What's new

No, your loud motorbike engine isnt cool, its LAME

Well, in CA, loud pipes save lives, especially when sharing lanes. My estimate is about 3/5's of all cagers are too dumb or distracted to see me a coming....

I agree, harley's shouldn't have loud pipes, but mine gives me more HP, so, you can kindly suck it, sir!

No neg rep for me, but really, loud pipes have saved my life on a number of occasions.

Carry on.

D.C.

Attachments

• 2001.jpg
    2001.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 10

DTFuqua

one thing to inform some of you that think a Harley setting at a light or stop sign, blipping the throttle is for kicks how wrong you are. My sportster has very low oil pressure at idle so I blip the throttle to get oil through the engine when setting stopped for some reason. It's a Harley thing with my bike, an 80 ironhead spoirtster. I do like its sound too.

Easy7

Veteran
I like choppers, but they are dangerous. I haven't ride a motor bike in some time, just small tiny kid stuff. My Uncle, he used to park his harley in the kitchen. He gave up bikes and started to drive semi's instead. Bikers love their weed?

Does your transportation really need to be that loud? I don't know about anybody else but I don't like being woke up in the middle of the night.

The last time I seen a Goldwing I couldn't believe how quit it was!I would rather ride that bike,than something that removes my fillings.

At what price does the rest of the world have to pay for your piece of mind?

motaloca

Here motos outnumber cars at least 1 to 20 but they are all honda cub like bikes. just in the last coup;e of years we get bigger louder bikes.
this is how we roll here
moto2.jpg

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
After Marilynn passes I will probably get a bike, but it will be with the stipuation that the fucking thing is QUIET!!! Loud noises cause migraines!!!

I dunno about loud pipes saving lives, by the time most cager's hear a bikes pipes its as the rider is blowing by them and too late for them to react.

I run an 08 R1 with full akropovic exhaust and power commander that sounds like a fucking F16 when fully wound out but around town and especially my neighborhood I keep the revs below 6k and its pretty stealth, just a low guttural growl, that none of my neighbors mind, they all smile and wave.

Most guys (imho) with obnoxiously loud pipes just want attention, or be part of the rebel/badass motorcycle mythology...

cravin morehead

Veteran
i'd have to say loud pipes do help save lives. i ride an '07 ninja zx10r with a full yosh system and power commander. in so cal, alot of times freeway riding is in close to dead stop traffic. when traffic is like that, car drivers are constantly trying to better their situation and changing lanes frequently. when i come lane splitting, i blip my throttle on occasion to announce my passing by. i also blip when people are staring into their side view mirrors and squeezing off the little room between lanes.
with that said, i don't have aftermarket pipes to be loud and cool. i have them to increase performance and fuel economy. i'm almost 40 years old and know i'm cool. JK... also, if car drivers would just give a little love and space, we'll be out of your lives in a split second. don't be jealous we're beating traffic, get a bike and join us...

ride safe, and have fun,

cm

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^My dad ran a Ducati shop for like 15 years. Motorcycle riders are some of the coolest people I know. Most of them just like the freedom and going fast. I find it is mostly like poser doctors that spend 50k on a bike with loud pipe and cromed out and ride it once a year in a parade or some shit, those are the show offs. I know some riders that ride 200 miles a day in a work commute rain or shine..... not ice though. They have loud pipes for the same reason you said. safety.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i'm almost 40 years old and know i'm cool. JK...
cm

just wait till you're almost 50!

honestly...it's "the call of the wild". my palms start sweating and heartbeat increases, pupils dilate, sphincter factor dictates a response...
throw a leg over, twist out a few rips, point it downrange, and smile...

that's cooool....and it's gotta be loud.
:woohoo:

MagniKhan

Veteran
I know your having a little fun here so I won't take it to seriously.

Here in Florida the "near deads" are jealous that most riders have a longer lease on life and will do anything to change it, the others are just oblivious... And could give two shits if they run you over as long as they get that text sent.
So I really hope that my "Big Twin" running through dual Hookers ANNOYS THE SHIT OUT OF YOU and everyone else on the road, I mean just rattles the fillings right out. My hopes are that my extremely bright headlights give all that witness it a migraine of epic proportions......I'm not really even kidding here, I have nothing but contempt for all the POS's in the death cages.
Get to close and I'll toss a 7/8' nut (or a fucking chain) at your windshield.....and then DARE you to look at me at a light.....fucking dare you....walk up on me and you'll discover what Florida Gun laws are about, though I've really never needed one.

Can ya' tell I've lost some close friends to self righteous assholes....

So to answer your question.....YES,.... unfortunately yes.

Agaricus

I do love the sound of a v twin, used to live in a Harley town and I'd grin when the boys rode by. At least daytime and weekends.

But JAYZUS! 1 o'clock on a Wednesday morning and they're leaving the bar and I had to be at work at 7 it fucking sucked!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The limits of noise should be lower for sure. I hear some bikes that are beyond loud. Stereo too if it gets above 120 decibels or so.

I used to ride and understand the safety issue but in reality most who have super loud bikes are trying to me manly or something like that. 1 block away loud ok. 1 mile away loud no.

Latest posts

Latest posts