What's new

No Budget Run

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Hard times come easy.
Don't give up the fight!!

What, where, how?

Bagseeds (some kind of paraguayan skunk).

Spare room, 300W blurple chinese leds (from 2016) for vegetative growth 17/7. Blooming outdoors, max of 8 hours of sum straight in the colas, general light cycle 11/13. It's raining once a week, and that's the only watering time.

Organic soil using humus, terra preta, recycled medium, perlite, chicken and cow manure, organic compost (with peat and vermiculite) and bone meal for flowering. Planning some molasses and banana tea.
Planning a new grow and to order seeds.

Learning how to sustain an EWC system to get my own humus.
Learning how to recycle soil organically.
Learning to understand how processes are better than yielding numbers.
Learning how not to hate people.

​​​​​

Starting Point (That old blah damn thing)
I was ditching some street stash I've been smoking since my last run, 2017. I say ditch, I mean, that shit is harvest with seeds, stems, males, leaves, bugs and whatever is carried when the pressing process occurs, smugglers try to decrease it's volume to enhance space to cross the borders.

Then I had an insight.

"WTF, I should stop smoking this shit"

At home, from my last grow, I had a blurple led China 300W, a bag of perlite and some containers. Got from mom's garden some organic medium, earthworm castings, chicken and cow manure, bone meal and a very old red earth to recycle.

Seeds, bag seeds. Always a pleasure and a trip to an unknown strain. My previously run showed me what was that Paraguayan Landrace Sativa, a kind of wild plant. Had a fuckin' lucky session.
Actually I don't know exactly what I'm growing but isn't that bear. Paraguayan dealers are now growing seedbank products, since these seeds tends to grows faster and yields better, less diseases and males, increasing profits.

​​​​​​I've a strong sense that it's a skunk plant. Due to hers smell, appearance, size, times... I'll have a closer shot when finally smoking it.
​​
As soon as I can I'll be improving my conditions. I'm back to work since I quit my last job due to a light depression caused by pandemics.

Thanks for you visit, feel free to argue about anything you want.

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Screenshot_20210603-230301.png
Running 3 plants on Blooming stage.

Soil: 25% perlite
25% recycled soil
20% organic compost
10% earthworm castings
7.5% chicken manure
7.5% bone meal + dolomite
5% cow manure

15 days on flowering, 20L container
Transplanted on day 5 of flowering (!)
Vegged for 50 days under leds
Screenshot_20210603-151551.png
Screenshot_20210603-230008.png
Screenshot_20210603-145131.png

More two plants flowering for 4 days now.
Strong smell of Skunk on hers.
These vegged for 69 days indoors.
Placed since the beginning in these 15L containers, no transplanted at all.

Screenshot_20210603-230225.png

Screenshot_20210603-231619.png

​​​​​​
My previous experiences was 100% indoors, this is my first one using lights for free. The sun is fantastic but the freedom has a price. My place is full of drosophilas and fungus gnats, specially after a week of rain and clouds. Aphids probably came with that old soil I'm recycling and will take a time to make it a fully balanced, which I believe will make it free from pests. Now that ladybug is doing a job for both of us. There's a couple of unknown insects coming here to have a meal. Thanks for all!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-151122.png
    Screenshot_20210604-151122.png
    618 KB · Views: 38

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Plants look good.

That is a LOT of chicken poop. I get nervous using more than a TBSP in a 5 gallon bucket of tea. I didn't see any "fluff" like peat. I have the soil pH at 7 or higher, and water with 6.2-6.3 tap water that has the chlorine filtered out. Otherwise I use pond water..

Some people put a cover on top of the soil to keep gnats out. Gravel, plastic, or I use a clover cover crop.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Plants look good.

That is a LOT of chicken poop. I get nervous using more than a TBSP in a 5 gallon bucket of tea. I didn't see any "fluff" like peat. I have the soil pH at 7 or higher, and water with 6.2-6.3 tap water that has the chlorine filtered out. Otherwise I use pond water..

Some people put a cover on top of the soil to keep gnats out. Gravel, plastic, or I use a clover cover crop.

Yes, it's dried and cured manure, an old soil recipe and has been cooked for at least a month before using. This recipe will change for sure. But for brewing teas better to get a little less. Straight in the soil never had problems.
After this initial no budget cycle I'll be listing different resources to enhance this soil composition. Bokashi and castor bean pie are under my sight. There's some peat and vermiculite in that organic compost, I'm studying to use rice hulls and pumice in the future. That cow manure is working more as a fluffier than as a nutrient resource, my first time using and liking it.
I just found a University near from me and they provide a good soil analysis, as soon my ROLS start to run by itself I'll be talking to that people, to ensure what's happening and what I've to improve. I'm still struggling with my EWC system, great expectations around it's subproducts.
My meters are broken. New ones will come.
For while everything is running just by my eyes. Watering with filtered water, probably alkaline due to its flavor, I drink mineral water, which is more acidic here. But it's just a guess.
Yes, excellent idea to cover up the soil. Will retain more water decreasing necessity of it, concentrating life and nutrients dismissed with runoffs. That idea of almost no watering becomes real now. My veggies see water every 10 days or less. I think it's great. And these small flies are annoying, really.

Thank you for your insights!!
​​​​​

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Transplanting time

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210607_110237.jpg Views:	16 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	17873788 Clones above, transplanted today
13 days vegging
2 gal container (left, middle)
1.5 gal contaners (right)
0.7 gal container (down)
All topped above the fourth node

Below is my vegetation place. Just a spare room unused cuz I'm living alone here. Really nice let the plants vegetate under these Chinese LEDs. For me, not good for flowering, maybe two. I would like to use shine HPS to flowering my babies and keep this LEDs for vegging it.
filedata/fetch?filedataid=2050038
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

IMG_20210607_111131.jpg
filedata/fetch?filedataid=2050039
​ ​​​​​​
Overall Veg Room

2 plants in 2gal containers: 74 days
4 transplanted clones: 13 days
5 clones (.5gal container): 13 days

​​​​​

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Transplanting time
After 90 days vegging, my small Paraguayan Skunk is now living in a 4gal container, in a mix containing:
25% perlite,
35% organic mix (peat, vermiculite, humus and terra preta - EWC subproduct),
30% recycled medium (earth, humus, manure, dolomite, bone meal, cooked for 6 weeks),
5% cow manure,
3.5% bone meal,
1.5% dolomite lime
It's what I can reach without budget, and it's working pretty well.
Now this plant will vegetate for ten days more, transitioning to bloom stage.
A Banana tea is almost brewed and will be used in the next few days.

Attachments

• photo2051128.jpg
    photo2051128.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2051129.jpg
    photo2051129.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 31

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Plant#2 (right) The Main Cola Project
Plant#3 (left) Topped

Paraguayan Skunk (South American bagseeds)

Screenshot_20210613-151227.png

Vegged for 69 days under LEDs
Outdoors Flowering: Day 14

Tea applied
5 gals filtered water
3 peels of banana
1 tbsp bone meal
1 tbsp molasses from Demerara sugar
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Main cola project, a no-topped plant

Screenshot_20210613-150851.png

Exactly the same medium, container, watering. My cat ate one of the branches still in veg stage. That's ok,

Plant#2, main cola, smells that wonderful skunk you know, since vegetative. The topped one isn't like that.

Screenshot_20210613-150906.png
​​​​​​​
Screenshot_20210613-150935.png

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Plant#6

Clone from Plant#2, switched to flowering after just a week vegetating.
It's an experience to watch how this process works, based on a thread I was reading some days ago.
Has been a very ugly plant.
0.4gal pot.

IMG_20210615_163704.jpg
IMG_20210615_163726.jpg
IMG_20210615_163733.jpg
A mother and her clone.
IMG_20210615_163757.jpg

Plant#1 Love organics and how the magic works.
Trichs are starting to cover the pistils and small leaves.
​​​​​​Flowering - Day 25

Screenshot_20210615-164615.png

Scheduling

Screenshot_20210615-162835~2.png

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Oh man
My old stuff
There was that cop playing with drones over my house, the only way he could find my grow
He could've busted me, still illegal here
Then a got a warning from the landlord asking me to leave the property 🙃

"I'll be back" - and just like The Terminator here we go again

Got a couple of Super Skunk (not labeled, not 100% sure about its origins) seeds for a new run.
100% indoors
Finding leds
And wondering to build a chamber

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Had this couple of seeds, sticked it into the ground and it starts to grow, no fancy techniques, no paper towel.

Starting the fourth week after germination

Waiting for stuff bought online, including more leds and structure for the chamber. Not thinking about flowering yet, except for the rols organic soil I'm starting to mix to let it rest for at least 2 months before using it. I'll be adding some external P resources like bone meal and make some corrections it needs.

Base soil is ROLS, my earthworms has been working for the last 2 years to provide this rich soil for free. Banana peels are its favorite food. For germination and vegetative cicles hope not to add nothing to this mix.
Using perlite, coco fiber and turfa (35%) to help compounding this soil.

This is a very small amount of light.

Attachments

• 20231119_115530.jpg
    20231119_115530.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 20231119_115455.jpg
    20231119_115455.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

Freddy_K

Hi Marz!
you are from Brazil? I'm Brazilian, and I've already cultivated some of these Paraguayan Skunk :)
Maybe one day I will go back to cultivating some seeds that i have saved.
I remember their skunky smell. very good

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Hi Marz!
you are from Brazil? I'm Brazilian, and I've already cultivated some of these Paraguayan Skunk :)
Maybe one day I will go back to cultivating some seeds that i have saved.
I remember their skunky smell. very good
Hello @Freddy_K
Straight from ABC Paulista
I'm gathering material to start a new journal

This one is old, I'm no longer running without investments, still more gardner than fancy marijuana grower, but for this one I'm assembling a chamber for a Perpetual season and wanna share here my rols system and simple garden techs to grow weed.

I presume I'm growing super skunk seeds, but it's unlabeled stuff so time will tell

That old Paraguayan sativas were wild plants, hard to maintain using indoor techniques.. the first ones, 2010 till 2015 were really wild plants, strange smell, really different from stuff bought at seed shops, but that last one was just regular skunk

Since they came from same origin, street weed from São Paulo, noticed that Paraguayan drug smugglers now are growing modern marijuana, no longer that ancient wild plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts