What's new

No mention in American media about the result of unchecked immigration in France?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a lot of racism in France and i'm obviously making a generalisation... but progressive attitudes are about where the UK was in the 80's 90's ime

Immigrant communities, mostly 2nd and third generation,often live in poor 'ghetto' areas in the large cities and are discriminated against by many, including the armed, heavy handed police. I'm sure rational, fair-minded folk in the USA will sympathise with that situation.

VG

RobFromTX

The problem isnt immigrants. Its Hipsters. Rich urban locusts that gobble up culture and shit it out as strip malls and vegan soy shake stands. Closing down mom and pop stores. Closing down good mexican restaurants. Theres no room for middle class america, much less immigrants when those clowns come to town. Im writing my congressman to suggest we start busing them to other states instead of immigrants

RobFromTX

1690297743188.png

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
My town is rife with French hipsters and I just realized that!!

They are everywhere.

Why tuck your junk into tiny tight jeans?

I actually used to think that vegans would die naturally but now all they're doing is ruining cheese and processing the hell out of their food.

Eltitoguay

There is a lot of racism in France and i'm obviously making a generalisation... but progressive attitudes are about where the UK was in the 80's 90's ime

Immigrant communities, mostly 2nd and third generation,often live in poor 'ghetto' areas in the large cities and are discriminated against by many, including the armed, heavy handed police. I'm sure rational, fair-minded folk in the USA will sympathise with that situation.

VG
I am of the same opinion as my distant French relative, who can also compare the evolution of Hispanic emigration (the Spanish, which was the first great wave of immigration that France experienced, starting in 1939; and the Hispanic-American that was added later, beginning in 1960) with the Franco-North African and that of "French black Africa": According to her, all the waves ended up living in ghettos (the Spanish even in concentration camps) and they all had their pros and cons in the eyes of the metropolitan French: The Hispanics had in favor of coinciding mainly with the metropolitan French of the moment: oscillating mainly between Christianity and atheism; against, not being French-speaking. The Franco-Africans had in their favor that many of them were directly French with full rights, or their children, and were French-speaking; against the religious difference due to the enormous implantation of Islam among them. (Apart from the stigma of the Algerians for the traumatic war of independence)
However, the social elevator that mainly involves the public educational system and secondarily social policies, did work for the second generation (the already French children) of Spanish immigrants, but later broke down for the second generation of Franco-Africans...