clones canada apparently has the old original bc purple kush
I just harvested his bc purple kush and its not a kush at all. it stretches like 3x its height in flower and has spear headed buds like girl scout cookie. decent smoke but its a shame to even call this a kush

Latest posts

Latest posts