What's new

NJ Medical Marijuana

ChronJohn

\How would a DC dispensary make sure my OCBC card isn't a forgery?

Well for one thing, who would forge one? they're easy enough to get.. also, if a liquor store can take an out of state drivers license, even out of country forms of government issue ID, why would it be any different for MMJ card? If you think faking an out of state script would be too easy, find a middle ground. Accept out of state state-issued cards but not a doctor's recommendation. Something from the state, all official with a letterhead and seal and stuff saying you have a valid rec for MMJ, or are an official state-licensed out of state caregiver. Also, how do cops in other states see if the script is legit? They call the doctor (sometimes an automatic hotline the doctor has set up) and verify. The dispensaries in DC could do the same. There are many options for assisting out-of-state patients with their needs, keep an open mind.

Eli Bloom

where would they be getting nuggets from if there's no med growers allowed? maybe THAT's something worth contacting dhc about, hook em up! i'm stoked that this got passed in jersey, even if it's not ideal, i grew up in north jersey and mj was def frowned upon...in philly now and things are turning around here!! go hb 1393!!

igrowone

Veteran
my understanding it will be state operated grow facilities and dispensaries
i'm sure that will work out well

fdish

Now if NY would follow suit. We also have a governor on his way out the door. Last year he introduced over 100 new taxes in NY alone.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
It sure seems popular to exclude cultivation nowadays. The newly proposed MD law has that defect as well. :mad: Oh well, cartel members got to eat as well.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
^^^I don't buy into that at all. MPP is a reflection of, not the creator of this particular fad. If there's a problem with MPP it's that they're too willing to make concessions to get bills passed. But you tell me, is it better to pass Maryland's bill as proposed, or to stick with the current bogus MMJ law?

If you really want someone to 'thank' for this current fad, thank the Camp Runamok growers and retailers of California.

edit: it's also notable that the entire character of MPP will very possibly change now that Rob Kampia has been thrown under the bus.

Last edited:

big mike

If you really want someone to 'thank' for this current fad, thank the Camp Runamok growers and retailers of California.

Sadly, I'd have to agree. All the discussions that went on here referenced how rampant use is in cal and how it blew up beyond control. Our legislators fear that more than anything else about this bill.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran

Alaigh, 45 of Warren, was the national medical director for the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline. She practices medicine at the New Jersey Veterans Administration Hospital in Lyons and is a member of the College of New Jersey Board of Trustees and has served as president of the American Heart Association of North Jersey.

i wonder how close she still is with glaxo....

big mike

NJWEEDMAN on normlnj.com said:
Just so no-one here is surprised I plan on Challenging the new law as soon as it is signed with a INJUNCTION to stop it's implimentation.

--

(VOID for VAGNESS)
Question would people like me - who use marijuana medicinally/Spiritually be allowed to under this NEW LAW? Why is this law so restrictive? To the writers of this LAW they should have just "COPIED CALIFORNIA's PROP 215" instead they write this crap that will do nothing but be tied up in courts for years. Most people who want/need marijuana won't be helped at all by this "limited new law". Why ca't a person like me be a PROVIDER in Jersey.

Ok - I'm working on that challenge now. At some point in the near future I'll be sneeking into the state and filing a suit to challenge the constitutionality of this crap.

Why would the state recognize the medical use of marijuana but continue to prosecute people under criminal statutes that claim marijuana has no medicinal value and is a schedule I drug?

The fact that the state has recognized its medical usefullness should invalidate criminal statues that claim marijuana is a schedule I drug.

_____
"Anyone challenging the constitutionality of a statute bears the burden of establishing its unconstitutionality." NEWARK SUPERIOR OFFICES ASSOCIATION, Supra 98, N.J. at 222, 486 A2d 305.

I wish to challenge the constitutionality and validity of this new law, I'm working on gaining standing. - (i need to create my own case) -

Laws need to evolve, The faster the better.

Your thoughts?

igrowone

Veteran
Your thoughts?

seems reasonable to me, lousy system from what i see
this will be interesting, once you admit to the usefulness of MJ for medical use, you've opened that legal doorway
but how this will play out in courts, who knows?

igrowone

Veteran
this seems a bit better than it looked a few weeks ago, chronic pain is a pretty big brush, of course that depends on the interpretation
i found glaucoma a bit odd, i don't think MMJ is seen to be as good for this condition as other medications, might be a good supplemental med though
no harm in including it in the list
it's going to take some time to see if this pans out as useful to a substantial number of patients
reality is, most patients are quite capable of getting their own MMJ with out the state
if the state MMJ system sucks, they just won't use it

JahsGarden

I have printed read the NJ Law over and over. Here is my issue(s) with NJ's Law:

1. It will be up to the NJ Dept. of Health to add conditions as they please (they get to play God), right now it states that is meds are only available for Debilitating or Terminal Illnessess. That eliminates more than half of the diseases/disorders this medicine treats. For instance I have IBS and Graves Disease, neither of which are on the list, So the flaw in the Law is that by discriminating diseases it still forces the rest of us to be Illegal.

2. As others have stated, there is no clear cut outline of where the dispenseries get inventory. It says they can grow their own or "Aquire" it. Aquire it from where?, other states? Independent growers?

3.The law states that the first dispenseries to open will have to be non-profit companies and after they are established for-profit co.'s can apply for a permit. They (NJDOH) have not yet come up with the application process, fees or regulations.

I think there will be many problems in NJ with the current laws.

JahsGarden

Oh yea and it's BS that NJ is the only state where patients can not grow their own.
At least let them grow a minimum amount of 1-2 plants. It is ridiculous!

NJ=Babylon

Latest posts

Latest posts