What's new

No more Prepaid CC's in my area?

dbcooper

Well I do my online shopping with a credit card and prepaid card at times, turns out only U.S. only cards and cards that require a valid ss number and id are what is left in my area, anyone notice this? I hate giving out info.

dbcooper

I'm in the states, think the Vanilla Cards are U.S. only. What is annoying they say all the info is safe, then a year or so someone steals millions of peoples info.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I'm in Safeway ATM and I just saw cc cards that are pre-paid?. I live in Santa Cruz, Ca, what am I not getting here?

dbcooper

They are only good in the U.S. they have that on the front of the card, if not then you have to register them with a valid name and social security number.

seeyouaunty

Do retailers allow direct bank deposits? Thats what i do here in New Zealand. I order my stuff online and at the end there is an option to deposit money into the traders bank account. So i just go into the bank and make a cash deposit and put my online transaction number as the reference details. At no point do i have to identify myself or show ID. I also make sure to have the goods delivered to a local (or not) mail depot for pickup instead of my real address. The cops might stakeout a hydro store but theres no way they can easily stakeout a mail centre.