What's new

NO NUTES VERTICAL!

HERE IS MY FIRST OF 4 MOBILE SHELVES (4 MAKES A SQUARE) THE POTS ARE 1.5 GAL (7.5"X7.5") THE SHELF IS 42" WIDE 42" HIGH (ABOUT 30" FROM POT IN BOTTOM ROW TO POT IN TOP ROW) EACH SIDE HOLDS 15 PLANTS FOR A TOTAL OF 60 ONCE IT GETS UP AND SWINGING (JUST DOING 15 AT THE MOMENT) MY MIX IS A PRE-FERTED ORGANIC MIX OF 1 BAG FFOF (1.5 CU FT) 1 BAG OF MIRACLE GRO ORGANIC GARDEN SOIL (1 CU FT AND I KNOW ITS MIRACLE GRO BUT ITS A TEST IM DOING) 1 CUP BLOOD MEAL, 1 CUP BONE MEAL AND ABOUT 3-4 GALLONS REGULAR (NOT CHUNCKY ... TOO $$) PERLITE ... THIS IS ENOUGH SOIL FOR 15 CONTAINERS COST ABOUT 25-30 BUCKS AND ILL ONLY EVER ADD TAP WATER (BY HAND FOR NOW BUT WHEN I GET 60 IN THERE I WILL USE A DRIPPER SYSTEM ON A TIMER) THE SHELVES CAST 10 BUCKS TO BUILD (6 1X2'S AND 2 2X4'S) I AM USING 1 600WATT HPS AT THE MOMENT BUT WITH 3 SHELVES IM THINKING I MAY NEED TO ADD ANOTHER ... BUT THIS GROW IS JUST A TEST ... THE PLANTS ARE NIRVANAS AK48 AND ARE AN EXTREMLY HARDY PLANT AS I HAVE BURNED THEM FUCKED UP THEIR PH OVER WATERED AND HAD THEM OVER 100 DEGREES A FEW TIMES ... THEY WERE STUNTED AND YELLOW AND BROWN BUT RECOVERED ... HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE SHELF ... ILL GO AND GET SOME PICS OF THE PLANTS IN AN HOUR OR SO

HERE ARE THE PLANTS ... THE YELLOW/BROWN IN THE LOWER LEAVES IS FROM BEFORE ... THEY WERE TRANSPLANTS ABOUT 36 HRS AGO ... IT IS ALOT BRIGHTER IN THE ROOM THAN THE PICS SHOW (CAMERA AUTOMATICALLY ADJUST TO LIGHT) AND I KNOW MY CAMERA SUCKS ... BUT THIS GIVES YOU AN IDEA

PS ... DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD CMEMORY DIGITAL CAMERA FOR TAKE PICS OF A GROW? ALSO DOES ANYONE CARE TO TELL ME HOW TO TAKE CLOSEUP PICS WITHOUT GETTING ALL BLURRY? THANKS

G

Damn that looks really good. Awesome job. If I was doing soil I would totally do that.

WormSlayer

Thats a really sweet setup!

Your watering by hand? I wanted to do the same thing with the angled pots, but ended up using flat shelves with trays of water. - Already thinking about switching to drip-feeding after this first crop!

To take closeups, you will probably need to switch the camera to macro mode - on mine, its an icon of a bunch of flowers lol :)

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Awesome idea.

So 3' wide by 6' tall? 20 plants each rack? 3 racks? Where do the pots drain?

Thanks

brainlab

how does it work with watering the tilted pots ? does it work well ? ... anyway a nice setup

watermelon

its nice to see someone doing these soil verts, i plan to have one one day.

where exactly do your pots drain to? it looks to me that they would cover the lower plants with thier runoff.

only other thing id say is that a square isnt really that effecent as light is going to get lost in the dense corners. id persoanlly build a 5 sided hex vert but im sure yours will work perfectly.

ever see that guy on advanced nutriants forums with the soil octogon vert? now that was a grow.

DownDrome

Thats a really good idea the whole no nuts thing. as an unexperienced grower i can't but think a lot of the nute religion that goes on in weed world, well there could be some hype in there, but what can i say about it as i myself haven't really tried shit out. and I'm not saying that nute science is bullshit for great plants, but just how good of flowers are produced from fine soil alone . THanks plenty for finding stuff out.

Peace

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND TIPS ... ILL TRY TO ANSWER A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS NOW ... THE SHELVES HAVE A 3" PVC PIPE FOR GUTTERING UNDER THEM (I CANT TAKE CREDIT FOR THE DESIGN I BORROWED IT FROM HEATHROBINSON OVER AT 420FORUMS) I AM WATERING BY HAND RIGHT NOW BUT WILL BE USING DRIPPERS WHEN I GET ALL 4 SIDE UP AND RUNNING ... AS FAR AS SQUARE NOT BEING THAT EFFIECENT TELL THAT TO THE GUY I BORROWED THESE PLANS FROM HE IS PULL OVER 1.5GRAM/WATT WITH 2 600'S IN A SQUARE 6'X4' SETUP 3 SHELVE HIGH. IM JUST HAPPY IT STANDS UP WITH MY SHABBY CARPENTRY SKILLS ... LOL THIS IS ALSO MY FIRST INDOOR GROW (IF YOU COUNT THE SEEDS I THREW OUTSIDE AND GOT A BUNCH MORE SEEDS IN THE FALL ... LOL DIDNT KNOW ABOUT SEXING THEN) WITH ALL 4 SIDES UP AND RUNNING I THINK I WILL RUN 12/12 FROM SEEDS AND MAYBE TRY A FEW DIFFERENT STRAINS AND TRY TO MAKE SOME CROSSES ... THIS WILL BE A GOOD 12/12 FROM SEEDS SETUP I THINK AND I CAN DO 60 SEEDS AT A TIME .... ANYWAY ILL KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED AND THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY THREAD!

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Ya, I've read Heaths, and knew that you made your setup after his when I saw the pics. His system is well designed. I hope to do a setup similar to this in the future.

Please keep us updated with how its going and what your g/whour is.

chosen

Veteran
Sweet Idea. That could easily be made into a flood and drain setup as well.
Nice design ideas.

HI ALL ... HAD A PROBLEM AND LIGHTS WERE OFF FOR AN UNKNOWN AMOUNT OF TIME (NO LONGER THAN 48 HRS) I WENT AHEAD AND PUT THEM INTO FLOWER (12/12) HOPE ALL WILL GO WELL PLANTS ARE STRETCHED ALOT MORE THAN THEY SHPULD BE

Latest posts

Latest posts