What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana's seeds

§-und-§

the difference

the difference

some of the descriptions on sd say that they were made with 'the finest clones to be had in holland' which suggests that they are knock-offs.

§-und-§

think about it this way

think about it this way

the offspring are only going to be as good as the parents or the best combination of their genes. while you are going to get great plants from f2s you are not getting the originals. i've been really happy with the f2s i have grown (from JLP) and i've only heard good things about nirvana. for the price they are definetly worth it.

teddynugent

Nirvana strains are great. Don't get me wrong, I prefer to have the original strain from the original breeder, but for $10-15 a pack, you can't go wrong. Most of the Nirvana strains I've grew were real nice smoke. There's just a lot of variation between plants. There are a lot of other breeders out there that sell all F2 strains, but for a much higher price. Now, I know why the F1's and/or original strains are more expensive. I don't really know why there is such a price difference between Nirvana strains and the other breeder's F2 strains. I am kinda curious to know why they sell for more money. Maybe they are more stable? Or they put more time into breeding the strains? If anyone knows why Nirvana's F2's sell for $10 or$15 and other F2's sell for $50+ I'd like to know.

Thanks,

-Teddy

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
nirvana

nirvana

I have strains from nirvana sexing right now. They are Ice, Durban Poison and NL x BB, and the freebie Who's your Daddy.
So far I have these ratios:

female strain male
4 Ice 4 10pk- two never sprouted
3 D.P. 7 10pk-all sprouted
16 NLxBB 20 40pk-four never sprouted

The Who's your Daddy I have not germ. yet This will be an interesting strain!!!!

So, slightly under 50% females. For an F2 they grow good and smoke great!!! I have gown Blue Mystic and Hindu Kush from Nirvana has well.
I have been pleased with the F2 but I also grow some F1(Widow and Mazar) which of course are outstanding!!!!
Keep it Growing!

Hog

TokerBabe

I could be wrong, but I would assume, seeds have a very high profit margin...and depending on the circumstances or risks involved with gettting them out to the market; the profit margin can change.
Seeds Direct legally smokes, grows, breeds and sells seeds (right?) in their country making them quite affordable to produce.

Thanks guys for making seeds avail. to us in these backward MJ countries. :D

-TokerBabe

edit: I dont think the price is about quality at all, more about legality. (F2).

Last edited:

teddynugent

I was just looking through a High Times the other day. I seen a seed company in there called Kind Seed Co. God do I feel bad for anyone who orders from them. They have the same Nirvana seeds that Seeds Direct sells. I almost shit when I seen what they charged though. The same Nirvava strain SD sells for $10, Kind Seed Co. sells for $120-$130! Talk about mark-up. I think they were selling Sensi's Jack Herer for $395. That's just rediculous. It makes me mad actually. That's ripping people off big time, but I guess half the damn people that read High Times wouldn't know that they were even being ripped off. I still feel bad for people who pay that much for those seeds.

wisc2

SD is the reward for the informed grower. If you feel sorry for others, put the word out. When my buddy came over and he wanted to know where to beans for his outdoor grow, where do you think I sent him?:D

ezozo

First lets be clear Nirvana are NOT Gypsy SD !

SD have a good price on many breeders/seeds makers.
Nirvana sale there seeds on SD but on other places and in there own shop !

I have some good experience with nirvana seeds although some are F2 seeds and I think they have the best selection for beginners and growers that don't have the need to breed.

we can see some other good breeders/seeds makers that have a good prices too, like BOG, I think his seeds worth the price !
I think that the POK collection and other where great price for great seeds.

Yes, I don't think and I will not buy 10 seeds for 150 - 300$ :mad:
people that sale seeds in these prices are swindlers :mad:

but if there are people that buying on these prices it's there problem :confused:

have a nice grow everyone and don't be shy to find the best price it's good for all of us !
zozo

The Doc.

All my $15 Nirvana seeds are doing badass, and so far I am impressed with the quality and health of all but one of the plants.

filth water

Nirvana seeds kick ass

Nirvana seeds kick ass

You will not find anything but positive comments regarding Nirvana's seed, because they perform very well. They are bred professionally !!!;)

teddynugent

Oh man, last night I got to smoke some Ice from Nirvana that my friend grew (all organic on an aeroflo w/3 1000wt. lights). God damn is that some good weed. I havn't been that high in a pretty long time. I was totally zoned out. I was having trouble following conversations as I kept spacing out. My one friend threw up. He took a huge rip out of this big bong my buddy has and just kept coughing and coughing and coughing and he finally ended up puking. He was high as hell after that, and he had to drive my car home cuase I have a leg injury and unable to drive. He couldn't even stay in the lane half the time. It's was a good night. Ice will be on my next seed order for sure.

G-D

for what what you get VS what you pay for, your DAMN right that they kick ass those $20 beans have paid me back a 1000 times over.

Hi Hi HIGH! when I was first introduced to Nirvana's line, didnt give it much notice. For 10 euros... how good could it be? (was my thinking). After getting over the price shock for NLxHaze in the late 80's....

Price of seeds is hardly much of an issue if one takes cuttings... I mean if after you have grown a couple of thousand grams of something... how expensive was a $100 pack of seeds?

All that said... after growing a few Nirvana selections... have a MUCH different opinion. True... with some of the offerings have had a bit of variation... but thus far, has only been for the good.
As stated several times above, ICE is a first rate smoke. Nirvana White Rhino and Blue Mystic were both worth far more that the cost.

The big suprise has been the Nirvana CaliO.. 100% germ rate, obtained two nice phenos... both taste FANTASTIC (better than my FD Royal Orange, which is no easy feat!), excellent "high"
(one is too couch lock for me... but friends like it) less than a 70 day finish... and with the more "sat" pheno... ha ha ha, cannot believe the yeilds myself. *shrugs* what can I say... these babies may not have their "pedigree"... ha ha ha, but they are truly "winners" for me. *grins*

go figure.?.?. ha ha ha okies... time to go get loaded (again)
*whipes forehead with back of hand* this "quality control" sure is hard work! hee hee hee *waves aloha* Aki

surfjunkie

I gotta say i too am damn impressed with nirvanas seeds.
got a pack of nirvana northern lights pure indica and contrary
to reports u might here elsewhere there were no dodgy sativa phenos. there was some variation among them but all were
interesting and one of them grew two massive colas that weighed a little over an ounce each dried! Smoke wise u feel it in the body but your real high at the same time.

I was so pleased i ordered a pack of white rhino and bubblegum
straight away.

G

I second that.

How can you go wrong with quality seeds of almost nothing. When I order from nirvanna I just order like 10 strains at once for the price of 1 pack of 10 at Emeryseeds.

Grow ON

Latest posts

Latest posts