What's new

No-Cost First Grow

kcbudz31

I do have some molasses, and as we speak, a nice pile of clean dry hardwood sticks burning down in my clean (charcoal) grill out back!

This owns. Thanks for the words of support all, it has enhanced my resolve in this hobby :)

kcbudz31

Drought drove us to sample a nug, speed-dried under a watchful eye and a 100w incandescent

POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER GOOD LORD

next week should be about time, im seeing a tiny bit of cloud

T

THC_Decapitator

Kits

This handmade kit creates a personal experience of participating in a productive food cycle. Human urine, the natural product of our bodies’ daily metabolism, is a sterile solution rich in excess nutrients. The kit lets you recycle the excess nutrients your body creates when you eat and drink into more life, locally. You can take this kit home, pee in it, and perform a biochemical reaction that transforms the nutrients in your urine into an immediately usable fertilizer to feed your own plants.
For more information about using the kits, see the
About the chemical process:
You will be prompting ocean-derived magnesium to bond with the nitrogen, phosphorus, pharmacological micropollutants, and other metabolites in your urine. As a result, you will produce a solid fertilizer called struvite and a liquid by-product. You can use the struvite solid as a fertilizer for your houseplants. Its nitrogen and phosphorus content will nourish them and promote root growth. The liquid by-product of the reaction is less likely than your raw urine to create conditions of eutrophication and pharmacological micropollution in the waterways beyond your toilet.

Urine is an aqueous solution of unused electrolytes and metabolites our kidneys produce to maintain homeostasis within our bodies. Every batch of pee is different, but on average, human urine consists of 59% urea.

Urea is an organic compound with the formula (NH2)2CO.

The nitrogen in urea cannot bond with magnesium until hydrolysis frees it from the urea in the form of ammonia. Hydrolysis occurs automatically in nature and in sewage pipes over longer periods of time when sterile urea meets environmental bacteria. You will be accelerating this process by adding an enzyme, a concentrated urease derived from jack beans.

Urease catalyzes the hydrolysis of urea into released carbon dioxide gas and liquid ammonia:
(NH2)2CO + H2O → CO2 + 2NH3.

The magnesium chloride (MgCl2) bonds with the nitrogen in ammonia and the phosphorus in the urine to create struvite. Researchers have found that this chemical process is also highly effective in removing some pharmacological micropollutants from the remaining liquid by-product that you will be flushing down the toilet.

Struvite, or ammonium magnesium phosphate, (NH4)MgPO4·6(H2O) has been used as a fertilizer for centuries. The small amount left in the glass bowl will nourish your new watercress seeds as they germinate and allow them to grow hydroponically until maturity.

DrinkpeeDIYKIt-large.jpg

drinkpee-diy.gif

kcbudz31

Wow, I SO need that! :D

And to the 1-2 week remark, you may be right - I'll go by amber trichs, favoring more, but we'll see. The 13th will be day 55 of 12/12.

T

THC_Decapitator

that picture is funny on the box , he is taking A dumb into the same water then drinking it lol . watch out fishy ! toilet into tap rocks my taste buds

kcbudz31

Day 55, my predicted cut day. I've decided to hold back on the Fiskars for right now, we only have one or two amber trichs and i'm shooting for more.

Ironically yesterday I bought a light timer, until now it's been manually done each day.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow she looks great.
but I would take her to day 79-85 of 12-12.
cuz in the last 2 weeks of ripening cycle her buds will fatten up a lot.

and thats slso how u get amber trich too.

:-(

Props to you for going cost free. I suppose this answers the question as to how much bud 23 watts of CFL will produce. I wouldn't expect any huge fat colas, but you will definitely get a little smoke and trim out of her. Nice grow!

Lord Doobie

LMAO at manual 12/12 but I guess it can be done if you're at home all the time
when you think about it, the lighting doesn't have to be all that exact
there are storms in nature that block the sun
and lightening which momentarily poisons the plant

kcbudz31

exactly. plus it was easy to do, flip it on after i got out of the shower at 7am, and i had a cell phone alarm set for 7pm

now ask me about the 7 weeks of 18/6 i started it with, turning lights out at midnight and on at 6am. hated rolling out of bed to do that

i noticed im getting a lot of new growth on the colas, lots of fresh greenery underneath. still just a random amber here and there, my glass isnt quite strong enough to check clear/cloudy

might be a christmas chop. For giggles I'm going to try to reveg and take her bonsai. We'll see. I at least want to try to take cuttings after reveg - it will be good practice.

i will do a full weigh if i can bum a scale to see g/W and total hauls.

kcbudz31

this is day 57 of 12/12

The camera is out in the car and it's like two degrees outside, so no pictures tonight. But last night I thought I noticed, and tonight I definitely noticed, big shoots of new material coming up out of most of the colas. They are noticeably fattening up.

Growth spurt!

she's bulking up, the bud/leaf ratio is increasing and there are tons of trichs all over the place. very nice aroma, citrusy now. it makes my mouth water

Any other guesses as to chop time with this? seed is from straight up mexi brick. unless something happens i will let her roll as long as i can, though im worried about losing potency from going too amber - true, or non-issue?