What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No-Till thread?

VERMONSTAH

Who dat do you have a familiarity with compost bins>? I have one thats several seasons old (untouched btw) I went to grab a 5 gallon bucket of the bottom portion it was chock o block full of worms and rolly polly's then i saw......ANTS! Never had this issue before, are they a huge problem? I have heard tea tree oil will repell ants but honeslty if i can just let them live out their lives id like to not fuck with them. Yeah im a dont like killing things weirdo

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Who dat do you have a familiarity with compost bins>? I have one thats several seasons old (untouched btw) I went to grab a 5 gallon bucket of the bottom portion it was chock o block full of worms and rolly polly's then i saw......ANTS! Never had this issue before, are they a huge problem? I have heard tea tree oil will repell ants but honeslty if i can just let them live out their lives id like to not fuck with them. Yeah im a dont like killing things weirdo

Somebody else would be better off answering this one. I wouldn't want to bring the ants inside though...

MileHighGlass

I totally agree with the inside issue, Maybe i should just let it go to frost?

I have recently had ants eat most of my rove beetles, and hypoaspis miles. I had to buy more and reintroduce. Something I didn't see coming. I had all of my pots on the ground inside while I was building racks. The ants decided it was their own personal buffet. Hopefully being on racks will help out. I have been spraying orange oil on the floor everyday, and they have thinned a bit but they are still coming.